Tax Wall Street

BDBoop

Platinum Member
Jul 20, 2011
Don't harsh my zen, Jen!
How Will We Pay for Obama's New Jobs Push? Answer: Tax Wall Street | The Nation

President Obama is right: the United States needs a jobs program that spends federal tax dollars to retain jobs, to create jobs and to put tens of millions of Americans back to work.

Unfortunately, President Obama does not have a Congress that will work with him to implement a jobs agenda.

Rather, he has a Congress that says the United States is broke.

That’s a lie. The United States is a wealthy country with immense resources. It can fund wars of whim, back bailouts and tax breaks for billionaires.

So there is money. The problem is that the money is misallocated.

But that’s not the worst of it.

The most frustrating reality of the current moment is that the federal government places too much of the tax burden on working families, small farmers and small business owners—all of whom contribute mightily to society while struggling to make ends meet—and too little on the Wall Street speculators whose greed and irresponsibility has done so much to destabilize the economy.

Here's hoping.

1% financial transaction tax and eliminate reduced capital gains rates.

A transaction tax would help curb the automatic trading programs some of these Wall Street firms have. It would cost $1 to buy stock valued at $100, but cost nothing to sell it.

President Obama is right: the United States needs a jobs program that spends federal tax dollars to retain jobs, to create jobs and to put tens of millions of Americans back to work.

Unfortunately, President Obama does not have a Congress that will work with him to implement a jobs agenda.

That’s a lie. The United States is a wealthy country with immense resources. It can fund wars of whim, back bailouts and tax breaks for billionaires.

The most frustrating reality of the current moment is that the federal government places too much of the tax burden on working families, small farmers and small business owners—all of whom contribute mightily to society while struggling to make ends meet—and too little on the Wall Street speculators whose greed and irresponsibility has done so much to destabilize the economy.

Here's hoping.

Just exactly who do you think Wall Street is?----:cuckoo::cuckoo:

Millions of American investors--including small business--Americans with 401K's--saving for retirement--Americans that save for their kids college educations--the 5 year old that Grandpa set up a college fund for--etc. etc. etc.

Americans OWN Wall Street--and they pay taxes on the investment income they earn.

Can you liberals really be this dumb?

Last edited:
tax tax tax tax tax tax tax tax tax tax tax....

If liberals EVERY came up with a ORGINAL idea that WILL NOT HURT the Taxpayers, I would friggen FAINT.

1% financial transaction tax and eliminate reduced capital gains rates.

A transaction tax would help curb the automatic trading programs some of these Wall Street firms have. It would cost $1 to buy stock valued at $100, but cost nothing to sell it.

You have any idea how much money that would make? There are like a billion trades a day. :lol:

Here's hoping.

Just exactly who do you think Wall Street is?----:cuckoo::cuckoo:

Millions of American investors--including small business--Americans with 401K's--saving for retirement--Americans that save for their kids college educations--the 5 year old that Grandpa set up a college fund for--etc. etc. etc.

Americans OWN Wall Street--and they pay taxes on the investment income they earn.

Can you liberals really be this dumb?

I was wall street..

Until June. :(

I think its a bad idea to target one specific industry, and one specific industry within an industry.

Well that "one specific industry" cost the American public big..

And they are crying like stuck pigs over the derivatives regulation.

I love how the leaching class keeps demanding more taxes.

And now im offered two whole MRE's per person after Irene hit.

If i can manage to drive a 20 mile round trip to get it.

Let me know where to send the thank you note.

I think its a bad idea to target one specific industry, and one specific industry within an industry.

Well that "one specific industry" cost the American public big..

And they are crying like stuck pigs over the derivatives regulation.

Regulate and trade derivatives on exchanges. Raise taxes on carried interest. But it is bad economics to single out one specific industry out of spite.

Forum List

Back