Tennessee to make it more difficult to protest by making obstructing highway a felony gives immunity to drivers who mistakenly kill folks in the way

protesting is a sacred right. this is the wrong choice, my friends

Fuckin' tRumplings have lost all touch with reality. Legalizing murder for protesting? In another thread they're telling me the saudi prince's murder of a journalist is just capital punishment, and they're still cheering on that murdering little shit rittenhouse.

They're all insane.

How is accidentally hitting and killing some douchebag who's trying to block traffic "murder"?
How long do you think it will be after this passes that someone is killed "accidentally"?

Hey, can't happen if idiots don't try blocking traffic, right?
I predict less than 6 months before someone's defense is "I thought he was going to...".

Meh, maybe.

Then again, if protestors stay out of the street, there won't be a problem...
Would you rather your front yard?
Sidewalks like normal people

Fuckin' tRumplings have lost all touch with reality. Legalizing murder for protesting? In another thread they're telling me the saudi prince's murder of a journalist is just capital punishment, and they're still cheering on that murdering little shit rittenhouse.

They're all insane.

How is accidentally hitting and killing some douchebag who's trying to block traffic "murder"?
How long do you think it will be after this passes that someone is killed "accidentally"?

I predict less than 6 months before someone's defense is "I thought he was going to...".
I would never want to hit and kill anyone.

They're all insane.

Who cares? Didn't their mamas tell 'em to look both ways? (snicker)
Just champing at the bit for your chance to murder someone, aren't you.
Your words. Not mine. But I will not shed any tears. Like that idiot Heather Hyer. If one goes to a gang fight ,they just MIGHT get hurt.

They're all insane.

Meh, maybe.

Then again, if protestors stay out of the street, there won't be a problem...
Would you rather your front yard?

That'd be trespassing, and that comes with a whole different set of ramifications...

Being free to travel to your home, work, or store is a scared right. People violating the law, inferring on the rights of other citizens, even if they call themselves "protesters" isn't right. If you want to protest, go for it, but there are certainly ways to do it with impacting other citizens ability to drive home.

Moreover if you are an idiot, that puts yourself in harms way, ie in traffic, then it's on you.....you shouldn't be able to vioate the law, then attempt to sue the citizen who was simply trying to get home from work.

Blocking the road is a threat of violence. The people stuck in traffic are being held there by the threat of violence.

Blocking the road is a threat of violence. The people stuck in traffic are being held there by the threat of violence.
essentially being abducted..which is a serious felony

If you want to march in TN, there are legal ways to do it.....https://www.nashville.gov/News-Media/News-Article/ID/3549/How-to-Legally-Conduct-a-Parade-March-Protest-or-Special-Event-in-Nashville

Protesting maybe a sacred right but don't block traffic
Your parents even taught you to never play in the streets.
Excellent move in Tennessee by the state Legislators
Ya and your dumb fuckibg ass does not see how this can go completely sideways huh. Crazy unintended consequences available from this brain child. I can tell you this if this passes I will not drive in that state ever. Say bye bye to tourism dollars.

Obstructing traffic and especially emergency service vehicles should be a felony.
The right to protest does not give BLM simps the right to turn the lives of others upside down.

Agreed. How many people in those traffic jams were trying to get to pick up children at day care? How many were elderly and had to get home to take their medicine? How many we trying to get to work so that they would not get fired? ect. ect ect.

Forum List

Back