Tea Party Values Going Global and Gaining Support

PLYMCO_PILGRIM

Gold Member
Jul 3, 2009
America's Home Town
tea parties going global - Bing

For those of you who wished we were going away I apologize but we are growing in numbers every day.

The MSM's distortions and lies aren't working as good as I thought they were. :).

Hell 28% of america now considers themselves part of the movement More Than One-Quarter Of Americans Are Tea Party Supporters (POLL)

Go ahead and keep talking smack, it appears to be making us stronger not weaker.

A WHOLE 1/4????? Wow, just how far in the toilet WERE your support numbers BEFORE???

For those of you who wished we were going away I apologize but we are growing in numbers every day.

The MSM's distortions and lies aren't working as good as I thought they were. :).

Hell 28% of america now considers themselves part of the movement More Than One-Quarter Of Americans Are Tea Party Supporters (POLL)

Go ahead and keep talking smack, it appears to be making us stronger not weaker.

A WHOLE 1/4????? Wow, just how far in the toilet WERE your support numbers BEFORE???

When we started last april we were in the 8-10% range. Now a full 28% of the country identifies as tea party....same as identify as liberal/conservative. Not too shabby i guess.

Next time I post a thread on it the nubmers will be over 30%.

Funny part is our numbers only started to grow when hollywood, pelosi, and the MSM started to make fun of us.

First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win -Ghandi

to read your posts, you'd think that the tea parties had more than 20-25% approval.

kind of like the ron paul types who kept talking about how he was going to be president.

:eusa_whistle:

So eventually you'll replace the Republican party...and all your work will be for naught since you haven't distinguished yourself.

Don't get me wrong...I'd love a new party that had some balls. Socially progressive, fiscally conservative. Gays = ok, Government waste = bad.

But until your movement distinguishes yourself more than just "anti-gubbmint" you're only replacing the GOP.

To some, 1/4 of the country supporting the Tea Party movement may not seem like much. But, look at the larger picture. The movement is only one year old. It is gaining momentum, while poll numbers for the Democratic Party, Republcan Party, and President Obama are falling. More Americans support the efforts of the Tea Party than the efforts of Congress. Tea Party members represent a silent majority of the people who are no longer willing to stand by while elected officials corrupt our government. They want to restore principles that have been forgotten. Who could disagree with this?

With that said, if the Tea Party simply endorses the Republican party or becomes a third party then they lose credibility. The significance of the movement is to promote principles, not a party.

Last edited:

28% also still loved them some Dubya at the end of his term. Coincidence? :eusa_eh:

I for one hope it grows and grows, only then can we take our government back, along with our rights as citizens

Take it back to what? The Bush administration? Really? Because you didn't exist, nor did we hear a PEEP out of you until the present administration was elected. Thus, I still consider you all sour grapes fools. Fighting the good fight for corporations does not a grass roots movement make.

The notion that there was some golden age of values that just needs to be rediscovered seems silly to me.

The notion that there was some golden age of values that just needs to be rediscovered seems silly to me.

I know. They want to take it back to what???? A third world country, is what it sounds like to me... Besides, they damn near got us us there in the first place, starting with Reagan and ending with shrub. I wish we could take those years back. Imagine what this country would look like without Reagan, Bush I and shrub... Imagine where we could be! Clinton had good and bad parts to his admin. Don't know what to do w/him. He did sign off on the disaster that was NAFTA...

Oh to take away Reagan through Bush, Lets see.....

Oh for one we would have somewhere in the neighborhood of 70% Top Marginal Tax Rate
......Interest Rates in the 30% range.... and thats just for starters. What you hypocritical Lib's keep forgetting is that Reagan was good for this country.

And what I meant by taking our Country back, is to say that I would like us to have the ability to be responsible for ourselves in our own lives. I am sick and tired of the "Gubbmint" wanting more and more from all of us. And yes that includes even you lib's

Oh for one we would have somewhere in the neighborhood of 70% Top Marginal Tax Rate
......Interest Rates in the 30% range.... and thats just for starters. What you hypocritical Lib's keep forgetting is that Reagan was good for this country.

And what I meant by taking our Country back, is to say that I would like us to have the ability to be responsible for ourselves in our own lives. I am sick and tired of the "Gubbmint" wanting more and more from all of us. And yes that includes even you lib's

Reagan was our worst modern president as he made Bush Jr possible and started the decline of the middle class.

OpEdNews - Article: Ronald Reagan: Worst President Ever?

"....there's a growing realization that the starting point for many of the catastrophes confronting the United States today can be traced to Reagan's presidency. There's also a grudging reassessment that the "failed"- presidents of the 1970s--Richard Nixon, Gerald Ford and Jimmy Carter--may deserve more credit for trying to grapple with the problems that now beset the country."

"There is no historical evidence that tax cuts spur economic growth. The highest period of growth in U.S. history (1933-1973) also saw its highest tax rates on the rich: 70 to 91 percent. During this period, the general tax rate climbed as well, but it reached a plateau in 1969, and growth slowed down five years later. Almost all rich nations have higher general taxes than the U.S., and they are growing faster as well." Tax cuts spur economic growth
The Idolatry of Ideology-Why Tax Cuts Hurt the Economy by Russ Beaton

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Invisible-Hands-Making-Conservative-Movement/dp/0393059308/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1247845984&sr=1-1]Amazon.com: Invisible Hands: The Making of the Conservative Movement from the New Deal to Reagan (9780393059304): Kim Phillips-Fein: Books[/ame] "Historian Phillips-Fein traces the hidden history of the Reagan revolution to a coterie of business executives, including General Electric official and Reagan mentor Lemuel Boulware, who saw labor unions, government regulation, high taxes and welfare spending as dire threats to their profits and power. From the 1930s onward, the author argues, they provided the money, organization and fervor for a decades-long war against New Deal liberalism—funding campaigns, think tanks, magazines and lobbying groups, and indoctrinating employees in the virtues of unfettered capitalism."

Rasmussen has interesting numbers and who these folks are that are considering themselves part of tea party movement.

Tea Party Profile: Many Ways To Describe A Movement - Rasmussen Reports

...New data from Rasmussen Reports national telephone surveying provides some glimpses into the Tea Party movement:

· Among those who are part of the movement, 89% disapprove of the way that Barack Obama is handling his job as president. That figure includes 82% who Strongly Disapprove.

· Only four percent (4%) believe the nation is heading in the right direction, while 96% believe it is off on the wrong track.

· Ninety-four percent (94%) believe the federal government has become a special interest group that looks out primarily for its own interests. That view is held by 67% of all voters nationwide.

· Seventy-four percent (74%) believe that government and big business work together in ways that hurt consumers and investors. That’s very close to the national average. Sixty-nine percent (69%) of all voters hold that view.

· Ninety-six percent (96%) of those in the Tea Party movement believe America is overtaxed.

· By a 94%-to-one-percent (1%) margin, those in the Tea Party movement trust the judgment of the American people more than America’s political leaders. At the other extreme, among those who don’t know anybody in the Tea Party movement, 54% trust the people, and 24% trust the politicians.

· Eighty percent (80%) in the Tea Party movement are white. Six percent (6%) are African-American.

· Fifty-five percent (55%) of those in the Tea Party movement are Republicans, 14% Democrats. Keep in mind that 75% of Republican voters say that GOP leaders are out of touch with the party’s base.

· Seventy-eight percent (78%) are politically conservative. Other research has shown that more than 40% of conservatives nationwide do not consider themselves Republicans.

· On the Generic Congressional Ballot, 78% say they’ll vote for a Republican. Seven percent (7%) prefer a Democrat....

To some, 1/4 of the country supporting the Tea Party movement may not seem like much. But, look at the larger picture. The movement is only one year old. It is gaining momentum, while poll numbers for the Democratic Party, Republcan Party, and President Obama are falling. More Americans support the efforts of the Tea Party than the efforts of Congress. Tea Party members represent a silent majority of the people who are no longer willing to stand by while elected officials corrupt our government. They want to restore principles that have been forgotten. Who could disagree with this?

With that said, if the Tea Party simply endorses the Republican party or becomes a third party then they lose credibility. The significance of the movement is to promote principles, not a party.

Amen.

Reagan was our worst modern president as he made Bush Jr possible and started the decline of the middle class.

OpEdNews - Article: Ronald Reagan: Worst President Ever?

"....there's a growing realization that the starting point for many of the catastrophes confronting the United States today can be traced to Reagan's presidency. There's also a grudging reassessment that the "failed"- presidents of the 1970s--Richard Nixon, Gerald Ford and Jimmy Carter--may deserve more credit for trying to grapple with the problems that now beset the country."

"There is no historical evidence that tax cuts spur economic growth. The highest period of growth in U.S. history (1933-1973) also saw its highest tax rates on the rich: 70 to 91 percent. During this period, the general tax rate climbed as well, but it reached a plateau in 1969, and growth slowed down five years later. Almost all rich nations have higher general taxes than the U.S., and they are growing faster as well." Tax cuts spur economic growth
The Idolatry of Ideology-Why Tax Cuts Hurt the Economy by Russ Beaton

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Invisible-Hands-Making-Conservative-Movement/dp/0393059308/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1247845984&sr=1-1]Amazon.com: Invisible Hands: The Making of the Conservative Movement from the New Deal to Reagan (9780393059304): Kim Phillips-Fein: Books[/ame] "Historian Phillips-Fein traces the hidden history of the Reagan revolution to a coterie of business executives, including General Electric official and Reagan mentor Lemuel Boulware, who saw labor unions, government regulation, high taxes and welfare spending as dire threats to their profits and power. From the 1930s onward, the author argues, they provided the money, organization and fervor for a decades-long war against New Deal liberalism—funding campaigns, think tanks, magazines and lobbying groups, and indoctrinating employees in the virtues of unfettered capitalism."

Wow to sources from So Far Left Leaning Lib's it makes the Clintons look like Royalty. Give me a break. Can you find a source that hasn't continually written about Conspiracy Theories and how the evil Rich have destroyed this country? Its hard to take either one of them seriously when you look at their complete body of work and there is never an article or book, or column on anyone other than a Repulican....

Amen.

Hmmm.

Well it's pretty much a given that most of these people are going to vote Republican. So what they're doing is re-focusing the Republican party on what their group wants.

If that group wants what the majority of America wants...it'll be great for Republicans. If they're pushing an agenda that the majority of America doesn't want...it wont be great for Republicans.

Ideas over party = great philosophy for sure. But where the rubber meets the road is whether advocating your ideas will get you power.

So what's the alternative...not fighting for what you believe in? That's not what I'm saying at all. The alternative is picking your battles...so that you don't scare away newcomers.

Forum List

Back