Texas AG Ken Paxton Impeached

Embattled Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton (R) on Saturday was reportedly impeached and suspended from his duties pending the results of a trial.

Paxton, who recently got 11th-hour support from former president Donald Trump, Sen. Ted Cruz, and more, was first recommended for impeachment by a GOP-led panel reviewing the allegations against him. Thursday, he called for a protest at the state capitol in response to the recommendation.

Now, The House voted 121-23 to suspend him based on allegations of bribery, abuse of office, and obstruction. This is the state's first such impeachment since 1975, according to The Texas Tribune.

"In a history-making late-afternoon vote, a divided Texas House chose Saturday to impeach Attorney General Ken Paxton, temporarily removing him from office over allegations of misconduct that included bribery and abuse of office," the outlet reported Saturday. "The vote to adopt the 20 articles of impeachment was 121-23."

2023, the year that finally catches up to these clowns. And it ain't over yet.
My friend is a former Texas State Senator and he told me a story about Paxton. There was a Texas State Rep who was gifted a $1000.00 ink pen by his wife. While going through the detector at the airport, the Rep forgot it in the tray. Somehow the AH Paxton ended up with it because he was behind the guy at the airport screener. The Rep saw Paxton using it later on and said, Hey, that's mine. Paxton is a thief.

Paxton's wife is a Texas State Senator and is involved in his corruption. All eyes are on her. I bet she's history, also.

I admit I haven't been following the case and the impeachment seemed to come out of nowhere. Do they have actual evidence of crimes against Paxton?
Paxton tried to get the State to pay for his dirty dealings. What a corrupt SOB.

From Vox:
"It comes after Paxton has publicly pressured them to pay $3.3 million in taxpayer funds to settle a whistleblower lawsuit against him, in which four former high-ranking officials in his office claim they were unlawfully fired in retaliation for accusing him of accepting bribes and other ethics violations"

Watch the video in this link:

The Tex-Ass ReNaziKlan Party is rotten from the top down. For Paxton to be impeached is a very big deal. He pissed a whole lot of the wrong people.
It's about time the Texans finally had enough and banished Paxton. I heard that only 3% of their legislature runs that State so it pushed the right buttons, obviously.

Will the Senate convicted Paxton with a 2/3d's vote. I think his wife (she's in the TX Senate) plus maybe four, probably three, will support him.

IOW, 'bye bye Paxton' 'I think he's going to cry cry.'
She may not con-sidering how he got his mistress a job in Austin so he didn't have to go back and forth from San Antonio.

It's about time the Texans finally had enough and banished Paxton. I heard that only 3% of their legislature runs that State so it pushed the right buttons, obviously.

The Legislature meets something every two years. It long and storied history of corruption, dating back to before L.B.J. Being on the pad is a way of life.

Forum List

Back