Teaneck N.J.

Rocko

Platinum Member
Gold Supporting Member
Aug 30, 2011
NY
That’s where I go jogging. Votee park. It’s an extremely diverse town. There are Jews, blacks, Hispanics, Arabs, whites, and Indians who live there. It’s also very peaceful as far I’ve seen. Never heard of any interracial violence or anything in that town. While the town is diverse and peaceful, everyone segregates from each other and basically ignoreS each other in peace. I’ve seen it almost everyday this summer. So if all these groups do is ignore each other then please explain to me why diversity is such a benefit.

I saw a scientific study on the history channel or maybe discovery channel, done on rats.

There were white colored rats and black colored rats, and it begins with a brood of white rats, that grew up with only white rats around them, even from other families.

A foreign white rat was introduced in to the area with them.

They accepted this white rat, in to their community, like she or he was Their sister or brother.

Then the next experiment, they introduced a new black rat to their community, and these rats shunned it, and were darn right mean and wicked towards this black colored rat.

Then they repeated this experiment with a brood of black rats, never knowing any white rats when young and growing up,

And they did the exact same things When a rat of a different color, and a rat of the same color, were introduced as the previous white group of rats. They were mean as heck towards the rat of a different color, then how they were raised.

------

The last group of experiments were with groups of white rats, that were raise from babies in their community with another black rat family.

The white rats were put in this experiment area, and a new foreign white rat, they accepted him or her.

Then this time, when the new foreign black rat was introduced to the white brood, they ACCEPTED him as well...

Repeated experiment with black rat brood, and they too, this time... accepted the white rat.

-------

The hypothesis is that if we had diversity, from the get go.... birth through adulthood....then we wouldn't continue to only hang with or accept, only people of our own color.... we could literally become color blind...impervious to another human's color.

That’s where I go jogging. Votee park. It’s an extremely diverse town. There are Jews, blacks, Hispanics, Arabs, whites, and Indians who live there. It’s also very peaceful as far I’ve seen. Never heard of any interracial violence or anything in that town. While the town is diverse and peaceful, everyone segregates from each other and basically ignoreS each other in peace. I’ve seen it almost everyday this summer. So if all these groups do is ignore each other then please explain to me why diversity is such a benefit.
What you saw is typical. I lived in a very diverse area of Southern California. Very peaceful. But there was no neighborliness going on either. No chatting on the front porch. The children didn't even play together. We had an earthquake that sent frightened people out into the street. Without talking to one another. There was no checking up on others. It's quite strange to someone unfamiliar with segregation in place.

What you saw is typical. I lived in a very diverse area of Southern California. Very peaceful. But there was no neighborliness going on either. No chatting on the front porch. The children didn't even play together. We had an earthquake that sent frightened people out into the street. Without talking to one another. There was no checking up on others. It's quite strange to someone unfamiliar with segregation in place.

Right. So why is diversity considered such a good thing? I’m at a loss in considering a benefit

Diversity is a benefit. People mix. I was born in Teaneck. Holy Name Hospital on Teaneck Road, to be exact. I played in the park with the pond next to the Dairy Queen and went to the dentist off of Cedar Lane. Go and mix it up! Remember the Isley Brothers. Teaneck is a great American town. I have the memories, like the Rialto and the Queen Anne. You are just not partaking in its benefits. Lighten up.

I saw a scientific study on the history channel or maybe discovery channel, done on rats.

There were white colored rats and black colored rats, and it begins with a brood of white rats, that grew up with only white rats around them, even from other families.

They accepted this white rat, in to their community, like she or he was Their sister or brother.

Then the next experiment, they introduced a new black rat to their community, and these rats shunned it, and were darn right mean and wicked towards this black colored rat.

Then they repeated this experiment with a brood of black rats, never knowing any white rats when young and growing up,

And they did the exact same things When a rat of a different color, and a rat of the same color, were introduced as the previous white group of rats. They were mean as heck towards the rat of a different color, then how they were raised.

------

The last group of experiments were with groups of white rats, that were raise from babies in their community with another black rat family.

The white rats were put in this experiment area, and a new foreign white rat, they accepted him or her.

Then this time, when the new foreign black rat was introduced to the white brood, they ACCEPTED him as well...

Repeated experiment with black rat brood, and they too, this time... accepted the white rat.

-------

The hypothesis is that if we had diversity, from the get go.... birth through adulthood....then we wouldn't continue to only hang with or accept, only people of our own color.... we could literally become color blind...impervious to another human's color.
As i look at the White Rat Biden running for President, he seems to change his views like the wind changes direction. All to the left of course. The boss rats control the rest. They promote what is good for all except them. A boss black rat was just buried. He promoted what was good for himself also. But it wasn't always so. He bled with his brothers before he became better then them.

Diversity is a benefit. People mix. I was born in Teaneck. Holy Name Hospital on Teaneck Road, to be exact. I played in the park with the pond next to the Dairy Queen and went to the dentist off of Cedar Lane. Go and mix it up! Remember the Isley Brothers. Teaneck is a great American town. I have the memories, like the Rialto and the Queen Anne. You are just not partaking in its benefits. Lighten up.

Lighten up?

Anyway, my observation growing up in nyc is that groups tend to self segregate. I mean people do mix and are mixing more and more these days, but for the most part, for whatever reason, groups stick with their own. I mean go to votee park almost everyday and today it dawned on me that I’ve never seen any of these diverse groups interact

The issue is how people perceive the meaning of diversity. They think diversity means you have to have a black woman, a Hispanic guy, an Asian man, a guy dude, a white woman, etc. basically a wide swath of people whose differences are almost solely their physical appearance. That, of course, is faulty thinking. You can have ten white guys in a room and have a very diverse crowd. It's experiences, origins, education, socio-economic backgrounds that truly drive diversity. Yes, race and gender can play a role to shape those aspects, but it's not the sole qualification.

------

-------

According to several black posters on this site, being "color blind" is a form of racism.

Lighten up?

Anyway, my observation growing up in nyc is that groups tend to self segregate. I mean people do mix and are mixing more and more these days, but for the most part, for whatever reason, groups stick with their own. I mean go to votee park almost everyday and today it dawned on me that I’ve never seen any of these diverse groups interact

If it weren't for this damned pandemic, having to wear a mask and stay six feet apart, I'd say get your church, synagogue, or mosque to hold a barbecue, a fundraiser for charity, or a block party . It's too bad that Independence Day has gone by. That used to be a great time when I was growing up. You can think of something to get your community together. Be a leader in your community.

I wish I could tell you. Diversity sounds beautiful on the face of it. But people don't work that way in practice. The civic leaders in my town take a knee to diversity. They hire wide diverse groups of ethnicities. No matter they can't speak English or do their jobs competently. This is why I left the democratic party, they are enabling demagogues and they don't care who or what harm they do to get reelected.

The issue is how people perceive the meaning of diversity. They think diversity means you have to have a black woman, a Hispanic guy, an Asian man, a guy dude, a white woman, etc. basically a wide swath of people whose differences are almost solely their physical appearance. That, of course, is faulty thinking. You can have ten white guys in a room and have a very diverse crowd. It's experiences, origins, education, socio-economic backgrounds that truly drive diversity. Yes, race and gender can play a role to shape those aspects, but it's not the sole qualification.

Yes, that's true, but even though you're talking about diversity, you're actually looking at those ten white guys as Individuals rather than members of groups, based solely on their skin color. Few approach the conversation in that manner.

I find that advocates for diversity perpetuate racism because they don't typically do that. Advocates for diversity tend to focus on race because this encourages the electorate to view Individuals as members of groups rather than as Individuals.

As collectivists, racists think only in terms of groups.

That's a good post, though, could be expanded on.

"Diversity," as I understand it, means that all ethnicities, genders, religions, sexualities , etc. should be represented in employment, government positions, sports, entertainment, etc.

It does NOT refer to personal social matters.

I wish I could tell you. Diversity sounds beautiful on the face of it. But people don't work that way in practice. The civic leaders in my town take a knee to diversity. They hire wide diverse groups of ethnicities. No matter they can't speak English or do their jobs competently. This is why I left the democratic party, they are enabling demagogues and they don't care who or what harm they do to get reelected.

Who takes a knee to diversity? Who does not do their jobs competently? I was an independent, but now I vote strictly Democratic because the republican party has become a right-wing fascist party full of racist, misogynist, homophobic religious-cult types, so it is thoroughly unacceptable. The republican party is just cheap trash now. It was not this way in the past. What happened? My parents voted mostly republican. Where did all this dirt come from?

Forum List

Back