Tea party leaders announce new federation

VaYank5150

Gold Member
Aug 3, 2009
Virginia
Memphis Tea Party founder Mark Skoda said recent media coverage had questioned whether the conservative tea parties, which number in the thousands nationwide, were too loosely organized to be politically effective in the national midterm election. He said the federation intends to convey a unified message about the tea party's brand of fiscal conservatism, which emphasizes limited government, less public spending and free markets.

Tea party leaders announce new federation - Yahoo! News

Tea Baggers: The gift that keeps on giving......to the Democrats.

You're happy about THOUSANDS of Grassroots organizations opposing the Dem agenda?

You must be a closet member of the GOP. Don't be ashamed - come out of the closet and celebrate your Inner Conservative.

:)

You're happy about THOUSANDS of Grassroots organizations opposing the Dem agenda?

You must be a closet member of the GOP. Don't be ashamed - come out of the closet and celebrate your Inner Conservative.

The best part will come only if this "federation" runs their own candidate in each and every midterm election. It will promise Democratic victories.

Most local Tea Parties are citizens groups who advocate for issues or support major party candidates - from what I have seen to date, most of the effort is to hold government accountable, not to BE the government. That can change - and if it does, I don't see it helping the Dems. Only 20% of the country self-identifies as liberals. Many Dems will be happy to see a fiscally conservative alternative without all of the gay and abortion baggage.

Memphis Tea Party founder Mark Skoda said recent media coverage had questioned whether the conservative tea parties, which number in the thousands nationwide, were too loosely organized to be politically effective in the national midterm election. He said the federation intends to convey a unified message about the tea party's brand of fiscal conservatism, which emphasizes limited government, less public spending and free markets.

Simplistic (non-realistic) solutions to very complex problems.

The cry is "do you want to pay less taxes and keep all the benefits you currently have living in America, come join the tea party".
The same as "do you want a $30,000 car for $10,000, 0 down, no interest, come to our car lot". You get there and there is no $30,000 car for $10,000.

The same is true of the tea party. They are luring people in with promises that cannot be fulfilled.

Just like the wall street slime buckets that promised 20% returns forever. The people who sucked in are broke now.

You need to live in the world the way it is not the way you wish it was.

Simplistic (non-realistic) solutions to very complex problems.

The cry is "do you want to pay less taxes and keep all the benefits you currently have living in America, come join the tea party".
The same as "do you want a $30,000 car for $10,000, 0 down, no interest, come to our car lot". You get there and there is no $30,000 car for $10,000.

The same is true of the tea party. They are luring people in with promises that cannot be fulfilled.

Just like the wall street slime buckets that promised 20% returns forever. The people who sucked in are broke now.

You need to live in the world the way it is not the way you wish it was.

Gee....and I SO thought those Tea Baggers were smarter than that....:eusa_shhh:

The best part will come only if this "federation" runs their own candidate in each and every midterm election. It will promise Democratic victories.

It's obvious you know nothing about the tea party movement.

I know that they are VERY good at splitting the "conservative" vote wherever they make their presence felt. What more do I need to know?

It's obvious the Tea party is now scaring the SHIT out of the Progressives, liberals and commies.

That seems to be all they talk about today.

Lets Roll Tea party. we've got them on the run.:clap2:

It's obvious the Tea party is now scaring the SHIT out of the Progressives, liberals and commies.

onoz_omg2.gif

I know that they are VERY good at splitting the "conservative" vote wherever they make their presence felt. What more do I need to know?

In an effort to calrify what I believe you are saying. Correct me if I am wrong.

The Tea Party may very well split the vote of those that tend to vote GOP.

On that note, this country will never move forward (in my eyes) until people stop voting to "win".

I was very turned off by our speakers "glee" that there was a fillibuster proof majority in the senate and a "super majority" overall. Our speaker should be of one that wants to find a way to serve ALL of the people, not just one group of people. She was noticebaly determined to gain that super majority, bragged about it, and, in essence, said "I want MY ideology implemented to ALL of the people".

And yes, I would certainly do my best to campaign against a super majority of all conservative lawmakers and President. It is by no means fair for anyone with a different ideology than mine to be under the "control" of a group with the ability to implement their ideology on them. I now see how it feels, and it sux. Likewise, it is creating a divide amongst the people that I have never seen in my lifetime.

People should not JUST vote for what "they want". They should consider their neighbors as well when they vote.

But I agree, I am but a dreamer.

People want "their side" to win.

Is this the best, puerile jab you have in your quiver? I've seen you make this post in several threads and about all it's good for is getting a rise out of people.

Have something substantive to add to the discussion?

Is this the best, puerile jab you have in your quiver? I've seen you make this post in several threads and about all it's good for is getting a rise out of people.

Have something substantive to add to the discussion?

Is all you ever do is Whine?
Please worry about your posting style and I'll worry about mine.
now try to have a good day.:lol:

Forum List

Back