Tell Me THIS Wasn’t an Organized Attack: Chicago Rioters Jammed Police Radios Confounding Cops

Rioters in Chicago were able to stymie the city’s police and loot with impunity because they jammed Police radios and prevented cops from organizing to oppose the rioting.

Chicago’s Mayor also said she feels as if the riots were instigated.

Lori Lightfoot demanded that federal officials look into the idea that outsiders are fomenting violence in the Windy City, and insisted that there is “strong evidence” that the riots were highly organized and not spontaneous protests.

“There is no doubt. This was an organized effort last night,” Lightfoot said. “There were clearly efforts to subvert the peaceful process and make it into something violent.”

BJ -even the POS mayor gets it -
How did they jam the radios? Sounds like BS to me.

It's really not that hard to do if you know what frequency they're using.
You just over power that frequency with your own signal.
Of course if the military steps in thats going to be far more difficult and the jamming can be traced back to it's source with the right equipment.
Seems to me they would have to have a pretty powerful transmitter and a big antenna which would be easy to find, I'd think. I tried to find out how many watts police dispatch radios use but google only shows bullshit. My radio i listen to police on here has 8 watts and I make sure to turn off the transmitting ability so I can't walk on them. Still with only 8 watts and no repeater I'm limited to a few miles at best. So that's why I'm skeptical.

As a HAM radio operator I think I should step in here.

Jamming the radio is not difficult if you know the frequency. That can be found with a frequency counter or even googling it most likely.

Your radio might put out 8 watts, but hook it to one of these and now it's putting out 1000. With a decent antenna on a roof you could jam every radio on that frequency for 50 miles in all directions.

That would be the "google" example.

Now most police radios are trunked which basically means scrambled. You won't be able to understand them but if you transmit on their frequency their signal can't get through either.

You linked to Texas. Here are the frequencies of the Chicago PD. If I could find it in 30 seconds so could they.

I can clearly hear our local sheriff.

Then either they are not trunked or you have an illegal radio. It's not legal to own a true police radio as it can be used to do what these people did.

You can own a scanner but not a radio.

Rioters in Chicago were able to stymie the city’s police and loot with impunity because they jammed Police radios and prevented cops from organizing to oppose the rioting.

Chicago’s Mayor also said she feels as if the riots were instigated.

Lori Lightfoot demanded that federal officials look into the idea that outsiders are fomenting violence in the Windy City, and insisted that there is “strong evidence” that the riots were highly organized and not spontaneous protests.

“There is no doubt. This was an organized effort last night,” Lightfoot said. “There were clearly efforts to subvert the peaceful process and make it into something violent.”

BJ -even the POS mayor gets it -
How did they jam the radios? Sounds like BS to me.

It's really not that hard to do if you know what frequency they're using.
You just over power that frequency with your own signal.
Of course if the military steps in thats going to be far more difficult and the jamming can be traced back to it's source with the right equipment.
Seems to me they would have to have a pretty powerful transmitter and a big antenna which would be easy to find, I'd think. I tried to find out how many watts police dispatch radios use but google only shows bullshit. My radio i listen to police on here has 8 watts and I make sure to turn off the transmitting ability so I can't walk on them. Still with only 8 watts and no repeater I'm limited to a few miles at best. So that's why I'm skeptical.

As a HAM radio operator I think I should step in here.

Jamming the radio is not difficult if you know the frequency. That can be found with a frequency counter or even googling it most likely.

Your radio might put out 8 watts, but hook it to one of these and now it's putting out 1000. With a decent antenna on a roof you could jam every radio on that frequency for 50 miles in all directions.

Pretty much what I said.

Forum List

Back