Talking about an Education

Player35

Mar 15, 2022
My old boss at home depot asked me what I think an education is..

I told him that an education, is education, it's not an echo chamber or a comfort zone..
It's stepping out of the comfort zone to learn about the world to learn how to function in it.

Let me ask you this, Mister blue collar..

How much do you know about the LGBTQ community?
For real..
He said not much other than the bad rhetoric.

I said.. well here..
Try these..

Here is
The New York Times on Gay and Lesbian Issues.
Here is pride, the lgbtq rights movement, a photographic journey..

Here is the Pride guide, a guide to sexual and social health for lgbtq youth.

Here is the End of Gender.. and Gender experiment.

Here is the path to gay rights..
And here is 6 documentaries on Blu ray..

Here, Get educated, I said.
Lol

He asked me why he would read and watch that..
What use does it have for him..

I told him that knowledge about others turns into respect for others..

My hands are just as calloused as yours are...
Why should my soul be?
When I die, why should my calluses come with me, for reasons other than the lumber, because I got too many already going to come with me?
Lol

Do onto others as you would have done onto you...
Your own Bible...

So here, learn about somebody else, here is an education.

And then when you get done reading that, I'll educate you about the next group that you know nothing about.

Then he asked me why he would be a carpenter, if he knew all of this..
and I said that he would be a carpenter, because he would be a better carpenter, who earns more money by being able serve more people.

:)

Last edited:

I told him that an education, is education, it's not an echo chamber or a comfort zone..
It's stepping out of the comfort zone to learn about the world to learn how to function in it.

For real..

I said.. well here..
Try these..

Here is

Lol

Why should my soul be?
When I die, why should my calluses come with me, for reasons other than the lumber, because I got too many ready going to come with me?
Lol

Your own Bible...

And then when you get done reading that, I'll educate you about the next group that you know nothing about.

and I said that he would be a carpenter, because he would be a better carpenter, who earns more money by being able serve more people.

welcome I hope you enjoy USMB and get more posts in to share a link

• Banned
PEople dont need to read propo to treat others with respect. I dont see much effort from gay community to treat others with respect.
Never been attacked or insulted by the lgbtq community unless I'm talking to one who is also, independently an asshole too.

400x400_1469719768618-thats-nice-dear-meme-jpeg.jpg

For real..

I said.. well here..
Try these..

Here is

Lol

Why should my soul be?
When I die, why should my calluses come with me, for reasons other than the lumber, because I got too many already going to come with me?
Lol

Your own Bible...

Did "Mister Blue Collar" need to know about the sexual health of lgbt youth in order to navigate his world?

You're awfully preachy, huh?

It's about understanding other people, not always having a personal use for it.

No one, and I mean NO ONE, is beholden to "understand" the sexual health (!) of people wholly unrelated to them in order to have an education.

That's sick and strange.

No one, and I mean NO ONE, is beholden to "understand" the sexual health (!) of people wholly unrelated to them in order to have an education.

That's sick and strange.
LGBTQ is a sexual orientation and a way of life, and Ronald Reagan was a bigot who knew nothing about the lgbtq community...
Millions of them died from HIV, including plenty of straight people too, because of his politics, driven by his ignorance...
His ignorance reigned because of the ignorance of the public, which was a lot more blue collar than the public is today.

Ronald Reagan was a bigot who knew nothing about the lgbtq community...
Millions of them died from HIV because of his politics, driven by his ignorance.

Reagan was an elected official elected to represent all Americans. According to this story, which I think is probably fabricated, your boss asked you (!?) what is an education (yeah right sure he did) and then you told him it is necessary for him to understand the ins and outs of the lgbt community.

Yeah?

Do you understand the sexual health of Orthodox Jews?

Reagan was an elected official elected to represent all Americans. According to this story, which I think is probably fabricated, your boss asked you (!?) what is an education (yeah right sure he did) and then you told him it is necessary for him to understand the ins and outs of the lgbt community.

Yeah?

He did not represent all Americans, he represented a privilege that no longer exists.

The ruling class status of rich, white, married, straight, christian, property or land owning, and conservative males...
Who were back then, also racists who would call interracial marriage, the "anti christ".

Yeah?

Orthodox jews and the lgbtq community are not the same.... one is a sector of a religious group and the other is a sexual orientation...

The knowledge one needs about Orthodox jews is centered around how Orthodox jews conduct their lives through their traditional beliefs and culture and the history of European and American jewry.

For real..

I said.. well here..
Try these..

Here is

Lol

Why should my soul be?
Lol

Your own Bible...

I know all I need to know about the LGBTQ community.

I have worked with a number of people from that community. In general they were excellent workers. The LGBTQ lifestyle holds no appeal for me but I have no desire to interfere with it unless it harms other people or innocent children. To me those standards also apply to members of the straight community.

Orthodox jews and the lgbtq community are not the same.... one is a sector of a religious group and the other is a sexual orientation...

The knowledge one needs about Orthodox jews is centered around how Orthodox jews conduct their lives through their traditional beliefs and culture and the history of European and American jewry.

If you just treat people with basic respect why do you need "knowledge" of every single group on earth? Or is this just YOUR group?

Honestly, if I were you boss in this scenario (that probably never happened), I would have said, that's nice, I don't pay you to "educate" me. Do your job.

Because you're not asking for equal rights here. You're asking for special rights to be "understood". That is never a guarantee and in fact, usually does not happen for many reasons. We, all of us, have to find the people who understand us. We go to work to earn a living. See?

What you DO have a right to is freedom and basic respect. And by the way, it's basically respectful to just leave people alone to do THEIR jobs without feeling the need to "educate" them on whatever issues you feel they need to learn.

If you just treat people with basic respect why do you need "knowledge" of every single group on earth? Or is this just YOUR group?

Honestly, if I were you boss in this scenario (that probably never happened), I would have said, that's nice, I don't pay you to "educate" me. Do your job.

Because you're not asking for equal rights here. You're asking for special rights to be "understood". That is never a guarantee and in fact, usually does not happen for many reasons. We, all of us, have to find the people who understand us. We go to work to earn a living. See?

What you DO have a right to is freedom and basic respect. And by the way, it's basically respectful to just leave people alone to do THEIR jobs without feeling the need to "educate" them on whatever issues you feel they need to learn.
Because this is America, we are made up all groups on earth...
And even the most homogeneous society in the world, also has lgbtq people because race, ethnicity and religion are not sexual orientations..
Sexual orientations are how people function in a sexually related manner, all other groups can also be LGBTQ.

The fact is, sexual orientation is vital to interaction and to society, and for education.

Want to know a fact you probably didn't know?

You can be both straight, and transgendered, because straight is a sexual orientation, while transgendered is a subgroup type within any sexual orientation...

The opposite of transgender is not "straight" it is cisgender.
Meaning that you can be Straight, not cisgender..
Or Straight and cisgender.

Because this is America, we are made up all groups on earth...
And even the most homogeneous society in the world, also has lgbtq people because race, ethnicity and religion are not sexual orientations..
Sexual orientations are how people function in a sexually related manner, all other groups can also be LGBTQ.

The fact is, sexual orientation is vital to interaction and to society, and for education.

Want to know a fact you probably didn't know?

You can be both straight, and transgendered, because straight is a sexual orientation, while transgendered is a subgroup type within any sexual orientation...

The opposite of transgender is not "straight" it is cisgender.
Meaning that you can be Straight, not cisgender..
Or Straight and cisgender.

I reserve the right to respect your freedom, treat you kindly, and not care at all about your sexual orientation.

Case closed.

I reserve the right to respect your freedom, treat you kindly, and not care at all about your sexual orientation.

Case closed.

The boss at work is the one who challenged me on the need for education..
And I gave him only one example out of many that I could have given him.

But this one emphasizes knowledge beyond one's own self.

Forum List

Back