Teaching a balanced view of the Holocaust in Texas

I accept that it can be difficult to agree on historical events when a percentage of the population lives in a bubble.
But in this instance there is no serious historical expert who doesnt believe that this event happened. Not one.
The only people who doubt it are lunatics and folk who have their own political axe to grind. Their views should not be given any weight at all.
Some of the responses here have been pretty interesting, dancing around what they seem to want to say without saying it. Vague support for this madness without crossing a line.

You'd think that, rather than self-identify for us like this, they just wouldn't say ANYTHING.

There is no such thing as a Palestinian. I stand by that. It is a made up term. The real Palestinians are Jews. Do you even know the origin of the word? When the Romans conquered Judea, they named it Palestine because the Hebrews primary enemy were the Philistines and Rome wanted to stick it to Judea. All the people from that area are Palestinians. That would be like calling Americans and Mexicans and Canadians, North Americans.

I acknowledge that there are Arabs and they should not suffer because their ancestors made unwise decisions. That being said every mostly Islamic country is a humanitarian and or an economic disaster.
This thread is not about fraud. I would get thread banned, or my post deleted if I answered your bullshit. I suggest they do that to you.
It will never happen here because of his politics.

As long as a person supports Islamists, they can do anything they want here.

It's those who oppose the Islamist agenda who have to watch themselves.

Some of the responses here have been pretty interesting, dancing around what they seem to want to say without saying it. Vague support for this madness without crossing a line.

You'd think that, rather than self-identify for us like this, they just wouldn't say ANYTHING.
Or, maybe we don't want to shut down open discourse, like you authoritarians.

For once words fail me.Right wing lunacy has seen all sorts of nonsense dragged into the classroom. For example trying to debunk Darwin. But this seems quite dangerous to me.

I wonder if its just boneheadism or if there is a more sinister movement behind this.
Intresting that they are required to find a book with an opposing view! What could you ever find that was a plus about the Holocaust?

Why do we need to make laws like this? The news & this board was filled a while ago with info about teaching only good stuff from history & the conversation was started in Texas.

For once words fail me.Right wing lunacy has seen all sorts of nonsense dragged into the classroom. For example trying to debunk Darwin. But this seems quite dangerous to me.

I wonder if its just boneheadism or if there is a more sinister movement behind this.
the Holacaust isn’t wildly debated or currently controvisal so the law requiring balance perspectives isn’t triggered

sounds like the school official should resign for being an idiot for thinking so

I was going to post that part of the article but you beat me to it glad to see at least one other person actually read it.
I was recently busted on another board for NOT reading a link that I posted.
I'm trying to decide how to determine how much of each article I read is truthful/accurate and how much of it is questionable. For too many years I made little attempt to confront my confirmation bias. Maybe it's not too late?

I think if you open your eyes and ditch the lib hysteria you will find that 99.99% of trump voters agree with you that the Holocaust was an evil event
The ones who actually admit it happened, anyway. Remember, we are talking about Trump supporters.

The ones who actually admit it happened, anyway. Remember, we are talking about Trump supporters.
well, some people might say that hitler just wanted to make germany great again, and had to implement some desperately needed measures to defend germans from being taken over by communists and other parasitic elements. he had the guts to attempt to do what the deep weimar state politicians couldn't. he also had great rallies and never won a majority.

well, some people might say that hitler just wanted to make germany great again, and had to implement some desperately needed measures to defend germans from being taken over by communists and other parasitic elements. he had the guts to attempt to do what the deep weimar state politicians couldn't. he also had great rallies and never won a majority.
Yes, some of those people showed up at the Unite the Right rally with torches.

I do have to admit that you are certainly a moron, anyway.

tTy reading some John Stuart Mill or John Rawls and then get back to me, o.k., ignoramus?
Why would anyone want to do that? Someone turned your brains to tapioca. Was it those two?

Why would anyone want to do that? Someone turned your brains to tapioca. Was it those two?
You are a profoundly ignorant little boy, aren't you? They just so happen to be the two most influential liberal political philosophers of the 19th and 20th centuries.

You should quit before you embarrass yourself any further.

Forum List

Back