Teens Trained to Kill

He was tricked, as are all who engage in the atrocious brutality proscribed by Islam. If this is intended to serve as an example of youth ineptitude, I don't agree with that analysis. It's an example of religious ineptitude.

He was tricked, as are all who engage in the atrocious brutality proscribed by Islam. If this is intended to serve as an example of youth ineptitude, I don't agree with that analysis. It's an example of religious ineptitude.

I'd say it's a result of child abuse, aka poor parenting.

I'd say it's a result of child abuse, aka poor parenting.

I don't regard him as an actual child, nor do I regard the majority of individuals that UNICEF designates as "child soldiers" as being actual children.

As I said, I don't believe that there's any specific youth-related element to this story, except for the possible fact that he had no legal recourse to escape from religious fanatics who essentially functioned as slave masters.

Hence, this story has far more to do with Islamic extremism than with "child soldiers."

I'd say that Harris and Klebold were in a similarly coercive environment, but I don't specifically attribute their violent reaction to their age. If there were, say, 100,000 people in such a coercive environment, a few are bound to snap.

Forum List

Back