Tennesee law maker wants School Dress code for parents...

justoffal

Diamond Member
Jun 29, 2013
Tennessee state lawmaker proposes bill to make parents follow a dress code at schools

Man....I couldn't agree more. While the state or commonwealth has some directly legislated authority over what your kids can and cannot wear to school....who looks after the good or bad manners of the parents that enter the place...OH and can I add Teachers also?

My kids are long ago grown and gone but we are raising a grandson right now. I have been appalled on more than one occasion seeing so called Moms and Dads entering the Junior high next to being bare ass, or wearing a shirt with a huge vulgarity on it like a giant middle finger or a four letter word in bold red print.

I'm going to go beyond and say that I have seen teachers show up to the place dressed in a way that would cause me to throw them out of my house. Male teachers ( some very obviously gay ) with the european style crotch tights and female teachers with painted on soft denim that might as well be transparent. Come on folks! These are teenagers we're talking about here.....why the hell should they have to stare at a teacher's genitals for 45 minutes?

I applaud this legislator's initiative.....but god help him....even though he's a black man...
when it comes to the application of this rule. Rapper gear and gang style dress is prevalent in the South among the black demographic....I can already foresee the race card getting pulled out on this one. To be fair I suppose the confederate colors are also
popular in the South and may, depending on how they are displayed...be a reason for a call to social division and tension......

It's already a given that MAGA hats are not gong to be allowed....hey I wonder if that's what this is all about....just MAGA hats.....

In any case as this moves forward we are sure to hear from groups who feel as though the code is being unevenly applied. So far this guy seems genuine....but I'm watching.

JO

Last edited:
Could be another Harper Valley PTA. : )

Actually, if parents would only teach their children about God and the purpose of life, morals and values, that would be far superior to anything else and all these other peripheral outcomes might take care of themselves.

99% of all teens I know are only looking at their phones, not crotches...I know I have a teen son and other kids up to 35 years of age and the thirty five stares at a phone also.. No crotches, gheesh you are obsessed with human body parts and clothing...Must be that religious dogma that makes you feel guilty for taking a crap...

Tennessee state lawmaker proposes bill to make parents follow a dress code at schools

Man....I couldn't agree more. While the state or commonwealth has some directly legislated authority over what your kids can and cannot wear to school....who looks after the good or bad manners of the parents that enter the place...OH and can I add Teachers also?

My kids are long ago grown and gone but we are raising a grandson right now. I have been appalled on more than one occasion seeing so called Moms and Dads entering the Junior high next to being bare ass, or wearing a shirt with a huge vulgarity on it like a giant middle finger or a four letter word in bold red print.

I'm going to go beyond and say that I have seen teachers show up to the place dressed in a way that would cause me to throw them out of my house. Male teachers ( some very obviously gay ) with the european style crotch tights and female teachers with painted on soft denim that might as well be transparent. Come one folks! These are teenagers we're talking about here.....why the hell should they have to stare at a teacher's genitals for 45 minutes?

I applaud this legislator's initiative.....but god help him....even though he's a black man...
when it comes to the application of this rule. Rapper gear and gang style dress is prevalent in the South among the black demographic....I can already foresee the race card getting pulled out on this one. To be fair I suppose the confederate colors are also
popular in the South and may, depending on how they are displayed...be a reason for a call to social division and tension......

It's already a given that MAGA hats are not gong to be allowed....hey I wonder if that's what this is all about....just MAGA hats.....

In any case as this moves forward we are sure to hear from groups who feel as though the code is being unevenly applied. So far this guy seems genuine....but I'm watching.

JO

The suggestion that America is great or was ever great is what drives Democrats into a froth.

I'm going to go beyond and say that I have seen teachers show up to the place dressed in a way that would cause me to throw them out of my house. Male teachers ( some very obviously gay ) with the european style crotch tights and female teachers with painted on soft denim that might as well be transparent. Come one folks! These are teenagers we're talking about here.....why the hell should they have to stare at a teacher's genitals for 45 minutes?

JO

The suggestion that America is great or was ever great is what drives Democrats into a froth.
Do you have any clothes that were not in from fashion before the 1970's?

JO

JO

They are the product of the cooperative social usurpation sponsored by the black liberation theologists partnered with the American communist party of the 50's and 60's. Think Obama's real dad....Frank Marshall Davis.

Jo

Could be another Harper Valley PTA. : )

Actually, if parents would only teach their children about God and the purpose of life, morals and values, that would be far superior to anything else and all these other peripheral outcomes might take care of themselves.

Agreed

Jo

I'm going to go beyond and say that I have seen teachers show up to the place dressed in a way that would cause me to throw them out of my house. Male teachers ( some very obviously gay ) with the european style crotch tights and female teachers with painted on soft denim that might as well be transparent. Come on folks! These are teenagers we're talking about here.....why the hell should they have to stare at a teacher's genitals for 45 minutes?

JO

So, is this more government or less government?

JO

Yeah, I suspect this is a liberal and I have to go with this, as a conservative. Lawmakers have the right to oversee what students wear in order to be conducive to the learning environment. Same with admins and their teachers--it's their place of employment. But parents coming in to the building? Generally, no. We are a free people. We shouldn't be told what to wear coming in to gov't buildings--or at least, given as little guidance as possible from the gov't.

I agree with the OP that much of modern dress is horrid and parents should be sensitive. But if anything, the principal should take up the matter on a case-by-case basis. Not by making laws.

JO

Yeah, I suspect this is a liberal and I have to go with this, as a conservative. Lawmakers have the right to oversee what students wear in order to be conducive to the learning environment. Same with admins and their teachers--it's their place of employment. But parents coming in to the building? Generally, no. We are a free people. We shouldn't be told what to wear coming in to gov't buildings--or at least, given as little guidance as possible from the gov't.

I agree with the OP that much of modern dress is horrid and parents should be sensitive. But if anything, the principal should take up the matter on a case-by-case basis. Not by making laws.

An effort to ban MAGA HATS....

JO

JO

Sigh..... You're right of course.

Jo

Last edited:

Forum List

Back