Tarp vote hurting candidates

Truthmatters

Diamond Member
May 10, 2007
Republicans Suffering For 2008 Bank Bailout Vote - CBS News

Though the bailout is an issue in Democratic races, it has become more damaging for Republicans, for whom government spending is more controversial. In March, the issue contributed to veteran Sen. Kay Bailey Hutchison's resounding defeat in the Republican gubernatorial primary in Texas, where Gov. Rick Perry dubbed her "Kay 'Bailout' Hutchison."

Opinion polls show a sharp decline in public support for the government's role in stabilizing financial institutions. A survey conducted by the Pew Center for the People and the Press in February showed that only 40 percent of Americans now support the effort, and only 26 percent of Republicans.

• Banned
How would you know what I am fogettting?

I posted an article and gave no opinion

A majority of republicans voted for it according to the article and the people who dont like it are overwhelmingly republican voters

Last edited:
Your though patterns are well DOCUMENTED throughout USMB. And they are quite easy to decode.

• Banned
You are merely a hate broker.

You spew hate where there is no need for it.

The treasury dept. says we will make money on the deal, we could have made a shit load if it had been done right

Last edited:

Here's something you might understand (there is only one three syllable word):

I am rubber
You are glue
Everything you say
Bounces off me
And sticks to you

• Banned
Do you understand that Tarp is going to end up making the USA money?

Do you understand that it is just Cronyism - and the damaging aspects of the Financial Crisis are continuing to this day? $400B to bail out Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac? 15M+ Unemployed? High levels of foreclosures?

Whatever itsy bitsy amount of money the U.S. "profits" by TARP funding is vastly overshadowed by the widespread damage.

Though the bailout is an issue in Democratic races, it has become more damaging for Republicans, for whom government spending is more controversial. In March, the issue contributed to veteran Sen. Kay Bailey Hutchison's resounding defeat in the Republican gubernatorial primary in Texas, where Gov. Rick Perry dubbed her "Kay 'Bailout' Hutchison."

Opinion polls show a sharp decline in public support for the government's role in stabilizing financial institutions. A survey conducted by the Pew Center for the People and the Press in February showed that only 40 percent of Americans now support the effort, and only 26 percent of Republicans.

The way it should be. It was a sellout of principles that I think cost several Republican seats back in 2008. I voted for the libertarian rather than the republican back then. (He hadn't a prayer anyway, but still, it was one less vote)

It didn't really matter that the democrat also supported it.

And it is interesting that the leader in the fight against TARP in the house was DeFazio. (D) Oregon.

Anyway, Republicans who supported TARP need to be replaced. So do Democrats who supported TARP, supported Cap and Trade, supported 0bamacare.

The way it should be. It was a sellout of principles that I think cost several Republican seats back in 2008. I voted for the libertarian rather than the republican back then. (He hadn't a prayer anyway, but still, it was one less vote)

It didn't really matter that the democrat also supported it.

And it is interesting that the leader in the fight against TARP in the house was DeFazio. (D) Oregon.

Anyway, Republicans who supported TARP need to be replaced. So do Democrats who supported TARP, supported Cap and Trade, supported 0bamacare.

what if their voting public dont agree with you?

There is more to politics than opinion, the facts seem to miss many of you

What damage did tarp do?

It continued the push of Big Government into the private sector - and rewarded those who took stupid risks with taxpayer money.

Socializing Risk and Privatizing Profit is bad public policy.

I am rubber
You are glue
Everything you say
Bounces off me
And sticks to you

it really pains me to bring this up, but everything has four syllables.

truthsplattered therefore has no chance of decoding it.

I am rubber
You are glue
Everything you say
Bounces off me
And sticks to you

it really pains me to bring this up, but everything has four syllables.

truthsplattered therefore has no chance of decoding it.

Oops! Good catch! I stand corrected.

:)

• Thanks
Reactions: del
it kept the economy from collapsing.

Ask any economist.

It will now pay back + in funds.

regulations would have prevented its need.

What would the eonconmy be right now without it?

It's far more likely that a Dem vote for ObamaCare will be far more damaging than a GOP vote for TARP in 2008. You are also neglecting the fact that more Dems voted for TARP than did GOP members.
Though the bailout is an issue in Democratic races, it has become more damaging for Republicans, for whom government spending is more controversial.

Forum List

Back