Ted Cruz Says SCOTUS 'Clearly Wrong' to Legalize Gay Marriage

HeyNorm, I'm really enjoying your posts but I'd advise you to show that poster the amount of contempt it deserves and also show it your heels. I just did.

You showed your ass and that is about it. I am here advocating for equality and human rights . If you think that is deserving of contempt, that tell me all that I need to know about you

Thanks for the advise. Educating the obviously uninformed about same sex marriage is a calling I guess. Although this guy seems to be a tough student.

But I’ll just have to keep trying!
What the fuck am I uninformed about? Spell it out? Lets see just how much of an ignorant bigot you are. You're the one who thought that you had to lie about your reason for opposing same sex marriage. What are you so afraid of?

Only in your own warped mind! What exactly did you win? I was not even responding to you. Lets try this : State clearly and concisely exactly what your position on same sex marriage is. Then formulate a premis using facts and logic to support your conclusion . No one here has actually done that. Lets see if you're smarter than the others.

Last edited:
You lose. In todays news:

The Senate on Tuesday passed a bill to codify protections for same-sex and interracial marriages, a historic vote aimed at protecting people’s civil rights in the event that the conservative-led Supreme Court decides to dismantle marriage equality on the heels of gutting abortion rights.
The Respect for Marriage Act passed, 61 to 36. Every Democrat present voted for it, and they needed at least 10 Republicans to vote with them. They got 12.

The bill does two things: It repeals the Defense of Marriage Act, the 1996 federal law that banned( Federal reccognition of* ) same-sex marriage, and it requires states to recognize valid same-sex marriages from other states. It also ensures the same protections for interracial marriages.
* My addition- the report was inaccurate on the point

Deal with it people!!

back to the OP. that is not what Cruz said. He said that it is not a federal constitutional issue and therefore should be decided by the voters of each state, not the SC. That is all he said, stop lying about this.

You might as well ask a common house fly not to eat shit, as ask TheOppressiveFaggot not to lie.

I said that you should read Constitutional Law. Not rely on a literal reading of the text.

The Constitution means what it says, not what you wish it said.

If whatever source you are calling “Constitutional law” disagrees with what the Constitution literally says, then your source is bullshit.

"“We can ease the fear that millions of same-sex and interracial couples have that their freedoms and their rights could be stripped away,” said Sen. Tammy Baldwin (D-WI), a sponsor of the bill. “We are guaranteeing same-sex and interracial couples, regardless of where they live, that their marriage is legal.”

Where exactly, are these same-sex couples and inter-racial couples whose marriages are endangered?

Is Justice Clarence Thomas worried? Mitch McConnell? Mayor Pete?

Democrats are evil. Never forget it.

"“We can ease the fear that millions of same-sex and interracial couples have that their freedoms and their rights could be stripped away,” said Sen. Tammy Baldwin (D-WI), a sponsor of the bill. “We are guaranteeing same-sex and interracial couples, regardless of where they live, that their marriage is legal.”

Where exactly, are these same-sex couples and inter-racial couples whose marriages are endangered?

Thomas said that the court needs to re-visit the decisions that allowed for same sex marriage. Now there will be a law that ensures it remains legal (unlike Abortion). It's a preventative measure against the nation turning into Conservistan.

Thomas said that the court needs to re-visit the decisions that allowed for same sex marriage. Now there will be a law that ensures it remains legal (unlike Abortion). It's a preventative measure against the nation turning into Conservistan.

Thomas meant the reasoning used for them. He himself is in an interracial marriage, duh.

The law itself may be unconstitutional since Congress has no authority over marriage.

But the left may use it if it is held to be constitutional for all sorts of other things including a national age of consent law. Bet on that.

Why is it 'evil' to protect same sex marriage?

Why are they "evil" for this?

The Supreme Court has gone to the right, despite the fact that the popular vote has been very much against Republicans (one popular vote win for president since 1990, and yet the Supreme Court has moved to the right, huh?)

This supreme court has shown they have no problem overturning sensible decades old rulings. If they can overturn Roe, they can overturn Obergefell or even Loving.

Thomas meant the reasoning used for them. He himself is in an interracial marriage, duh.

The law itself may be unconstitutional since Congress has no authority over marriage.

But the left may use it if it is held to be constitutional for all sorts of other things including a national age of consent law. Bet on that.

Actually, the law probably passes constitutional muster, because it only covers FEDERAL recognition of marriage. Hypothetically, if SCOTUS overturns Obergefell or even Loving, there's nothing that the Feds can do to stop a state from outlawing those marriages, but they would still be protected under the full faith and credit clause.

Forum List

Back