Tesla Model S - Love the Car and Range, but...

GHook93

Aristotle
Apr 22, 2007
Chicago
...ranging from $50K-$80K (after the $7.5K gov rebate), isn't really for the middle class. Maybe some upper middle classers!

However, I think this is a great start on what will be the future (along with the Leaf, Volt and other electric cars).

320 miles is more than many cars get. Take a 13 gallon tank that get average 22 mpg = 286!

Take the normal drive might do 30-40 a day! At 30 miles you would be good for 10 days at 40 miles good for 8 days. At 50 your good for nearly a week. And for the long commuter of 100 miles a day, you have nearly 3 1/2 days!

The mileage would work for nearly EVERY America, however, that price won't work for many Americans. They need to find a way to get the price between the $40K-$50K range.

I am still excited about the car. I think it's a step in the right direction to get off the black crack!

Tesla Model S Boasts 320-Mile Range, One-Hour Recharge Time | Fox News

Typical electric car bullshit. Government-subsidized electric car company wastes hundreds of millions of taxpayer dollars to build over-priced and out-of-reach luxury cars that are only available to the elitists.

Simply plug it in to your local coal-fired generated electrical outlet. What's not to like?

What is wrong with that? :eusa_eh:

First, getting off the foreign oil tit is my concern! Not the global warming hoax.

Second, stationary sources have been proven to be more efficient than mobile ones. Coal and natural gas plants use much more the substance that gas engines.

Third, we have more coal and natural gas reserves than any other country on Earth. Enough to meet our energy needs for centuries

Fourth, unlike our oil, the Environazis have not stopped us from utilizing and pulling these sources out of the grounded.

Fifth, stationary sources can utilize a wide variety of fuels: Coal, Natural Gas, Hydroelectric, Nuclear, biomass, Solar and wind! With the mobile source we are such with oil (aka foreign oil)!

Sixth, I rather have us using 10 fold more coal and natural gas than oil, since we have enough coal and natural gas to meet our needs for centuries and even now we only produce 50% of our gas/oil needs domestically!

Seventh, our oil addiction makes bad countries rich: Arab countries, Venezuela, Russia, Iran etc. rich and holds our economy hostage. Send an economic nuclear bomb against these countries!

Eigth, ending our imports of oil would drastically reduce our trade deficit! Wouldn't cure it, but would help it!

Last edited:
Simply plug it in to your local coal-fired generated electrical outlet. What's not to like?
You can also plug it into the solar collector on your roof, you are not locked into conventional sources of electricity!!!

You can also plug it into the solar collector on your roof, you are not locked into conventional sources of electricity!!!

It takes about a week to recharge an EV with a solar set up. Sometimes as much as two weeks. In winter time it could take over a month.

Tesla has some real problems now though. Mercedes unveiled the E-Cell back in 2009 and now it looks poised to actually come to market. It's three times the cost of the Tesla but it is built like a Merc (which is way better) and is produced by an actual CAR company.
It will have support that a Tesla owner could never hope to get so the wealthy folks (who are the target of these types of cars) will flock to the E-Cell leaving Tesla to whither and die.

Detroit 2011: Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG E-Cell is the color of electric hotness

It takes about a week to recharge an EV with a solar set up. Sometimes as much as two weeks. In winter time it could take over a month.
Bullshit!

A little tiny solar collector on the roof of a Prius will add 20-30 miles a day in electric mode. You can buy a solar/plug-in converted Prius for $25,000.

Solar Electrical Vehicles

...ranging from $50K-$80K (after the $7.5K gov rebate), isn't really for the middle class. Maybe some upper middle classers!

However, I think this is a great start on what will be the future (along with the Leaf, Volt and other electric cars).

320 miles is more than many cars get. Take a 13 gallon tank that get average 22 mpg = 286!

Take the normal drive might do 30-40 a day! At 30 miles you would be good for 10 days at 40 miles good for 8 days. At 50 your good for nearly a week. And for the long commuter of 100 miles a day, you have nearly 3 1/2 days!

The mileage would work for nearly EVERY America, however, that price won't work for many Americans. They need to find a way to get the price between the $40K-$50K range.

I am still excited about the car. I think it's a step in the right direction to get off the black crack!

Tesla Model S Boasts 320-Mile Range, One-Hour Recharge Time | Fox News

see that picture below?click on it.......................taken from my car this morning thats the Tesla 'factory' in Fremont Cali.

no where they got that factory? it was NUMI (new united motors), a cross venture between GM and Toyota until Toyota told GM to pound sand becasue they were tired of carrying them. Tesla got the place via gov. brokered title guarantee and transfer for a song. Nice huh?

I drive past it everyday to work.

Know what else I pass going north on 880?

the closed Solyndra Plants ( plural) that are approx. a mile south of Tesla it on 880.

wanna bet Tesla would be just as cold and dark as solyndra minus taxpayer money, to build expensive boutique automobiles for Upper class folks?...nice. nice and stupid.

not only that but why doesn't it hit folks, why in the flying hell would anyone manufacture in one of the most over regulated, expensive labor markets there is?

answer- because steven chu and the DOE doesn't give a shit, they will throw money at anything, becasue they are fools and borderline criminals to boot.

Attachments

• $tesla.jpg
    $tesla.jpg
    289.1 KB · Views: 70
Last edited:
Dream on.
Yes, you can be a dreamer and a doer too, if you will remove one word from your vocabulary: impossible.
-Robert Schuler

You haven't given up on alchemy yet?
Not a chance. :lol:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZUXuG8Q_I-I]Acoustic Alchemy - Playing For Time (live) - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=72ITVFiG-C8]Shoot The Loop ~ Acoustic Alchemy - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hKtHp8apkQA&feature=list_related&playnext=1&list=AVGxdCwVVULXe46VH9wOPiTKwwKxbJuyDc]Acoustic Alchemy - The Beautiful Game - YouTube[/ame]

Bullshit!

A little tiny solar collector on the roof of a Prius will add 20-30 miles a day in electric mode. You can buy a solar/plug-in converted Prius for $25,000.

You neglected to mention that the Prius is used and sold as is.

"We are now offering the Recycled Prius Program where we sell converted Solar Plug-In Prius cars for $25,000.00 (10% deposit required). Sold in as is condition."
Also the technology doesn't work for pure EV's (I called and asked them) though they plan on having something in the future that will work on a pure EV auto.

Bullshit!

"We are now offering the Recycled Prius Program where we sell converted Solar Plug-In Prius cars for $25,000.00 (10% deposit required). Sold in as is condition."
Also the technology doesn't work for pure EV's (I called and asked them) though they plan on having something in the future that will work on a pure EV auto.
The point was that a very small solar collector on the car roof could generate enough power for 20 to 30 miles a day, so a much larger array that is on the roof of a house could easily charge a car. Not only that, the car roof collector was nano technology which is less efficient than the silicon collectors usually mounted on the roof of a house.

Last edited:
Yes, you can be a dreamer and a doer too, if you will remove one word from your vocabulary: impossible.
-Robert Schuler

You haven't given up on alchemy yet?
Not a chance. :lol:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZUXuG8Q_I-I]Acoustic Alchemy - Playing For Time (live) - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=72ITVFiG-C8]Shoot The Loop ~ Acoustic Alchemy - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hKtHp8apkQA&feature=list_related&playnext=1&list=AVGxdCwVVULXe46VH9wOPiTKwwKxbJuyDc]Acoustic Alchemy - The Beautiful Game - YouTube[/ame]

Ohhh....that's not fair!

see that picture below?click on it.......................taken from my car this morning thats the Tesla 'factory' in Fremont Cali.

no where they got that factory? it was NUMI (new united motors), a cross venture between GM and Toyota until Toyota told GM to pound sand becasue they were tired of carrying them. Tesla got the place via gov. brokered title guarantee and transfer for a song. Nice huh?

I drive past it everyday to work.

Know what else I pass going north on 880?

the closed Solyndra Plants ( plural) that are approx. a mile south of Tesla it on 880.

wanna bet Tesla would be just as cold and dark as solyndra minus taxpayer money, to build expensive boutique automobiles for Upper class folks?...nice. nice and stupid.

not only that but why doesn't it hit folks, why in the flying hell would anyone manufacture in one of the most over regulated, expensive labor markets there is?

answer- because steven chu and the DOE doesn't give a shit, they will throw money at anything, becasue they are fools and borderline criminals to boot.

Very well stated, Trajan!

The Tesla electric car company is a joke. Shame on that sham company for using the name of the greatest inventor in the history of mankind.

Wanna bet that there were millions of dollars in payoffs and kickbacks to God-only-knows how many politicians and other sleazy characters?

Bullshit!

The point was that a very small solar collector on the car roof could generate enough power for 20 to 30 miles a day, so a much larger array that is on the roof of a house could easily charge a car. Not only that, the car roof collector was nano technology which is less efficient than the silicon collectors usually mounted on the roof of a house.

I find it interesting that they limit it to a hybrid. That tells me that the claim may not be up to snuff. If it is good for them, but I am suspicious based on what we know of solar cell technology at the present time.

Forum List

Back