Ted Cruz (R) to announce 2016 presidential bid on Monday

Statistikhengst

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2013
deep within the statistical brain!!
Ted Cruz to announce 2016 presidential bid on Monday - CNN.com

He is announcing at Liberty University in Virginia tomorrow.

And so Ted Cruz will be the first officially declared candidate of the 2016 season.

From the CNN article:

The Chronicle reports that Cruz will go straight to announcing his candidacy without first forming an exploratory committee, according to advisers with direct knowledge of his plans.

Cruz, armed with his trademark ostrich boots and impressive oratory skills, has quickly made a name for himself in the past two years since he started in the Senate, solidifying his brand as a conservative firebrand willing to take on establishment Republicans in Washington.

A constant and vocal critic of the Obama administration, he's perhaps best known for his stalwart fight against Obamacare in 2013, which led to a tense standoff between Democrats and Republicans and ultimately resulted in a 17-day government shutdown. The showdown was punctuated by Cruz's 21-hour speech on the Senate floor.

While popular in conservative and tea party circles, Cruz has a long way to go in terms of broader support in the GOP base, according to public opinion polls. A CNN/ORC International survey conducted this month of the hypothetical Republican primary showed Cruz came in with 4% support among Republicans and independents who lean Republican.

But the field is still relatively open, with the top contender -- Jeb Bush -- coming in at 16% support, followed by Scott Walker at 13%.

FYI, and for your thoughts.

And so Ted Cruz will be the first officially declared candidate of the 2016 season.

From the CNN article:

The Chronicle reports that Cruz will go straight to announcing his candidacy without first forming an exploratory committee, according to advisers with direct knowledge of his plans.

Cruz, armed with his trademark ostrich boots and impressive oratory skills, has quickly made a name for himself in the past two years since he started in the Senate, solidifying his brand as a conservative firebrand willing to take on establishment Republicans in Washington.

A constant and vocal critic of the Obama administration, he's perhaps best known for his stalwart fight against Obamacare in 2013, which led to a tense standoff between Democrats and Republicans and ultimately resulted in a 17-day government shutdown. The showdown was punctuated by Cruz's 21-hour speech on the Senate floor.

While popular in conservative and tea party circles, Cruz has a long way to go in terms of broader support in the GOP base, according to public opinion polls. A CNN/ORC International survey conducted this month of the hypothetical Republican primary showed Cruz came in with 4% support among Republicans and independents who lean Republican.

But the field is still relatively open, with the top contender -- Jeb Bush -- coming in at 16% support, followed by Scott Walker at 13%.

Good news:thup:

I can't wait for the spotlight to be turned on Creepy Ted

From the CNN article:

I don't believe America will be "fixed" until she's completely broke but God bless Cruz for giving it his best shot. American Presidents are little more than puppets and front men. They all dance for the real string-pullers.

It is interesting that he is forgoing an "exploratory committee", but there is no law or even a tradition that says he has to. What he will need to do now is to organize quickly and my instinct tells me that at least one other staunch Conservative GOPer may announce relatively quickly after Cruz. In terms of strategema, this makes sense.

Last edited:

And off creepy Hillary?
Hillary may not run I've been saying that for years now. So far it's panning out, though the problem is the dems really have none else

If she's smart she won't...she's ancient and I doubt she can hold up to the strain of the trainload of issues that will be thrown at her.

Are you even remotely aware that this thread is NOT about Hillary Clinton?

Pay attention. Learn to focus on the topic on hand and debate or at least give input like an adult.

And off creepy Hillary?
Hillary may not run I've been saying that for years now. So far it's panning out, though the problem is the dems really have none else

If she's smart she won't...she's ancient and I doubt she can hold up to the strain of the trainload of issues that will be thrown at her.

The difference is Hillary actually understands the issues

Ted seems to think he is the only person in America who understands the Constitution

And off creepy Hillary?

Ted seems to think he is the only person in America who understands the Constitution

Yeah I get it, you have a crush and Hillary could be found eating dead baby brains and you'd still vote for the hag

From the CNN article:

I don't believe America will be "fixed" until she's completely broke but God bless Cruz for giving it his best shot. American Presidents are little more than puppets and front men. They all dance for the real string-pullers.

I believe you have tipped on an idea there that is really worth and honest, adult discussion and I thank you for bringing the idea up.

And off creepy Hillary?

Yeah I get it, you have a crush and Hillary could be found eating dead baby brains and you'd still vote for the hag

So, one final time, this thread is NOT about Hillary Clinton. If there is any way for you to get that through your head, I think it would be to your advantage. We have worked very hard in USMB, both on the Left and on the Right, to keep the elections section free of trolling comments. Pay attention and learn to debate the topic at hand, which is TED CRUZ's upcoming announcement, or I'll just start reporting your ass until the Messiah arrives. Capisce?

It is interesting that he is forgoing an "exploratory committee", but there is no law or even a tradition that says he has to. What he will need to do, is to organize quickly and my instinct tells me that at least one other staunch Conservative GOPer may announce relatively quickly after Cruz. In terms of strategema, this makes sense.
Ted wants to pull the early attention and some early money

He will find a sugar daddy to support him or maybe a couple of rich brothers. This will enable him to uses Citizens United to be funded through the whole GOP primary

Ted is the best thing Democrats can hope for. He will heckle his fellow republicans and force conservative issues. He will force Bush to the right and force him to abandon moderate positions

Cruz is the best thing Hillary can hope for

And off creepy Hillary?

So, one final time, this thread is NOT about Hillary Clinton. If there is any way for you to get that through your head, I think it would be to your advantage. We have worked very hard in USMB, both on the Left and on the Right, to keep the elections section free of trolling comments. Pay attention and learn to debate the topic at hand, which is TED CRUZ's upcoming announcement, or I'll just start reporting your ass until the Messiah arrives. Capisce?
I didn't bring the bitch up. Ted Cruz has twice the intellect, and is a principled person. Hillary? Just another political hack. Cruz will wipe the floor with her old ass...Now report away:thup:

Forum List

Back