Televise All School Classes

Status
Not open for further replies.
With today's technology, it would be tolerably expensive and completely rational to record all classes. The files could be deleted after a reasonable period, as determined by the state legislatures. They probably would not even be viewed, except when there is some sort of a question or issue, but making the videos and the knowledge that they exist will be valuable.

Just like body-cams for police.

They would be particularly valuable in schools where behavioral issues are significant, providing a real-time record of what went on in the classroom, how teachers reacted, and so on. The value to teaching supervisors would also be significant.

As an added benefit, the initiative would create a lot of jobs. I can imagine several full-time positions in each school district for someone to manage the files.

But of course, the teachers' unions would fight it, eh?
Excellent perception. You got it right. Mostly only ones opposing OP are teachers.

Why do you feel the need to LIE
NO school that fully funded has a 6 hour day. Maybe a Special School.

Did you go to a special school?

You LIED about posting a link to the schedule you claim.

You Liar.
It is posted twice, idiot (and with the source links), and I told you > Post # 600.
Can you read ? You are your own worst enemy.

Last edited:
You lied about posting a school schedule from 9:00am to 3:00 pm.
If you posted it then post it again and quit whining about “there’s too many posts to look through “
Go find it, jerk - you want it. its there, I;m not going to do your work for you

That is incorrect.
RARELY do principals see them at work. And even if principals saw them 90% of the time, in the other 10% they could be teaching CRT. Only way to stop CRT, is televise the classes CONTINUOUSLY

In summation, this thread has had many good postings by people in support of televising school classes.

In opposition, have been just a few spoiled-rotten, selfish teachers who want to preserve their undeserving, overprivileged status, of being UNACCOUNTABLE to parents, police, govt, and the community.

Last edited:
In summation, this thread has had many good postings by people in support of televising school classes.

In opposition, have been just a few spoiled-rotten, selfish teachers who want to preserve their undeserving status, of being UNACCOUNTABLE to parents, police, govt, and the community.
This thread has been a perfect example of how biased people who have a vested interest privilege, can & will say the most cockamamie things, including verbal abuse, when THEIR special positions are threatened with change (which is for the better for everyone else)

Last edited:
Sounds to me like what you want is homeschooling or a private school that shares your outlook.
Televising classrooms, besides being totally paranoid, rings of 1984 like nothing else I've heard before. Get lost, Big Brother.
The only thing that's paranoid is the strange idea that somehow a television monitoring system will be harmful to the classroom. Fully 30 to 40% of instruction today is done online over a screen. Online colleges are growing in number and in popularity. With this particular medium there is a constant monitoring of all things said and done in the classroom and it hasn't seemed to hinder it one bit. During the hybrid session at the end of the school year my grandson's teachers were visible throughout the entire class on his screen. The other students who were physically present at school were audible even if they weren't visible. 1984 has arrived where have you been?
It's a totally different thing to video a class for online instruction than it is to have a monitoring 'eye' watching to make sure the teacher (or students) do not cross the sanctioned ideological lines. It's so fascist I can't even believe it's being taken seriously by some of the fruitcakes here. Well, I guess I shouldn't be surprised....but anyway
NO.
If a parent wants to know the material covered, get active in the PTA, with the school board, just read your kids' text books. Or, here's a thought, Ask them what they're learning. Bring up the issues of the day in an age appropriate way, nonjudgmentally, and listen to what they say.
So you think it should be illegal for parents to record video of babysitters when the parents are away?

This not a privacy right issue for the teachers

Its about protecting the children when parents cannot be there

So you think it should be illegal for parents to record video of babysitters when the parents are away?
This not a privacy right issue for the teachers
Its about protecting the children when parents cannot be there
Of course. Amazing how anyone could be opposed.

In opposition, have been just a few spoiled-rotten, selfish teachers who want to preserve their undeserving, overprivileged status, of being UNACCOUNTABLE to parents, police, govt, and the community.

Funny, I have opposed your plan and destroyed your idea. And I am not a teacher. Several posters who called you out as an idiot are not teachers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back