Ted Cruz, Chris Cuomo get into slugfest after senator rips Gov. Cuomo's COVID response

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
This is why Cruz does well, he's great at pointing out the hypocrisy. It's nearly impossible to counter hypocrisy when it's right in the open.

His point about Biden doing a eulogy for Byrd and the death rate of NY compared to Texas where Cuomo himself is caught in his own logic that there was a "learning curve" in NY. What the hell did they all expect Trump to do? The fact some are using it politically should be called out more forcefully by Trump.

Trump just needs to say in a debate, "are you going to blame Cuomo for New York?" We provided them all they needed, we were on calls everyday, not one person who needed a ventalator didn't have one. Not only were we all working our hardest but the W.H.O and our own experts were on the learning curve too. The disinformation from W.H.O and China didn't help anyone. This is an entirely new threat."

Ted Cruz, Chris Cuomo get into slugfest after senator rips Gov. Cuomo's COVID response

Sen. Ted Cruz, R-Texas, and CNN's Chris Cuomo faced off in a fiery clash on Wednesday night that further escalated when the Republican took a swipe at the anchor's Democratic brother, New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo.

The conversation began with Cuomo pressing Cruz on whether President Trump went "soft" on the far-right group the Proud Boys during Tuesday night's debate. The senator responded by saying he wished Trump was "much clearer" with his denunciation and appreciated the president's sharper condemnation the next day. Cruz quickly called out the press for being "hypocritical" for not condemning Joe Biden's 2010 eulogy for former senator and klansman Robert Byrd.

"You're really gonna go with that?" Cuomo reacted. "I know you're a master debater... you're gonna go with that weak-ass argument here? Byrd, who had a complete enlightenment about how hate was wrong, who changed his life, who spoke about it, who changed his ways?"

"Chris, have you ever eulogized a klansman? I haven't," Cruz shot back.

This is why Cruz does well, he's great at pointing out the hypocrisy. It's nearly impossible to counter hypocrisy when it's right in the open.

His point about Biden doing a eulogy for Byrd and the death rate of NY compared to Texas where Cuomo himself is caught in his own logic that there was a "learning curve" in NY. What the hell did they all expect Trump to do? The fact some are using it politically should be called out more forcefully by Trump.

Trump just needs to say in a debate, "are you going to blame Cuomo for New York?" We provided them all they needed, we were on calls everyday, not one person who needed a ventalator didn't have one. Not only were we all working our hardest but the W.H.O and our own experts were on the learning curve too. The disinformation from W.H.O and China didn't help anyone. This is an entirely new threat."

Sen. Ted Cruz, R-Texas, and CNN's Chris Cuomo faced off in a fiery clash on Wednesday night that further escalated when the Republican took a swipe at the anchor's Democratic brother, New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo.

The conversation began with Cuomo pressing Cruz on whether President Trump went "soft" on the far-right group the Proud Boys during Tuesday night's debate. The senator responded by saying he wished Trump was "much clearer" with his denunciation and appreciated the president's sharper condemnation the next day. Cruz quickly called out the press for being "hypocritical" for not condemning Joe Biden's 2010 eulogy for former senator and klansman Robert Byrd.

"You're really gonna go with that?" Cuomo reacted. "I know you're a master debater... you're gonna go with that weak-ass argument here? Byrd, who had a complete enlightenment about how hate was wrong, who changed his life, who spoke about it, who changed his ways?"

Senator Byrd, (D WV) was Grand Dragon of the KKK. However, he sent a lot of pork to West Virginia (West By God).

What has the empty suit Ted Cruz accomplished in all his years in office?

This is why Ted Cruz is considered to be a total ass clown.

Is this what passes for political discourse. Slag fests between rich white guys? How is this is anyway useful or helpful to the well being of the nation? Why are you cheering such garbage? You're dumber than the politicians who behave this way.

Is this what passes for political discourse. Slag fests between rich white guys? How is this is anyway useful or helpful to the well being of the nation? Why are you cheering such garbage? You're dumber than the politicians who behave this way.
Its why these dumb asses love Trump so much.

He's the ultimate troll.

These idiots think he did great last night.

They're in for a WHOPPING suprise come November 3rd though.

#LOLGOP #TooFunny #CLASSIC

1601532888605.png

His days of being taken seriously are likely over.

Senator Byrd, (D WV) was Grand Dragon of the KKK. However, he sent a lot of pork to West Virginia (West By God).

No he wasn't.

That noted, I didn't see where either slugged anyone.

I like watching rich white guys duke it out. Especially Cuomo, because he lifts metal plates and stuff.

The point that you seemed to have missed in your eagerness to type up personal attacks and inevitably cloud your own understanding, is that Cuomo and others have used the Wuhan Virus as the impetus to attack Trump every day. They've used it exclusively, if not certainly primarily, to attack Trump and his unfitness for office. "You can't vote for him, look what he did!".

Meanwhile, they employ on their network, the brother of the Governor of NY. They were in fact who doing comedy sketches on their network just a few months ago. Was that appropriate? You decide.

Can you imagine if Trump was doing comedy sketches with family members, especially if that person was in a position of authority in a highly infected area?

I've done my best to NOT blame Western politicians, I place this blame solely on the Communists. I've defended Doug Ford, Trudeau and Trump equally. If someone blames someone for political purposes I often do as Cruz did, "how about YOUR political party member"?

See how hypocrisy works? We might all fall victim to it now and again, but, it being called out should not be condemned, it should be condoned.

I like watching rich white guys duke it out. Especially Cuomo, because he lifts metal plates and stuff.

The point that you seemed to have missed in your eagerness to type up personal attacks and inevitably cloud your own understanding, is that Cuomo and others have used the Wuhan Virus as the impetus to attack Trump every day. They've used it exclusively, if not certainly primarily, to attack Trump and his unfitness for office. "You can't vote for him, look what he did!".

Meanwhile, they employ on their network, the brother of the Governor of NY. They were in fact who doing comedy sketches on their network just a few months ago. Was that appropriate? You decide.

Can you imagine if Trump was doing comedy sketches with family members, especially if that person was in a position of authority in a highly infected area?

I've done my best to NOT blame Western politicians, I place this blame solely on the Communists. I've defended Doug Ford, Trudeau and Trump equally. If someone blames someone for political purposes I often do as Cruz did, "how about YOUR political party member"?

See how hypocrisy works? We might all fall victim to it now and again, but, it being called out should not be condemned, it should be condoned.

How old are you? Your entire post reads like a diatribe from a middle school child with poor social skills.

Donald Trump's response to the corona virus has killed 210,000 people and counting. Literally hundreds of thousand of people would still be alive had Donald Trump started working to prevent the spread of the virus starting on January 2nd, instead of waiting until the middle of March to do ANYTHING.

Quite frankly, I don't give a rat's ass who YOU blame for these deaths, because, you're an idiot, who doesn't know his ass from a hole in the ground and I wouldn't expect you to display good sense about anything. But I do care about the degradation of public discourse by elected officials.

What is especially concerning is the inability of the Republican Party to articulate any plans, any platform, and any reason to vote for them at all. Republicans have no platform this election. They'll do whatever Trump tells them to do and that's a huge concern.

The Republican Party has won exactly two elections this century, on the basis of the popular vote. The 2004 Presidency/House victory, and the 2010 midterms. Republicans have held the House by gerrymandering and voter suppression, and the White House by the electoral college.

During the years the Republican Party has been the ruling minority party, they have collapsed the American economy twice, run up the largest deficits in history, seen the wealth and wage gap between the top 10% of the population and the working and middle class has widened to the point where the top 10% now receive 80% of the income. 40% of workers require social assistance to live.

The wealthy have seized control of the government and they are running it for their benefit. The American people are sick, unemployed and broke - again. All as a result of the policies of a party which is now running on a platform of taking away health care in a pandemic, and NOTHING ELSE.

And you're here posting about the unfairness of attacking Donald Trump on his covid response, and crowing about a senior senator in one of the states which is being swamped with corona virus cases and deaths engaging in insult comedy routine with a national reporter?

Ted Cruz should be in the senate getting money for his state, and promoting good public health policy to stop the spread of the virus.

The election is being fought on Trump's record of death, disease, and debt, not who can get the best shots in. Grow up, you stupid dolt.

Its why these dumb asses love Trump so much.

He's the ultimate troll.

These idiots think he did great last night.

They're in for a WHOPPING suprise come November 3rd though.

#LOLGOP #TooFunny #CLASSIC

Trump told his staff that he "killed" the debate. That nobody would vote for Biden after that. I'm surprised someone didn't bring out a straight jacket, administer a shot to restrain Trump, and took him off stage.

Why someone hasn't removed this maniac from office for the safety of the country is beyond me. How can any sane, reasonable person vote for Donald Trump. He's not well, and that's being charitable.

Forum List

Back