Tax Hike Backers Rally at State Capitol

Political Junky

Gold Member
May 27, 2009
Tax Hike Backers Rally At State Capitol, Thousands Turn Out (VIDEO)

First Posted: 04-21-10 10:58 AM | Updated: 04-21-10 02:41 PM

An estimated 15,000 people gathered at the Capitol in Springfield Wednesday calling for a tax increase that could stave off major budget cuts. The gathering, dubbed the "Save Our State" rally virtually shut down traffic around the Capitol building and is expected to be one of the largest demonstrations ever in Springfield. <more>

And somehow a couple of dozen tea party or gun nuts get more ocverage.

Funny that

Ima get my other nutjobs, grab our guns and go rally for Equal Taxes. Man I am a nutjob for wanting equality in all forms!! I bet I'm racist too because I think color doesn't matter when we pay taxes either

An estimated 15,000 people gathered at the Capitol in Springfield Wednesday calling for a tax increase that could stave off major budget cuts. The gathering, dubbed the "Save Our State" rally virtually shut down traffic around the Capitol building and is expected to be one of the largest demonstrations ever in Springfield. <more>

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

No need to rally. They can just pay more in taxes. I wonder if anyone in that crowd voluntarily pays more in taxes?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

No need to rally. They can just pay more in taxes. I wonder if anyone in that crowd voluntarily pays more in taxes?

probably not, but they talk a good game i'm sure. here's the results in mass, home of the two faced red breasted moon bat-

"We have a two-tier income tax in this state, you know. You have the option of paying either at the standard rate of 5.3 percent, or at the old, higher 5.85 percent rate.

As of Wednesday, here are this years numbers, according to the state DOR:

Of 1,840,000 state tax filers, exactly 931 have opted to pay taxes at the higher rate. That works out to one-twentieth of one percent. Think of it this way: In 2000, only 60 percent of the Massachusetts electorate voted to cut the income tax, but a decade later 99.95 percent of the population has decided to take advantage of the tax cut a lot of them claimed they didn’t want or need...."
Moonbats wing it when it comes to paying more taxes - BostonHerald.com

we still haven't gotten the full tax cut we voted for here in the cradle of liberty, btw.

:rofl:

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
Interesting.... the media reports 15,000 estimated attendees. And no one on the left questions it. Yet, any figure about the TEA Parties automatically requires 'proof'. Odd, no?

Interesting.... the media reports 15,000 estimated attendees. And no one on the left questions it. Yet, any figure about the TEA Parties automatically requires 'proof'. Odd, no?

"Thousands of protesters bused down by labor unions and social service advocates are rallying at the State Capitol in Springfield, Ill. in an attempt to pressure state lawmakers into raising the income tax to avoid more budget cuts."

they're on god's side. that makes it okay.

just ask

Springfield pro-tax rally - chicagotribune.com

Forum List

Back