Tennessee Republican Controlled Government Goes Dark. Don't Come!!!

White 6

Diamond Member
Staff member
Gold Supporting Member
Nov 10, 2019
The Tennessee Republican controlled Government has officially decided, not to post daily numbers of changed or effect for the state, reguarding the ongoing and critically accelerating Covid Pandemic in the State of Tennessee. It will now on post the numbers on Wednesdays and not for current week, but for last week, even then.

It is bad here in Tennessee. Really bad. As many of you are aware, I had Covid early in the pandemic, got over it, used precautions, got vaccinated (triple vaxxed as of early December). Hardly what you would describe as a Covid Coward, as I have just gone on with my life, including shopping, vacationing, shooting sports at ranges (indoor and outdoor), restaurants (very popular in Jackson as middle West Tennessee isn't exactly a tourist Mecca), just doing our thing. But it is bad here now. No, they aren't dropping dead in my next door neighbor's front yard and in their house again. But, it's bad. Bad enough our state government is too embarrassed to even say how bad. My daughter had at Christmas.

One of my twin sons (living 90 miles away) had it first week of January, but has gotten over it. My other son and his family all have it now, as of this week. I called my brother-in-law to let him know his nephew and his family were down, order not to come to work for the next 5 days and would have to pass a negative Covid test before being allow to return (both working for the largest healthcare provide in West Tennessee). He said his daughter has it, also. Then he called me back to say it he just found out it was their whole family, husband and 3 kids, with it, and she told him his other son had it, and that when he called to check on him, found out his entire family, wife and kids included were also down with it. We've not seen it like this, 5 families we know in 4 different counties all kin to us having it at about the same time. We are fine. We were out and about today. The only time we were masked, was when we were in a Covid house, delivering groceries to our son and his family 40 miles away, as they were too sick to get out, and we're expecting 4-8 inches of snow coming in. I don't know how bad it is across the state, as they aren't saying, not reporting, and I guess hoping nobody outside or inside the state knows. I was on the state site yesterday, looking at last week's numbers. It used to be a great site, clear, concise, easy access to the latest info on a one-page console with a clickable map, easy to navigate, easy access demographics, meant to inform the citizens. Not anymore. The whole site has changed since sometime in December. The only way I found out Tennessee was the leading state in per capita covid infection increase in the country was seeing it on CNN. Mums the word. Maybe nobody will notice. They used to be on the up and up, but made a change last year, firing the state head of epidemiology, when she planned to offer vaccines at high schools in the state. Oh, by the way, Madison County announced by text, two schools in Madison county would be shutting down effective today through at least some day next week, due to spike in Covid infections in the schools.

All I can say is DON'T COME TO TENNESSEE. IF you don't know the layout of the counties and county names, you won't have much access to public healthcare pandemic information, and you will have to depend on the county websites to know the situation. You don't know what you are driving into. Don't think about coming to start a business, as the state does not support information to allow you to evaluate public health considerations on an ongoing basis. This is how the Republican controlled government of the State of Tennessee wants it or maybe it is so bad, they no longer have the personnel to post it, due to pandemic employee outages. I don't know. This is what it is like when a state decides to go dark, suppressing information to the people of a state and to the rest of the country. It is a Republican state, so we'll leave you alone, but if you use information to manage your life, you are on your own, now baby. Don't come and if you aren't tied down, you might be considering a place to go as their are a lot of states out there, besides Tennessee, the Florida of the mid-south. I may have voted Republican for Governor last time, but if we are going to be in an ongoing pandemic and the state wishes to keep it on the QT, I will have to evaluate again before making the same decision next time.

The Tennessee Republican controlled Government has officially decided, not to post daily numbers of changed or effect for the state, reguarding the ongoing and critically accelerating Covid Pandemic in the State of Tennessee. It will now on post the numbers on Wednesdays and not for current week, but for last week, even then.

It is bad here in Tennessee. Really bad. As many of you are aware, I had Covid early in the pandemic, got over it, used precautions, got vaccinated (triple vaxxed as of early December). Hardly what you would describe as a Covid Coward, as I have just gone on with my life, including shopping, vacationing, shooting sports at ranges (indoor and outdoor), restaurants (very popular in Jackson as middle West Tennessee isn't exactly a tourist Mecca), just doing our thing. But it is bad here now. No, they aren't dropping dead in my next door neighbor's front yard and in their house again. But, it's bad. Bad enough our state government is too embarrassed to even say how bad. My daughter had at Christmas.

One of my twin sons (living 90 miles away) had it first week of January, but has gotten over it. My other son and his family all have it now, as of this week. I called my brother-in-law to let him know his nephew and his family were down, order not to come to work for the next 5 days and would have to pass a negative Covid test before being allow to return (both working for the largest healthcare provide in West Tennessee). He said his daughter has it, also. Then he called me back to say it he just found out it was their whole family, husband and 3 kids, with it, and she told him his other son had it, and that when he called to check on him, found out his entire family, wife and kids included were also down with it. We've not seen it like this, 5 families we know in 4 different counties all kin to us having it at about the same time. We are fine. We were out and about today. The only time we were masked, was when we were in a Covid house, delivering groceries to our son and his family 40 miles away, as they were too sick to get out, and we're expecting 4-8 inches of snow coming in. I don't know how bad it is across the state, as they aren't saying, not reporting, and I guess hoping nobody outside or inside the state knows. I was on the state site yesterday, looking at last week's numbers. It used to be a great site, clear, concise, easy access to the latest info on a one-page console with a clickable map, easy to navigate, easy access demographics, meant to inform the citizens. Not anymore. The whole site has changed since sometime in December. The only way I found out Tennessee was the leading state in per capita covid infection increase in the country was seeing it on CNN. Mums the word. Maybe nobody will notice. They used to be on the up and up, but made a change last year, firing the state head of epidemiology, when she planned to offer vaccines at high schools in the state. Oh, by the way, Madison County announced by text, two schools in Madison county would be shutting down effective today through at least some day next week, due to spike in Covid infections in the schools.

All I can say is DON'T COME TO TENNESSEE. IF you don't know the layout of the counties and county names, you won't have much access to public healthcare pandemic information, and you will have to depend on the county websites to know the situation. You don't know what you are driving into. Don't think about coming to start a business, as the state does not support information to allow you to evaluate public health considerations on an ongoing basis. This is how the Republican controlled government of the State of Tennessee wants it or maybe it is so bad, they no longer have the personnel to post it, due to pandemic employee outages. I don't know. This is what it is like when a state decides to go dark, suppressing information to the people of a state and to the rest of the country. It is a Republican state, so we'll leave you alone, but if you use information to manage your life, you are on your own, now baby. Don't come and if you aren't tied down, you might be considering a place to go as their are a lot of states out there, besides Tennessee, the Florida of the mid-south. I may have voted Republican for Governor last time, but if we are going to be in an ongoing pandemic and the state wishes to keep it on the QT, I will have to evaluate again before making the same decision next time.
Good luck and stay healthy.

Tennessee would be a great place to retire to, many of my co-workers have done that, but Nashville has priced out most people, and being in the boonies is not appealing to me. I love your property taxes there, but living under that kind of government, and listening to the shrieking insanity of Marsha Blackburn would be too much. Beautiful state though, it really is.

No biggie. It's ok because Fauci has already said that "everybody will get COVID" anyway.

Deal with it. Embrace the science.

Dr. Fauci says ‘just about everybody’ will get COVID-19

Its sounds like you and your family are not dying or even getting seriously ill

so what are you afraid of?

Tennessee would be a great place to retire to, many of my co-workers have done that, but Nashville has priced out most people, and being in the boonies is not appealing to me. I love your property taxes there, but living under that kind of government, and listening to the shrieking insanity of Marsha Blackburn would be too much. Beautiful state though, it really is.
I'm not planning to move, but I am established and live in the "boonies" part of the state. Yes, Marsha is at times an embarrassment, but only when she opens her mouth. I voted for the Republican Governor, but never Marsha, and won't.

I'm not planning to move, but I am established and live in the "boonies" part of the state. Yes, Marsha is at times an embarrassment, but only when she opens her mouth. I voted for the Republican Governor, but never Marsha, and won't.

You voted for the Republican Governor?

I knowed there was sumptin' wrong with you, son. :auiqs.jpg:

No biggie. It's ok because Fauci has already said that "everybody will get COVID" anyway.

Deal with it. Embrace the science.

Dr. Fauci says ‘just about everybody’ will get COVID-19
Oh, yes. I will deal with it. I just think it is political governmental cowardice in Tennessee state government and as a long time resident don't approve. PJ said I'm really just a Kentuckian (born and raised) but smart enough to avoid a state income tax.

You voted for the Republican Governor?

I knowed there was sumptin' wrong with you, son. :auiqs.jpg:
Aw, come on, man. How was I to know? He's mostly done fine, until allowing this (or mandating this), making him Tennessee's head coward.

What are you fascists worried about, you all have been triple jabbed(have you been boosted?), if you have received your mandatory Biden Booster's, you are now totally super-duper protected from Trump and Americans who voted for him, you are bullet proof, the combination of your obedience mask, and at least three mRNA jabs has rendered you immune from death, though you might wish to insist everyone you come in contact with sprays themselves with "Lysol" from head to foot, just in case! Best of all, 90-days after you obtain the Biden Booster, you'll need a fourth "err" I mean you can receive a fourth, and remember the obedience masks, wear them always, even to bed! :banana:

Stay in your blue shithole, please. Forever.

Oh, yes. I will deal with it. I just think it is political governmental cowardice in Tennessee state government and as a long time resident don't approve. PJ said I'm really just a Kentuckian (born and raised) but smart enough to avoid a state income tax.

No, those Republicans are right. Why should the state of Tennessee take part in the daily COVID hysteria? THis isn't May of 2020: The facts are known, the high death count from the original pandemic had far more to do with than the just the virus itself. The way they dealt with COVID-infected patients in hospitals had much to do with the death rate, and death rate was greatly exaggerated. The methods they used to treat COVID patients did more harm than it did good. At this point, the subsequent variants of COVID are nothing more than a four or five day case of the flu.

If you look at the statistics, the highest COVID death rate occurs only in the most populated areas, such as Shelby County.

Last edited:
Its sounds like you and your family are not dying or even getting seriously ill

so what are you afraid of?
Not afraid, just like to be informed and have access to what my government knows, but has decided I and the rest of our citizens are unworthy and not entitled to know on a daily basis, even though we all know they are still tracking, as the counties are still tracking and reporting. I like being informed or at least having access. There is nothing quite like the thrill of law weeks news, today, due to state censorship, eh?

I'm sorry for your illness, your sons' bout with the disease, and the lovely state of Tennessee that is struggling with covid-10, White 6. Sounds like thetwins and your daughter drew the short stick of the infection, but at least they're still alive.. Prayers up that you have no long term bad effects, and that you and your family members plus everyone in Tennessee recuperates. My late husband and I drove through your lovely state a few years ago. We saw a lot of beautiful, natural areas as we drove through high places and small towns. Tennessee will be in my vespers this evening.:hands:

Last edited:
No, those Republicans are right. Why should the state of Tennessee take part in the daily COVID hysteria? THis isn't May of 2020: The facts are known, the high death count from the original pandemic had far more to do with than the just the virus itself. The way they dealt with COVID-infected patients in hospitals had much to do with the death rate, and death rate was greatly exaggerated. The methods they used to treat COVID patients did more harm than it did good. At this point, the subsequent variants of COVID are nothing more than a four or five day case of the flu.

If you look at the statistics, the highest COVID death rate occurs only in the most populated areas, such as Shelby County.
Up until December, we were doing what I expected, as the 15 largest population state we range around the 15th in infections and in Covid Deaths. About the time they quit daily reporting, we got up to 12th. I look at it as withholding public records, previously maintained open to the public taxpayers. You wouldn't believe the shit, I and other military have withheld from public knowledge, but that's military. Public health should not be a matter of state secrecy for political purpose in an informed population.

I'm sorry for your illness, your sons' bout with the disease, and the lovely state of Tennessee that is struggling with covid-10, White 6. Sounds like thetwins and your daughter drew the short stick of the infection, but at least they're still alive.. Prayers up that you have no long term bad effects, and that you and your family members plus everyone in Tennessee recuperates. My husband and I drove through your lovely state a few years ago. We saw a lot of beautiful, natural areas as we drove through high places and small towns. Tennessee will be in my vespers this evening.:hands:
I thank you. I expect my kids and their families, as well as the families of Brother-in-law will be fine. His brother was the only family member to end up on a ventilator (months ago) and he survived, also, and this go around we are talking about young, usually healthy people. Thanks for the thoughts and prayers, always appreciated.

I expect you are correct. I think Shelby, Davidson and Knox counties lead, back in December. They took down the page that showed that as tabular updated data when they changed the website, so I don't know. We can just guess, if we don't want to take the time to look up all 95 counties.

Forum List

Back