Technically, aren't both sides right?

Pedro de San Patricio

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2015
California
When partisan Republicans encounter us, they attack us as radical leftist crypto-Communists. When partisan Democrats encounter us, they attack us as radical right wing crypto-Fascists. And aren't they both technically right, from their own perspective? The farther you move from the center, the farther the other way the center becomes from you. Go far enough and the center looks pretty fucking extreme.

When partisan Republicans encounter us, they attack us as radical leftist crypto-Communists. When partisan Democrats encounter us, they attack us as radical right wing crypto-Fascists. And aren't they both technically right, from their own perspective? The farther you move from the center, the farther the other way the center becomes from you. Go far enough and the center looks pretty fucking extreme.
The center slits their own throat, by being silent.

Imho - you are 100% correct. But don't let they discourage you. The extremists make a lot of noise, but the center calls the shots.

Don't be fooled. We decide elections
Yes, but you sure as damn well aren't voting for anyone you particularly like. You vote for the lesser of two evils.

This is much more true of the extremist. Because their candidates are weeded out sooner.
You don't have candidates in the race, obviously.
This is very true. It's between the most right-wing Republican the US can stomach and the most left-wing Democrat the US is willing to give a shot. If the Republican is too right-wing, he's going to say and do enough crazy shit to build the case against himself for why he deserves no hope of winning. If the Democrat is too left-wing, he's going to say and do enough things to make it obvious that he shouldn't be trusted with any amount of power in a country he hates. No member of any other party can be allowed to run a serious campaign. No member of any other party can be authorized to make pilgrimage to 740 Park Avenue to beg for the blessings of those people who decide the election.

Yes, but you sure as damn well aren't voting for anyone you particularly like. You vote for the lesser of two evils.

This is much more true of the extremist. Because their candidates are weeded out sooner.

My sig of Paintmyhouse's position on things tells you he is not worth the time =) He's not extreme, his silly stupid.
I'm your sig? What's it say, I block them.

My sig of Paintmyhouse's position on things tells you he is not worth the time =) He's not extreme, his silly stupid.
"I'm a Liberal Elite, in a nation founded by Liberal Elites. If you would turn on your head you'd get that.And the best form of government would be a Benevolent Dictatorship. Then we could really get some shit done."

From a good while back, you simply repeat the dumb ass comment all the time.

I get that a Dictator would "get things done." It's where ever single one of them fails that gets millions killed, a country destroyed and they themselves end up dead. Somehow you skimmed over that part of history... It's quite strange.

Just listen to how you talk, you're clearly not highly intelligent yet you believe you should be dictating how others live... I doubt doubt you have financial success, I don't care if you do or don't... But there are more than plenty of people who have made millions and billions that are dumb as chit and everyone around them knows it.

You're arrogant, and it would be one thing if you had some reason to be, instead people that "debate" with you see you more as a self centered angry child, but your old... and ignorant.

Anyways =D

Tbh, I set him on ignore as soon as I noticed his claims that the US belongs to his party. Like, the nation itself and everything in it is his property.
Ignore away, all pussies do.

like you ignore sigs?

YOU'RE A VAAGIIIINA~
Sigs and avatars annoy me. Unlike the pussies here, I don't ignore people.

"I'm a Liberal Elite, in a nation founded by Liberal Elites. If you would turn on your head you'd get that.And the best form of government would be a Benevolent Dictatorship. Then we could really get some shit done."
Like it.

This is very true. It's between the most right-wing Republican the US can stomach and the most left-wing Democrat the US is willing to give a shot. If the Republican is too right-wing, he's going to say and do enough crazy shit to build the case against himself for why he deserves no hope of winning. If the Democrat is too left-wing, he's going to say and do enough things to make it obvious that he shouldn't be trusted with any amount of power in a country he hates. No member of any other party can be allowed to run a serious campaign. No member of any other party can be authorized to make pilgrimage to 740 Park Avenue to beg for the blessings of those people who decide the election.
ONly because you keep giving them your vote.

That is the problem. The hyper partisans will vote for anything that bears the party standard. The center is then given the option between the two people the partisans put up. The R's would immediately elect Obama if he suddenly had an R next to his name. Until the electorate realizes that the ultimate power lies with THEM and this is not a game involving 2 sides with a winner and a loser our system will remain broken.

Pedro, you are too spot on to be permitted more time/space.

New Topics

Forum List

Back