Ten US Air Force officers investigated over drugs

I

Indofred

Yes, seriously.

After gambling cheat, General Michael Carey, ex senior military commander in charge of nuclear weapons, we find out American drug addicts control the bloody things.

BBC News - Ten US Air Force officers investigated over drugs

The US Air Force is now investigating 10 officers at six military bases for alleged illegal drug possession, service officials report.

Nine lieutenants and a captain at bases in the US and Britain have been implicated in the investigation.

Two nuclear launch control officers at Malmstrom Air Force Base in Montana are said to be involved in the probe.

Really, the security of American WMDs left in the hands of men who can't stop gambling and drug addicts.
What sort of military do you lot run?

Yes, seriously.

After gambling cheat, General Michael Carey, ex senior military commander in charge of nuclear weapons, we find out American drug addicts control the bloody things.

The US Air Force is now investigating 10 officers at six military bases for alleged illegal drug possession, service officials report.

Nine lieutenants and a captain at bases in the US and Britain have been implicated in the investigation.

Two nuclear launch control officers at Malmstrom Air Force Base in Montana are said to be involved in the probe.

Really, the security of American WMDs left in the hands of men who can't stop gambling and drug addicts.

Are you really from Indonesia?

Yes, seriously.

No, but I live there.
I'm perfectly happy for a mod to check my IP address and confirm that I live near Jakarta. He/she could quote this post and confirm my location.
However, what does that have to do with your drug and gambling addicts being in charge of American WMDs?

Yes, seriously.

No, but I live there.
I'm perfectly happy for a mod to check my IP address and confirm that I live near Jakarta. He/she could quote this post and confirm my location.
However, what does that have to do with your drug and gambling addicts being in charge of American WMDs?

10? In a military the size we have you are worried about 10 people that are low level officers that need a second officer AND national command authority to launch? Really?

How do you feel about Russia and the fact they had criminals in charge of their nukes? or no control? Or the Ukraine where unrest is growing?

Ahh but those are not the evil US so you don't care about them, mostly cause you don't care about this either and are just trying to stir up shit.

Yes, seriously.

No, but I live there.

I just wanted to confirm that you lived outside of America before I talked about how much indisputable ass our military kicks. There are drug addicts and gamblers in our military? Well there are terrorists, traitors, and foreign non-citizens making up a significant amount of the rest of the world's militaries. And none in ours. Scary thing is there might be some of them involved with nuclear weapons.

Are you going to bitch about them?

Last edited:
Yes, seriously.

Before getting into the specifics (or lack thereof) of this report, it's important to understand that beverage alcohol is an extremely debilitating drug even though we have not been conditioned to think of it as such -- and beverage alcohol is liberally dispensed in the enlisted and officers' clubs on all military bases and is sold in most Post Exchanges. So let's not allow the semantic component of drug war conditioning influence our interpretation of this report.

The fact is the report doesn't specify what kind of "drug" these officers were in possession of, or how much they were using, or when they used it. It might be they are among those individuals who have discovered the tranquilizing benefit of moderate marijuana use and were informed on by some Reefer Madness fanatic when they are doing nothing more insidious than self-medicating to relieve the stress of their high-tension assignment.

Until we know more about this situation it is self-defeating for us to draw any conclusions.

Where does it say these Air Force officers are addicted to drugs or gambling -- or anything? Can it be these men are involved with nothing more serious than some occasional marijuana, which is approximately as insidious as a few beers now and then. Can it be they bought an ounce, divided it, or a few joints, and were ratted on?

Don't draw conclusions based on conditioned semantics. Wait for more specifics.

Ah well, if the people in charge of nuclear weapons are just smoking the odd joint, that's okay.
Drrrr

Just 2 of the people under investigation worked at facilities that control nuclear weapons, and without knowing the exact nature of the "recreational drugs" being referenced I'd guess it was just weed.

Yet here we have drama queen claiming the people people in charge of America's nuclear weapons are drug addicts.

Just 2 of the people under investigation worked at facilities that control nuclear weapons, and without knowing the exact nature of the "recreational drugs" being referenced I'd guess it was just weed.

Yet here we have drama queen claiming the people people in charge of America's nuclear weapons are drug addicts.

It doesn't worry you that this investigation has found drug users in nuclear weapons facilities?
Scares the shit out of me.

Posters seem to find their drug use acceptable - that's very strange.

It doesn't worry you that this investigation has found drug users in nuclear weapons facilities?

First, unless you don't believe beverage alcohol is a drug, how do you feel about the fact that the vast majority of our military personnel are drug users?

If the drug the report is telling us about is marijuana, which it probably is, are you assuming that because someone possesses marijuana they are always incapacitated by it? Let me assure you that one can get nicely "toasted" on marijuana, go to sleep, and wake with absolutely no "hangover" effect.

So unless the drug the report is telling about is heroin, crack cocaine, methamphetamine, or something equally destructive, which I strongly doubt, don't allow the Reefer Madness propaganda influence your thinking.

Yes, seriously.

No, but I live there.

Of course no one in Indonesia would think of doing drugs or prostituting little children.

I suspect MOST personnel at nuclear weapon facilities are "drug users"...in that I'd bet more than half of them drink ALCOHOL!

I suspect MOST personnel at nuclear weapon facilities are "drug users"...in that I'd bet more than half of them drink ALCOHOL!
Well said.

It's interesting how many otherwise intelligent and sensible Americans have been so effectively brainwashed by drug war propaganda they cannot accept that beverage alcohol is not only a drug but one of the worst, nor will they believe that marijuana is relatively benign and really doesn't belong in the same category with such dangerous drugs as alcohol.

Hardly anyone finds their drug use acceptable. As for 2 officers that are LT's or Captains, again they can not launch shit. They have no solo access to any nuclear device.

Once again for the slow stupid and ignorant ( that would be you) First they would need National Command authorization, meaning the President, and then they would need a second officer to activate the launch.

As for access, as soon as they were identified their clearance would be pulled.

Well said.

It's interesting how many otherwise intelligent and sensible Americans have been so effectively brainwashed by drug war propaganda they cannot accept that beverage alcohol is not only a drug but one of the worst, nor will they believe that marijuana is relatively benign and really doesn't belong in the same category with such dangerous drugs as alcohol.

Ohh look our local drug idiot.

Well said.

Ah, the silly arguments are here.
As for the pop,
Nuking-under-the-Influence: Booze, Drugs and Atomic Power. Category: Page One from The Berkeley Daily Planet

A 2011 NRC survey revealed that more than 8 percent of employees orderedto report to the medical station "for cause," subsequently tested positive for banned substances. This survey took notice of a "class" difference. Among employees of the plant owners, in more than half the cases, alcohol was the leading cause for action. Among the ranks of the employees of vendors and contract workers, however, more than half of the infractions were attributed to marijuana.

Now to, "it's only weed".
Another really silly argument. Weed may normally be non addictive but it knacker your ability to think properly.

Marijuana - Marijuana Use and Effects of Marijuana

Other short-term psychological effects of pot include:

Distorted sense of time
Paranoia
Magical or "random" thinking
Short-term memory loss
Anxiety and depression
These psychological signs of using pot also generally ease after a few hours. But residual effects can last for days.

I good list of things you don't need in someone who handles nuclear weapons.
The very fact this investigation is growing and is world wide is rather worrying.
Now, consider this; if drug use has been found in nuclear weapons facilities, who else if using the stuff and what damage can they do?

[...]

Another really silly argument. Weed may normally be non addictive but it knacker your ability to think properly.

[...]
I don't know what you mean by "knacker," nor do I agree that marijuana affects one's ability to think "properly" because I don't know what you mean by "proper" thinking. However, marijuana does produce a temporary state of profoundly euphoric tranquility, which does indeed affect one's motor reflexes, thereby temporarily limiting the ability to efficiently perform certain tasks. So it logically follows that one should not use marijuana (or drink alcohol) within the same time frame as demanding tasks must be performed. That is simple common sense reasoning and doesn't call for an issue being made of it.

Last edited:
[...]

[...]
I don't know what you mean by "knacker," nor do I agree that marijuana affects one's ability to think "properly" because I don't know what you mean by "proper" thinking. However, marijuana does produce a temporary state of profoundly euphoric tranquility, which does indeed affect one's motor reflexes, therefore limiting the ability to efficiently perform certain tasks. So it logically follows that one should not use marijuana (or drink alcohol) within the same time frame as demanding tasks must be performed. That is simple common sense reasoning and doesn't call for an issue being made of it.

Logic and common sense don't always apply to drug users.
Weak minded idiots that have to use drugs to reach a state of pleasure are, by nature, more likely to be idiots.

Forum List

Back