Tennessee Republicans Pass Bill Requiring Women To Bury Or Cremate Their Aborted Fetuses

A bill passed by Republicans in Tennessee would force women who get abortions to either bury or cremate their aborted fetuses, and could leave them on the hook to pay for it if they don't follow certain guidelines.

The bill states that the woman's health care provider would have the primary financial responsibility for burying or cremating the fetus, although the woman could be on the hook for paying for the burial if she "chooses a burial location other than the one provided by the facility," reports WMC Action News 5.

Ok Tennessee women, time to start mailing all of your used Tampons to the Republicans in the legislature for burial with dignity.
Yet another example of the authoritarian right.

More government, bigger government at the expense of individual liberty.
Well, first of all, murder is a felony so lets start there before we confuse Republicans with bigger government. Are you snorting through a used tampon also???

No, first of all abortion isn't murder. That's your shit for brains formulation of it. Which makes you the best pro choice example that can be made.

If these Republicans want to pass these laws, they can pay for it.

It's interesting how republicans screamed like babies when Obamacare required everyone to have insurance or pay a fine. They screamed for years that the government has no business forcing anyone to buy anything.

Then turn around to force women to bury or cremated medical waste and pay for the whole thing.

So in the republican mind it's a crime to compel someone to have insurance but it's not a crime to compel someone to pay to bury or cremate medical waste.
No brainless....I don't care if you have insurance or not, but I don't want to pay for it if you do. And killing babies is murder and you should be thrown in jail if you do it, so perhaps this deters you from doing it. Simple enough for your tiny mind?

I'd like to know how Tennessee Goobers will enforce their new law. The women who make the decision to abort are entitled to anonymity.

It's a ridiculous law.

It says that a woman has to pay for the burial or cremation if they don't do it the way the clinic does it.

The thing is, no woman buries or cremates medical waste.

After the procedure is performed, the medical facility disposes of the medical waste.

The only way a woman is involved with the disposal is if the woman agrees to donate it for stem cells.

Beyond that, the woman has nothing to do with the disposal of that medical waste.

So this law does nothing beyond make a bunch of hateful men feel good.

I'd like to know how Tennessee Goobers will enforce their new law. The women who make the decision to abort are entitled to anonymity.

It's a ridiculous law.

It says that a woman has to pay for the burial or cremation if they don't do it the way the clinic does it.

After the procedure is performed, the medical facility disposes of the medical waste.

The only way a woman is involved with the disposal is if the woman agrees to donate it for stem cells.

Beyond that, the woman has nothing to do with the disposal of that medical waste.

Yup - It's an unenforceable law with no teeth. Republicans are really good at shiny object culture war stuff. ;)

• Disagree
Reactions: 007

It's a ridiculous law.

Yup - It's an unenforceable law with no teeth. Republicans are really good at shiny object culture war stuff. ;)

Yes and they sure do love their big government nanny.

I have an upcoming vacation. I had resolved a few years back to visit battlefields since I have only been to a few of them (Vicksburg, San Jacinto, Goliad, Gettysburg). One of the mock-ups I had put together had me going through Tennessee and Arkansas and seeing the historic civil war battlefields. Given this bullshit the South is producing in shocking amounts since the blob got booted, I am so happy that I'm once again going to Yosemite (not Yo-Semite as some calls it) and the Marin highlands. I'm sure they won't miss my $2-$3K I'll be spending this summer but I will feel a lot better about not supporting these backward states in the South.

Actually, I'm fairly certain they're overjoyed not to have to tolerate you. In fact, good luck finding any place to "gift" with your presence that considers ANY amount of money worth having to have you around.

Ok Tennessee women, time to start mailing all of your used Tampons to the Republicans in the legislature for burial with dignity.

WTF? Like many leftist "men", you seem thoroughly confused about how the female reproductive system works.

Probably explains a lot about why leftist men are so terrible in bed.
You don't give them much to work with. You have to pretend you're someone else when you're in the sack.

I don't give them anything to work with, Cornhole. Screwing leftists would be right up there with swimming in raw sewage, and unlike you, I'm not desperate for someone to acknowledge my existence.

Thank you for this interesting insight into your pathetic life, but please don't share again.

My guess would be that the crackers want women to feel as bad as they possibly can about their deed.

And the lack of intelligence this exhibits shows us why you have to rely on guessing.

But what can one expect from someone stupid enough to be a racist?

Great idea but it is unenforceable. The mothers will only say they donated the baby's bodies to science

You read a post by Skews, and then you posted as though he could ever possibly have said something true and accurate. I hope you feel suitably embarrassed, considering that - as usual - everything he said was useless and dishonest garbage.

And the lack of intelligence this exhibits shows us why you have to rely on guessing.

But what can one expect from someone stupid enough to be a racist?
My guess would be that in real life you're also an asshole.

Oh, gosh, the mouthbreathing racist hick doesn't like me. HOWEVER shall I live with my disappointment? I did SO want the good opinion of those beneath me on the evolutionary ladder. Please excuse me while I go cry about not being liked by someone I routinely spit on.

One would think the Tennessee legislature had more pressing issues to focus on...

Wow, it's almost like your personal opinions about what does and doesn't matter are just that: your personal opinions, and of no interest to anyone else.

One would think the Tennessee legislature had more pressing issues to focus on...
Deterrence of murder seems like a worthy cause......but not to DIms
Then they should stop beating around the bush and come right out and prohibit the practice with appropriate penalties for all involved.

Yeah, we'll get right on taking advice on what to do from the likes of you. Any moment now, it's sure to happen.

Wow, it's almost like your personal opinions about what does and doesn't matter are just that: your personal opinions, and of no interest to anyone else.

LOL

Than why respond to the post if it’s of “no interest to anyone else”?

:oops8:

Deterrence of murder seems like a worthy cause......but not to DIms
Then they should stop beating around the bush and come right out and prohibit the practice with appropriate penalties for all involved.
Dims will never allow that. Abortion is their method of birth control, no self responsibility needed.

Forum List

Back