Tell me again, how EV's are GOOD for the environment??

I never said "all," I said...

So that comment only applies to renewable energy that is an intermittent electrical generating technology which would be solar and wind which are the renewables that are projected to replace fossil fuels. That is before they realize that's a pipe dream and can't be done without significant issues from disruptions in service. Just look at what is happening in Europe right now. It's a cluster fuck.

My comment on you driving a hybrid vehicle is intended to show that even you don't trust EV's enough to buy one. And for good reason too. They aren't a viable replacement for ICE vehicles.
Yeah, and I pointed out that hydroelectric power is reliable.

Demand for wind and solar is thru the roof and has been saving texas' ass this summer as the heat dome has spiked demand.

I drive a Prius because it's paid for and doesn't cost me much in maintenance. In regard to your assertion, it's just wrong EV's are replacing ICE vehicles everyday.

Yeah, and I pointed out that hydroelectric power is reliable.

Demand for wind and solar is thru the roof and has been saving texas' ass this summer as the heat dome has spiked demand.

I drive a Prius because it's paid for and doesn't cost me much in maintenance. In regard to your assertion, it's just wrong EV's are replacing ICE vehicles everyday.
I live in Texas. I know better. Baseloading with wind and solar is not saving our ass. It creates issues when fossil fuel plants have to swing to meet peak demand and renewable supply disruptions.

I'm sure in your head you believe EV's are the holy grail and everything will work just fine but that's not reality. As more and more EV's take to the road you will soon see just how bad of an idea that is. It's only a matter of time.

4A3F03EC-B17D-48CB-B7B5-C55B5DD691A4.jpeg

It’s MAD I tell ya!

I wonder how many space cadets who are dedicated greenies and fans of EVs will watch this video?

Not many I predict

But that wont stop them from attacking it
I bet they hate when the damn extension cord comes out of the socket and can't go any further.

This is happening more often..............EV's catching fire.

As opposed to FUEL driven vehicles, EV's catch fire more often and burn hotter and more completely.
What does this mean? It means the EV's are made of more flammable materials, which burn completely, releasing deadly toxic fumes into the atmosphere.

Fuel driven vehicles do not do this. Sure they burn, and can burn hot, but I've never seen one catch fire and burn till there was nothing left! I've also never seen a fuel driven vehicle fire that couldn't be put out! Even at the most potent fires a fuel driven vehicle could have that I've seen, they may burn all interior and contents, but leave the frame/metal parts.

For the EV's though, all that plastic, all that metal, being completely burned down into deadly toxic fumes!! Not to mention poisoning the ground with the cremated remains!!
I'm probably not the first person to point this out, but EVs do NOT catch fire more often than ICE-powered vehicles. From Car and Driver, no friend to EVs: "It found that hybrid vehicles, which have an internal combustion engine and an electric motor, had the most fires per 100,000 vehicles (3475), while vehicles with just an internal combustion engine placed second (1530 per 100,000). Fully electric vehicles had the fewest: 25 per 100,000.Jun 2, 2022"

So, 1530 vs 25. That says that ICE-powered cars are 61 times more likely to catch fire than are EVs. That's a huge margin. That you and several other deniers have been told that fact but have chosen to simply keep claiming that EVs are more likely to catch fire tells me that you aren't real big on simple honesty.

I'm probably not the first person to point this out, but EVs do NOT catch fire more often than ICE-powered vehicles. From Car and Driver, no friend to EVs: "It found that hybrid vehicles, which have an internal combustion engine and an electric motor, had the most fires per 100,000 vehicles (3475), while vehicles with just an internal combustion engine placed second (1530 per 100,000). Fully electric vehicles had the fewest: 25 per 100,000.Jun 2, 2022"

So, 1530 vs 25. That says that ICE-powered cars are 61 times more likely to catch fire than are EVs. That's a huge margin. That you and several other deniers have been told that fact but have chosen to simply keep claiming that EVs are more likely to catch fire tells me that you aren't real big on simple honesty.
The issue is the nature of the fires and how it pertains to parking structures.

Awwwww, don't let facts make you a sad denier.
I suspect that supporters of wooden horse-drawn carriages made similar comments about motor vehicles rolling around with gallons of extremely flammable gasoline in them.

Depends on the electrical generating source, right?

Yes, but not as simplistically as you might think given your limited understanding of science.

If the powerplant is run on natural gas as opposed to coal then it is slightly better in terms of Co2 emissions as a function of energy output from the combustion.

Personally I like solar. I've driven my car for about 3 years now without paying to charge it. I have solar on my house and it keeps me well above the amount I use each month so I charge for free effectively.

I would need to look to see which is more efficient overall though: burning coal in a powerplant to charge a car or burning gasoline in the car itself to make it move.

Another thing you wouldn't know is that coal is falling out favor for energy production. Cheaper natural gas is supplanting it in many places.

Natural gas comes out oil wells....something you might have heard someone talk about from time to time. Or when you were making up your job as "petroleum engineer" who doesn't know anything about earth science.

which facts are those? Plug in fires can only be an EV. fk, you don't even know that.

But you're typing this on a computer. Which is probably a laptop. Which has a Li ion battery in it.

Do you only type outside wearing fire-proof gloves out of fear of the Li fires? Because those happen as well with smaller electronics. Sometimes to very bad effect.

So, tell us, Dr. Hypocrite, how bad are Li ion batteries?

But you're typing this on a computer. Which is probably a laptop. Which has a Li ion battery in it.

Do you only type outside wearing fire-proof gloves out of fear of the Li fires? Because those happen as well with smaller electronics. Sometimes to very bad effect.

He probably has a Li ion battery for a drill too.

Yes, but not as simplistically as you might think given your limited understanding of science.

If the powerplant is run on natural gas as opposed to coal then it is slightly better in terms of Co2 emissions as a function of energy output from the combustion.

Personally I like solar. I've driven my car for about 3 years now without paying to charge it. I have solar on my house and it keeps me well above the amount I use each month so I charge for free effectively.

I would need to look to see which is more efficient overall though: burning coal in a powerplant to charge a car or burning gasoline in the car itself to make it move.

Another thing you wouldn't know is that coal is falling out favor for energy production. Cheaper natural gas is supplanting it in many places.

Natural gas comes out oil wells....something you might have heard someone talk about from time to time. Or when you were making up your job as "petroleum engineer" who doesn't know anything about earth science.
You don't know what I might think. :)

That's nice. Nothing you wrote there has anything to do with the intermittent nature of wind and solar and the predictable surprises of base loading power grids with wind and solar.

I don't have time to teach you the chemistry of fossil fuels and given your amazing lack of anything even remotely like a scientific background I'm not inclined to help you.

The amps I’m pushing in my phone is apples to oranges your point.

Forum List

Back