Terrorists use WMDs in three separate attacks in Iraq

Little-Acorn

Gold Member
Jun 20, 2006
San Diego, CA
The three different kinds of weapons universally acknowledged to be Weapons of Mass Destruction are Biological weapons (germs, viruses etc.), chemical weapons (poison gas deliberately released in the atmosphere, liquids put in food or water supplies, etc.), and nuclear weapons.

One of them has now been used deliberately as an offensive weapon In Iraq, in three different locations today. Chlorine gas, which was specifically outlawed after its use in World War I, has now seen a rebirth. It has also been used several other times by terrorists in Iraq in the last month or two.

The mainstream media, which was strident in its denunciations of the Bush administration for their insistence that Iraqi WMDs could fall into the hands of terrorists and be used against our toops and allies, have suddenly become extremely quiet, not mentioning the term "weapon of mass destruction" in any of their stories that I have seen about these attacks.

One wonders what excuse they will use now.

1.) "These gas attacks don't count as WMDs because the tanks they were in weren't specifically designed to be weapons."

2.) "They don't count because there's no proof Saddam had these particular tanks of chlorine before the invasion."

3.) "They don't count because there's no proof Saddam had these particular tanks of chlorine after the invasion."

4.) "Gee, I guess we were wrong about the danger of WMDs in Iraq. We take back all the things we said about Bush, and acknowledge he was right after all."

5.) "Chlorine has peaceful uses as well as wartime uses, so these don't count as WMDs."

...plus a host of even screwier ones. Which of the above excuses would you guess WON'T be used by the MSM and other leftists?

----------------------------------------

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,259323,00.html

Insurgent Chlorine Attacks Injure 350 Iraqi Sunnis

Saturday, March 17, 2007

BAGHDAD — Three suicide bombers driving trucks rigged with tanks of toxic chlorine gas struck targets in heavily Sunni Anbar province Friday, including the office of a Sunni tribal leader opposed to Al Qaeda.

The attacks killed at least two people and sickened 350 Iraqi civilians and six U.S. troops, the U.S. military said Saturday.

There is a mounting power struggle between insurgents and the growing number of Sunnis who oppose them in Anbar, the center of the Sunni insurgency, which stretches from Baghdad to the borders with Syria, Saudi Arabia and Jordan.

The Anbar assaults came three days after Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki, a Shiite, traveled there to reach out to Sunni clan chiefs in a bid to undermine tribal support for the insurgency.

The violence started about 4:11 p.m. Friday when a driver detonated explosives in a pickup truck carrying chlorine at a checkpoint northeast of the provincial capital of Ramadi, wounding one U.S. service member and one Iraqi civilian, the military said in a statement.

Two hours later a dump truck exploded in Amiriyah, south of Fallujah, killing two policemen and leaving as many as 100 residents with symptoms of chlorine exposure, ranging from minor skin and lung irritations to vomiting, the military said.

Iraqi authorities said at least six people were killed and dozens wounded when the truck blew up in a line of cars waiting at a checkpoint. The U.S. did not confirm the Iraqi report.

Ahmed Kuhdier, a 32-year-old taxi driver, said the blast sent up a plume of white smoke that turned black and blue.

"Minutes later, we started to smell nasty smells. I saw people coming form the explosion site and they were coughing and having trouble breathing," he said.

Another suicide bomber detonated a dump truck containing a 200-gallon chlorine tank rigged with explosives at 7:13 p.m. three miles south of Fallujah in the Albu Issa tribal region, the military said.

U.S. forces found about 250 local civilians, including seven children, suffering from symptoms related to chlorine exposure, according to the statement. Police said the bomb was targeting the reception center of a tribal sheik who has denounced Al Qaeda.

Four other bombings have released chlorine gas since Jan. 28, when a homicide bomber driving a dump truck filled with explosives and a chlorine tank struck a quick-reaction force and Iraqi police in Ramadi, killing 16 people.

Which of the above excuses would you guess WON'T be used by the MSM and other leftists?

4.) "Gee, I guess we were wrong about the danger of WMDs in Iraq. We take back all the things we said about Bush, and acknowledge he was right after all."

LOL!!!! Swimming pool cleaner is now a WMD. Hey wait a miniute ...... I HAVE CHORINE.......oh oh.....now I'm in trouble.

LOL!!!! Swimming pool cleaner is now a WMD. Hey wait a miniute ...... I HAVE CHORINE.......oh oh.....now I'm in trouble.

Does your watch glow in the dark? Or the sights on your pistol? They may have tritium in them. But since a peaceful use of a material disqualifies it from WMD status, I guess we need to take 5-megaton nuclear fusion bombs off the list.

We have one attempted use of Excuse #5 so far. Any other whackos want to try them?

:lol:

And this makes it less of a weapon how exactly?

It doesn't. What it does do however is demonstrate the ease with which Chlorine can be created and put to use. That solidifies the idea that whoever did this was operating independently of Saddam or his party. In all probablity the gas used in these attacks was created special purpose for these attacks. I find it highly unlikely that reality could be otherwise. So far the only WMDs discovered from the Saddam era were 10-15 years old and useless. Where would Saddam keep these? In addition, as the OP pointed out, Chlorine hasn't been used since WWI. Why? Because there are many far more effective forms of chemical WMDs out there. Why on Earth would Saddam stockpile an obsolete and relatively ineffective chemical WMD stockpile? That just doesn't make sense. The simple fact of the matter remains that these weapons where probably created recently by terrorists using pool cleaner and other forms of common household products. The baseness of the attacks as well as the simple Chlorine use discredit a more sinister conspiracy.

I wonder if any country that has tanks of chlorine is considered to be in possession of stockpiles of weapons of mass destruction?

what about private concerns right here in our own country? should we not be alarmed?

google "chlorine gas suppliers united states".... pretty extensive list of hits

Chlorine hasn't been used since WWI. Why? Because there are many far more effective forms of chemical WMDs out there. Why on Earth would Saddam stockpile an obsolete and relatively ineffective chemical WMD stockpile?
My 94 year-old grandmother could fill a tank with Chlorine gas if she wanted to.

Looks like the usual moonbats are doing the usual shucking and jiving, trying to avoid discussion of the fact that terrorists are now using WMDs against us and our allies in Iraq. Anybody have any reason to think that, if/when they start attacking us in the U.S. (likely less than a year after we cut and run), they won't use them here, too?

I'm still waiting for one of the moonies to volunteer for the job of going to the relatives of the dead and injured in these attacks, and explaining that the weapons that struck down their loved ones "don't count" somehow.

Can these people get any sicker or more detached from reality?

We voted a majority of them into both houses of Congress last November. We're starting to get the government we deserve.

Looks like the usual moonbats are doing the usual shucking and jiving, trying to avoid discussion of the fact that terrorists are now using WMDs against us and our allies in Iraq. Anybody have any reason to think that, if/when they start attacking us in the U.S. (likely less than a year after we cut and run), they won't use them here, too?

I'm still waiting for one of the moonies to volunteer for the job of going to the relatives of the dead and injured in these attacks, and explaining that the weapons that struck down their loved ones "don't count" somehow.

Can these people get any sicker or more detached from reality?

We voted a majority of them into both houses of Congress last November. We're starting to get the government we deserve.

tell me what tanks of chlorine that are available at any industrial gas supplier in America have to do with invading Iraq?

tell me what tanks of chlorine that are available at any industrial gas supplier in America have to do with invading Iraq?

Looks like the usual moonbats are doing the usual shucking and jiving, trying to avoid discussion of the fact that terrorists are now using WMDs against us and our allies in Iraq.

...the fact that terrorists are now using WMDs against us and our allies in Iraq.

Yo'ure right. They are. Which is all the more reason we should get out of there as soon as possible. Because, I'm pretty sure they couldn't drive those trucks across the Atlantic.

Yo'ure right. They are. Which is all the more reason we should get out of there as soon as possible. Because, I'm pretty sure they couldn't drive those trucks across the Atlantic.

Yeah, because it would be sooo difficult to just start making them in the US.

Looks like the usual moonbats are doing the usual shucking and jiving, trying to avoid discussion of the fact that terrorists are now using WMDs against us and our allies in Iraq.

I have no quarrel with that fact...what does it have to do with why we are there in the first place? Are you suggesting that the tanks of chlorine gas were the missing stockpiles of WMD's all along?

Yeah, because it would be sooo difficult to just start making them in the US.

which is why a half a trillion dollars would be much better spent making AMERICA safer than flushing it down the shitter in Iraq in a bungled attempt to make THEM safer.

I have no quarrel with that fact...what does it have to do with why we are there in the first place? Are you suggesting that the tanks of chlorine gas were the missing stockpiles of WMD's all along?

This guy simply wants to continue to confuse the easily confused about WMD in Iraq. Hannity's been doing it for years now... and guys like this just keep pushing an agenda that even the President has acknowledged was wrong.

That's right, reductionist rhythm chanting, because why think for yourself when you could have somebody do it for you.

Why not answer the questions instead of resorting to petty personal attacks?

It doesn't. What it does do however is demonstrate the ease with which Chlorine can be created and put to use. That solidifies the idea that whoever did this was operating independently of Saddam or his party. In all probablity the gas used in these attacks was created special purpose for these attacks. I find it highly unlikely that reality could be otherwise. So far the only WMDs discovered from the Saddam era were 10-15 years old and useless. Where would Saddam keep these? In addition, as the OP pointed out, Chlorine hasn't been used since WWI. Why? Because there are many far more effective forms of chemical WMDs out there. Why on Earth would Saddam stockpile an obsolete and relatively ineffective chemical WMD stockpile? That just doesn't make sense. The simple fact of the matter remains that these weapons where probably created recently by terrorists using pool cleaner and other forms of common household products. The baseness of the attacks as well as the simple Chlorine use discredit a more sinister conspiracy.

I agree with your opinion that the use of chlorine as a WMD is an after-the-fact, independent of Saddam act, for many of the reasons you have stated.

My question was to your seeming dismissal of chlorine gas as a WMD.

I agree with your opinion that the use of chlorine as a WMD is an after-the-fact, independent of Saddam act, for many of the reasons you have stated.

My question was to your seeming dismissal of chlorine gas as a WMD.

Oh, no, chlorine gas is a WMD. I've haven't said otherwise
Mr.Conley said:
Why on Earth would Saddam stockpile an obsolete and relatively ineffective chemical WMD stockpile?
They are WMDs; they just aren't the WMDs we were looking for. These weapons were created as a response to our actions in Iraq. Without the US destabilization of Iraq, which you have commented upon in another thread, I highly doubt these terrorists would have the motivation (though admittedly, as in this country, they would still have the werewithall) to build and deploy these weapons.

Forum List

Back