Tammy Duckworth defeats Joe Walsh in Illinois for U.S. House seat

She's the openly gay one, isn't she? Congrats to her!

No, I don't think she is gay.

151244385.jpg.CROP.rectangle3-large.jpg

Tammy Duckworth just trounced Tea Party favorite Rep. Joe Walsh, which is to say that a half-Thai, Indonesian-speaking, double-amputee war hero who also happens to be a woman will soon represent Illinois’ 8th congressional district.

Tammy Duckworth defeats Joe Walsh: Illinois' 8th district has a new representative.

Someone was..according to Twitter, someone named Tammy won and she is said to be openly gay.

No, that's Tammy Baldwin of Wisconsin.

This Tammy was in the Army and lost both her legs to a helicopter accident. She also worked for the Prez in some kind of veterans affairs capacity.

Oh yeah, she's also the first - and likely only - member of Congress I know personally (kinda).

:D

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l7L32HsTddA]Joe Walsh - Lifes Been Good - YouTube[/ame]

You're thinking of Tammy Baldwin, the Senate Candidate from Wisconsin.

Tammy Duckworth is a Lt. Col. in the Illinois National Guard, who had a helicopter shot down in Iraq and lost both of her legs.

She was Director of Veterans Affairs for IL, and then Assistant Sec. of Veterans Affairs before running for congress.

Duckworth vs Walsh

No brainer

You weren't here trying to get out the vote.

I had a few people swear in my ears when they found out I was trying to get votes for Duckworth.

We still won, though.

You have got to be kidding me

How could anyone in their right mind support Walsh?

Unfortunately RW nutbags are everywhere. In 2004 there Alan Keyes yard signs by me and this is a Dem area within a GOP district.

You weren't here trying to get out the vote.

I had a few people swear in my ears when they found out I was trying to get votes for Duckworth.

We still won, though.

You have got to be kidding me

How could anyone in their right mind support Walsh?

Unfortunately RW nutbags are everywhere. In 2004 there Alan Keyes yard signs by me and this is a Dem area within a GOP district.

I don't think it was about Walsh so much as it was just trying to keep that seat Republican.

He did get about 44% of the vote in a district that was specifically drawn to get rid of him.

Also, the super-PACs dumped a crapload of money into the district to try to save him.

Forum List

Back