Ted Kennedy calls for VOTE on Iraq War escalation

Psychoblues

Nov 30, 2003
North Missisippi
Ted Kennedy calls for vote on Iraq War escalation. We will find out who keeps up with national intelligence during this vote.

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- Sen. Edward Kennedy launched a pre-emptive strike Tuesday against President Bush's anticipated plans to send more troops to Iraq.

The Massachusetts Democrat introduced legislation to require congressional approval before force levels can be increased.

Bush is to address the nation Wednesday night with details of his new Iraq policy, which reportedly includes a plan to send at least 20,000 troops -- what the administration is calling a "surge" -- in an effort to curb the escalating violence there. (Watch how Democrats may be gearing up for a battle over the proposed troop surge )

Kennedy, a leading opponent of the war and senior member of the Armed Services Committee, said any troop increase would be "an immense new mistake."

Kennedy said he introduced the legislation "to reclaim the rightful role of Congress and the people's right to a full voice in the president's plan to send more troops to Iraq."

He added that the bill says "that no additional troops can be sent and no additional dollars can be spent on such an escalation unless and until Congress approves the president's plan."

Showdown looms
The legislation will likely set the stage for a showdown between the White House and the new Democratic-controlled Congress over Bush's anticipated new strategy. Kennedy is accustomed to locking horns.

Kennedy was among 23 senators, 22 of them Democrats, who voted against the March 2003 invasion of Iraq. Kennedy called it "the best vote I've cast in my 44 years in the United States Senate."

Kennedy said in January 2005 that the United States should begin withdrawing its troops. He also has invited intense White House criticism for drawing parallels between the war in Iraq and the Vietnam War.

Damn, it’s KILLING ME. Is it KILLING YOU?

Psychoblues

Ted Kennedy calls for vote on Iraq War escalation. We will find out who keeps up with national intelligence during this vote.

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- Sen. Edward Kennedy launched a pre-emptive strike Tuesday against President Bush's anticipated plans to send more troops to Iraq.

The Massachusetts Democrat introduced legislation to require congressional approval before force levels can be increased.

Bush is to address the nation Wednesday night with details of his new Iraq policy, which reportedly includes a plan to send at least 20,000 troops -- what the administration is calling a "surge" -- in an effort to curb the escalating violence there. (Watch how Democrats may be gearing up for a battle over the proposed troop surge )

Kennedy, a leading opponent of the war and senior member of the Armed Services Committee, said any troop increase would be "an immense new mistake."

Kennedy said he introduced the legislation "to reclaim the rightful role of Congress and the people's right to a full voice in the president's plan to send more troops to Iraq."

He added that the bill says "that no additional troops can be sent and no additional dollars can be spent on such an escalation unless and until Congress approves the president's plan."

Showdown looms
The legislation will likely set the stage for a showdown between the White House and the new Democratic-controlled Congress over Bush's anticipated new strategy. Kennedy is accustomed to locking horns.

Kennedy was among 23 senators, 22 of them Democrats, who voted against the March 2003 invasion of Iraq. Kennedy called it "the best vote I've cast in my 44 years in the United States Senate."

Kennedy said in January 2005 that the United States should begin withdrawing its troops. He also has invited intense White House criticism for drawing parallels between the war in Iraq and the Vietnam War.

Psychoblues

What is it? Mom and Dad's monthly night out so you could sneak on their computer again? And all you can do with opportunity is post bullshit.

Something NEEDS to kill you.

Teddy's got a hard on psycho. If he can only reenact the Vietnam War, his reaction to it, perchance if he can only get the Maryjo scenario back?

Then everyone will join in his alternative world, sing Kumbaya and be free?

Teddy's got a hard on psycho. If he can only reenact the Vietnam War, his reaction to it, perchance if he can only get the Maryjo scenario back?

Then everyone will join in his alternative world, sing Kumbaya and be free?

I just think it's rather unfair that the two best Kennedy's got murdered and left us stuck with the bottom of the Kennedy gene pool.

So basically Ted Kennedy wants to unconstitutionally restrict the President's inherent power to direct where the troops go? And you approve?

POS = Piece of Shit. You qualify under any otherwise definition, GunnyL. You got something other than a personal attack or insult you want to add to your argument?

What is it? Mom and Dad's monthly night out so you could sneak on their computer again? And all you can do with opportunity is post bullshit.

Something NEEDS to kill you.

Psychoblues

Nay, I just thought a VOTE might be interesting. don't you?

Psychoblues

So you approve of Ted Kennedy's attempt to usurp the Presidents Constitutionally given power or not?

BTW the vote isnt the interesting part. Its the fact that a man would dare try to usurp power that isnt his and the fact that you guys are practically orgasmic about it that is interesting and highly disturbing. After all I know you guys don't really care about voting. Otherwise you wouldnt be so dang opposed to putting any of the extreme points of your liberal agenda to a vote by the people rather than trying to force it through the court. Abortion and gay marriage would be long dead issues if the people actually had the freedom to vote for them.

So you approve of Ted Kennedy's attempt to usurp the Presidents Constitutionally given power or not?

BTW the vote isnt the interesting part. Its the fact that a man would dare try to usurp power that isnt his and the fact that you guys are practically orgasmic about it that is interesting and highly disturbing. After all I know you guys don't really care about voting. Otherwise you wouldnt be so dang opposed to putting any of the extreme points of your liberal agenda to a vote by the people rather than trying to force it through the court. Abortion and gay marriage would be long dead issues if the people actually had the freedom to vote for them.

Carefull now, psycho has a hard time with COMMON SENSE.:rolleyes:

Such a bill would most certainly be unconstitutional...particularly when it comes to approving actions reserved for the CIC

POS = Piece of Shit. You qualify under any otherwise definition, GunnyL. You got something other than a personal attack or insult you want to add to your argument?

Psychoblues

Where you are concerned? Not really. You haven't added anything worth discussing as long as I've been a member of the board. You and your posts are equally worthless.

Showdown looms

Psychoblues

My question is where is Bully "The Defender of the Constitution" Pulpit at? This man is trying to change the Constitutionally given powers of the President and suddenly we don't hear a peep about it! We need him to defend this attack on the Constitution!

Showdown looms

Psychoblues

Something to think about, though I wonder if those that think, Iraq=Vietnam, actually think?

http://ronrosenbaum.pajamasmedia.com/2007/01/12/haunted_by_cambodia.php

Haunted by Cambodia

If Iraq is to be compared to Vietnam, how relevant is Cambodia?

Ever since the news of the genocidal scale of mass murder in Cambodia reached the West, I’ve been trying to figure out how to relate it to my previous opposition to the Vietnam War.

At first it was self-exculpatory: No Vietnam War, no Nixon illicit secret bombing/destabilization of Cambodia, thus no Khmer Rouge take-over, thus no genocide. That was my story and I tried sticking to it for a long time.

But it’s more complicated than that isn’t it? Especially if you’re familiar with what’s come to light in the past decades from former Soviet archives about Vietnam. (You have read the Soviet archival documents haven’t you? Otherwise spare me your comments). When 2 or 3 million are murdered, it’s worth examining the causes further, especially in light of current potential parallels.

My opposition to the Vietnam war, developed during my college days was based on the oversimplified premise—which turns out, by most serious accounts, now bolstered by the former Soviet archives—to be false or seriously flawed.

My belief and that of most of the anti-war movement—that the North Vietnamese regime represented an indigenous, nationalist movement expressing the Vietnamese peoples centuries-long struggle for independence from foreign control—was only half-true at best...

I can't believe that your tender feelings got me banned for 10 days because of this remark. Are your feelings really that tender, GunnyL?

Where you are concerned? Not really. You haven't added anything worth discussing as long as I've been a member of the board. You and your posts are equally worthless.

I still think you a POS.

Psychoblues

Can't help but notice psycho ignored all the points and when straight for the personal attack again.

Seriously, can you honestly wonder why you got banned?

Well atleast its amusing with him around.

What freaking points? GunnyL doesn't make points. He just complains.

Can't help but notice psycho ignored all the points and when straight for the personal attack again.

Seriously, can you honestly wonder why you got banned?

Well atleast its amusing with him around.

Psychoblues

New Topics

Forum List

Back