Ten nurses suspended after refusing to care for Covid-19 patients without masks

Tommy Tainant

Diamond Member
Jan 20, 2016
Y Cae Ras

A group of ten nurses have been suspended by the hospital where they work because they refused to care for coronavirus without being given N95 masks.

The nurses at Providence Saint John’s Health Center in Santa Monica, California reportedly banded together in protest after administrators at the hospital said N95 masks – which are known to help protect against coronavirus infection – were not necessary and did not provide them.

One of the nurses, Mike Gulick, said he had been careful not to bring coronavirus home to his wife and two-year-old daughter. He stopped by a hotel after work just to take a shower before arriving home. He washed his clothes in disinfectant and washed his hands religiously – then a nurse in Gulick’s ward tested positive for Covid-19.

What an awful situation to be in. I am in sympathy with the nurses. They are not paid to risk their own lives or that of their family.

A group of ten nurses have been suspended by the hospital where they work because they refused to care for coronavirus without being given N95 masks.

The nurses at Providence Saint John’s Health Center in Santa Monica, California reportedly banded together in protest after administrators at the hospital said N95 masks – which are known to help protect against coronavirus infection – were not necessary and did not provide them.

One of the nurses, Mike Gulick, said he had been careful not to bring coronavirus home to his wife and two-year-old daughter. He stopped by a hotel after work just to take a shower before arriving home. He washed his clothes in disinfectant and washed his hands religiously – then a nurse in Gulick’s ward tested positive for Covid-19.

What an awful situation to be in. I am in sympathy with the nurses. They are not paid to risk their own lives or that of their family.
Well, California is run by Democrats, and is chocked full of fruits and nuts...

Now we hear that they didn't think nurses caring for Covid 19 patients needed masks!!!

What did you expect???

Nurses sometimes die during pestilences, it comes with the territory. It certainly is unfortunate when they do, but dozens died in Philadelphia in 1918 caring for patients.

No one forces anyone to take this profession, but there are firefighters who die in the flames and police officers who die in gun fights.

Sucks for them... Sucks for the patients. Sucks for the hospital. They are lucky they weren't fired.

Politicians in the US are too busy passing massive stimulus packages worth trillions that go to such places as Planned Parenthood to keep killing babies than they are using a small percentage of that just to provide PPE for the country and hospitals so that people can be empowered to continue with their lives for a virus that is going nowhere.

Sucks for them... Sucks for the patients. Sucks for the hospital. They are lucky they weren't fired.
Why should they be fired ? Likely they saved patients lives by not spreading the virus and killing the patients. Probably saved the hospital from a class action as well.

Why should they be fired ? Likely they saved patients lives by not spreading the virus and killing the patients. Probably saved the hospital from a class action as well.

So you say, but in the Land of the Free, when the corporate aristocracy say "Go!", the subjects are supposed to run right into the fire. Or else.

Last edited:

So, you say, but in the Land of the Free, when the corporate aristocracy say "Go!", the subjects are supposed to run right into the fire. Or else.
"Elf an saftee gone mad I tell ya"

The nurses who tended to the patients they refused to see are just as likely or not to spread the virus. They were lucky they were not fired.

So they were hired to care for patients, then they refused to care for the patients. They deserved to be suspended.

Hey, if people wanna be seen as a hero, they gotta do hero shit.

Personally, I never got into all of that hero worship narrative just because it's usually just Act 1 of the old BOHICA routine.

That does not even seem possible but the lawyers will be swarming if it is

So they were hired to care for patients, then they refused to care for the patients. They deserved to be suspended.
They can't care for anyone else, if they get infected, is the problem.

By caring for a covid patient without proper PPE, they disqualify themselves from caring for any of the other patients, who still, despite media hype, far outnumber the positive and suspected positive covid patients.

SOMEONE in authority decided that the risk of treating THESE patients without an N95 mask was tolerable. No one posting here has superior knowledge of the situation. It is likely that the PATIENTS were wearing masks, and that the nurses in question could have had GENERIC masks (not N95), thus minimizing any danger.

EVERYONE who goes through the process of entering into a medical profession assumes the risk that, from time to time, they will be exposed - wittingly or otherwise - to infectious diseases. It goes with the territory.

For such a person to say, "I refuse, because I might be infected," is bullshit. Fire them. It is equivalent to someone joining the Marines and then refusing to go any place where there is a chance of being shot at.

They were not hired to die on the job, these nurses will own part of this hospital soon

SOMEONE in authority decided that the risk of treating THESE patients without an N95 mask was tolerable. No one posting here has superior knowledge of the situation. It is likely that the PATIENTS were wearing masks, and that the nurses in question could have had GENERIC masks (not N95), thus minimizing any danger.

EVERYONE who goes through the process of entering into a medical profession assumes the risk that, from time to time, they will be exposed - wittingly or otherwise - to infectious diseases. It goes with the territory.

For such a person to say, "I refuse, because I might be infected," is bullshit. Fire them. It is equivalent to someone joining the Marines and then refusing to go any place where there is a chance of being shot at.
What was the name of that someone, the lawyers want to know. Mistreating nurses should be a felony as they are sacrificing so much at this point

Yeah. How about you'll be treated next by the nurses infected by coronavirus, all ten of them, because they were forced to work without proper protective equipment? Deal?

I really cannot recall ever meeting anyone as defective and repugnant as this one.

I can imagine what the officer gets after needlessly trying to send a bunch of marines into combat without their rifles. And he deserves every bit of it. Just as anyone who thinks of nurses as expendable deserves whatever fate assigns to him.

Last edited:

New Topics

Forum List

Back