Tell me about your day, honeys.

I had a nice day watching telly and relaxing after attending a wedding yesterday. Hope you’re having a great day!

Well. I'd paid the garage around 600 dollars to replace all of the hoses on my Corvette. I noticed they didn't clamp em all on real tight. So, I tightened em. This was like a couple of weeks ago.

I must have missed one because I went for a cruise today and one of em, apparently the one I missed, the upper radiator hose popped off.

Coolant completely sprayed all over my freshly cleaned and polished motor. All of the black was freshly reblacked, too. I cleaned it after they replaced all of the hoses. Luckily it popped off right as I pulled in. But obviously the motor is a mess now, coolant all over the place. I was peed off, lemme tell ya. lol. Still am.

I had a nice day watching telly and relaxing after attending a wedding yesterday. Hope you’re having a great day!
I've been going bonkers on Amazon Prime movies and netflix. What else is there to do for an old fogey?
Who got married?

• Thanks
Reactions: mdk
Well. I'd paid the garage around 600 dollars to replace all of the hoses on my Corvette. I noticed they didn't clamp em all on real tight. So, I tightened em. This was like a couple of weeks ago.

I must have missed one because I went for a cruise today and one of em, apparently the one I missed, the upper radiator hose popped off.

Coolant completely sprayed all over my freshly cleaned and polished motor. All of the black was freshly reblacked, too. Luckily it popped off right as I pulled in. But obviously the motor is a mess now, coolant all over the place. I was peed off, lemme tell ya. lol. Still am.
Vette? Cool! What color is it? Year? I test drove one once. I got in it ok, but getting out was a bitch, lol.

I've been going bonkers on Amazon Prime movies and netflix. What else is there to do for an old fogey?
Who got married?

My 2nd cousin. The ceremony was held outside making it the coldest wedding I’ve ever attended. It was a great time and it was nicr catching up with friends and family. Also, dancing. Lots of dancing. lol

Vette? Cool! What color is it? Year? I test drove one once. I got in it ok, but getting out was a bitch, lol.

It's a laguna blue 1990 C4. It's nothing to write home about considering how far they've come, but I like it. It's well maintained. Late 80s/early 90s were my hell raising days and that was the style that I grew up on, so. That's why I bought it. I'm probably gonna get a C6 in a couple years, though. I'll keep the C4, too.

Sounds fun. I miss stuff like that. Hell, I miss alot of regular living stuff. Might even have a xmas tree this year..but very small. Table top. Prezzies for the stray cats I feed. Canned tuna. :D

For me it was home chores, organized second garage and finished winterizing boat. Trolled a few threads and socks.

The usual.

My day was quiet and relaxing, nothing to write home about. Except for maybe this sunset. (the picture really doesn't do it any justice.)

IMG-2677.jpg

My day was quiet and relaxing, nothing to write home about. Except for maybe this sunset. (the picture really doesn't do it any justice.)

IMG-2677.jpg

You shoulda posted the phone video. Still a very surreal photo, though.

Heh, I would've had to upload it to Youtube or something. But yeah, the sparkles on the water were surreal, jumping all over the place... you can't tell from this pic.

It was an early start for me this morning once again, I leave the house at exactly 06:30
At the moment I’m on a local job, it’s 25 miles away but the road it a winding A then a B road, it takes me 45 mins at a steady 45miles an hour. There are road works on the route and I just have to wait patiently and refuse to rush to make up time, anyhow I usually get to work 15 minutes early, enough time to make a fresh coffee in the site canteen.
From a very cold start to the morning it’s turned warmer, very sunny, not a cloud in the sky.
It’s lunch time and I’m having a large coffee with my ham and pickle seeded bread sandwich. :)

Coolant completely sprayed all over my freshly cleaned and polished motor. All of the black was freshly reblacked, too. I cleaned it after they replaced all of the hoses. Luckily it popped off right as I pulled in. But obviously the motor is a mess now, coolant all over the place. I was peed off, lemme tell ya. lol. Still am.
I remember the good ole days when you could actually replace hoses and belts yourself

I remember the good ole days when you could actually replace hoses and belts yourself

Normally I would have done it myself. My health has been horrible lately, though. My thyroid has been screwing my whole body up to the point that I couldn't even stand for longer than a few minutes. Just now getting back to some kind of normalcy with the medication starting to regulate it.

I know I'm not gonna take it back to that garage again, though. The second they see a Corvette emblem on the hood, the price goes up by half. I'm tired of that shit. They put a new rack and pinion on it (rebuilt) and a power steering pump and that was almost two thousand bucks. And someone stole my brand new battery out of it while it was there. On top of that it took em three weeks to do it.

Last edited:
I bought a laptop windows 10. What a pain in the ass to set it all up. Password this, password that. Geez. But...it's done. However, I won't start using it til Jan 1st. I like my windows 7!

And...tomorrow is prep day for the roto rootering of my body at the hospital. Endoscopy and colonoscopy both. With anesthesia since twilight does not work on me. The procedure is not a big deal. The prep SUCKS.

Lime jello all day. Tea, weak coffee with no cream. Soda, if I drank it which I don't. And that's about it all day. But I'm gonna cheat and have a poached egg when my stomach starts cramping from lack of food! At least up until it's time to drink that nasty stuff.

Forum List

Back