Teacher penalizes students for saying "bless you"

Dont Taz Me Bro

Diamond Member
Staff member
Senior USMB Moderator
Gold Supporting Member
Nov 17, 2009
Las Vegas, Nevada
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A Northern California teacher says he doesn't want to hear a common courtesy in his classroom.

He's even lowering students' grades if they say "bless you" after someone sneezes.

Steve Cuckovich says the practice is disrespectful and disruptive. He's banned saying "bless you" in his high school health class in Vacaville.

He even knocked 25 points from one student's grade for saying the phrase in class.

Cuckovich says the policy has nothing to do with religion, but says the phrase is just a outdated practice and disrupts class time.

Teacher penalizes students for saying "bless you" | abc30.com

Given California's fiscal woes, I'll bet there are plenty of unemployed teachers who are far more qualified to teach than this ass hat.

Damn, I wonder what the punishment is for the old school, traditional "God Bless You"?

This assbonnet would probably flunk you.

Some teachers are like some doctors whom are like some lawyers whom are like some politicians, etc.,.....they don't know their ass from a hole in the ground.

FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A Northern California teacher says he doesn't want to hear a common courtesy in his classroom.

He's even lowering students' grades if they say "bless you" after someone sneezes.

Steve Cuckovich says the practice is disrespectful and disruptive. He's banned saying "bless you" in his high school health class in Vacaville.

He even knocked 25 points from one student's grade for saying the phrase in class.

Cuckovich says the policy has nothing to do with religion, but says the phrase is just a outdated practice and disrupts class time.

Given California's fiscal woes, I'll bet there are plenty of unemployed teachers who are far more qualified to teach than this ass hat.
Anything goes in some areas. Beside this article, there is this list:

Ravi did say she has lots of friends that are teachers.

I started this in religion and ethics.

Mods???

My question was: Did the student who sneezed also get in trouble for being 'disruptive'?

The teacher was made to withdraw the reprimand but insists that he will find other ways to punish students who say "bless you" or otherwise indicate a belief in a diety. This isn't a teacher, this is a warrior for atheism.

The teacher was made to withdraw the reprimand but insists that he will find other ways to punish students who say "bless you" or otherwise indicate a belief in a diety. This isn't a teacher, this is a warrior for atheism.

I think asshole more or less covers it.

I SUSPECT it's not content that bothers him.

It's the fact that when some kid sneezes some other kid distrupts the class to say ANYTHING.

Just a guess of course, but if you've taught you know how some kids will play these games designed to disrupt the lesson.

It's always good to see an educator with their priorities in order.:cuckoo:

Anything goes in some areas. Beside this article, there is this list:

because sex crimes are just like being an idiot who has a problem with "bless you".

:cuckoo:

If the children dressed up like strippers the teacher would say nothing, say bless you and oh lord all hell is breaking loose.

right! IF the children dressed like strippers, you haven't been to a high school lately. Not even that, junior high. There is no dress code. The boys' cracks show, the girls' boobs. No wonder they get out in the job world and have no clue how to dress properly. If I'd have shown up wearing what the girls wear now a days I'd have been sent home to change and probably been grounded and spanked at the same time.

If the children dressed up like strippers the teacher would say nothing, say bless you and oh lord all hell is breaking loose.

right! IF the children dressed like strippers, you haven't been to a high school lately. Not even that, junior high. There is no dress code. The boys' cracks show, the girls' boobs. No wonder they get out in the job world and have no clue how to dress properly. If I'd have shown up wearing what the girls wear now a days I'd have been sent home to change and probably been grounded and spanked at the same time.

Nowadays the boys can wear high heels and dress like girls, a gay boy who was shot by a classmate in Ventura California regularly used to come to school wearing make up, high heels and dressed as a female, last time I was near a high school I saw girls with belly botton piercing dressed in leather outfits, our schools are fucked.

New Topics

Forum List

Back