Talk About The Kiss Of Death: Mitt Romney Scores Prized Endorsement From Jimmy Carter

USArmyRetired

Rookie
May 29, 2010
Yep, lol. This is not good for Obama nor Mitt with Jimmy Carter doing this on MSNBC. I think this is not totally unexpected given Mitt’s Carteresque positions on such issues as cap and trade, ethanol subsidies, government health care mandates, and man-made global warming to name but a few. One thing that struck me in the article that Carter said that I didn't know was that Bachmann worked for Carter's campaign. So what do we have here? Perry campaigning for Gore when he ran. Bachmann working for Carter. I can't wait to see the spin on this.

Jimmy Carter would be 'pleased' with nominee Romney - Alexander Burns - POLITICO.com

Last edited:
Talk about the kiss of death lol. This is not good for Obama nor Mitt with Jimmy Carter doing this on MSNBC. I think this i not totally unexpected given Mitt’s Carteresque positions on such issues as cap and trade, ethanol subsidies, government health care mandates, and man-made global warming to name but a few. One thing that struck me in the article that Carter said that I didn't know was that Bachmann worked for Carter's campaign. So what do we have here. Perry campaigning for Gore when he ran. Bachmann working for Carter. I can't wait to see the spin on this.

Jimmy Carter would be 'pleased' with nominee Romney - Alexander Burns - POLITICO.com

What's your point? People change man. Fuck I used to be a Rather Liberal Democrat. Things happen, people's perspectives change. Big deal.

Oh and you do realize Carter saying he would be pleased is not the same as an Endorsement right?

1231_hysterically_laughing.gif

• Banned
Talk about the kiss of death lol. This is not good for Obama nor Mitt with Jimmy Carter doing this on MSNBC. I think this i not totally unexpected given Mitt’s Carteresque positions on such issues as cap and trade, ethanol subsidies, government health care mandates, and man-made global warming to name but a few. One thing that struck me in the article that Carter said that I didn't know was that Bachmann worked for Carter's campaign. So what do we have here. Perry campaigning for Gore when he ran. Bachmann working for Carter. I can't wait to see the spin on this.

What's your point? People change man. Fuck I used to be a Rather Liberal Democrat. Things happen, people's perspectives change. Big deal.

Oh and you do realize Carter saying he would be pleased is not the same as an Endorsement right?
You don't understand. When you're running for office and you get affiliated with Carter, it's really bad.

Yep, lol. This is not good for Obama nor Mitt with Jimmy Carter doing this on MSNBC. I think this is not totally unexpected given Mitt’s Carteresque positions on such issues as cap and trade, ethanol subsidies, government health care mandates, and man-made global warming to name but a few. One thing that struck me in the article that Carter said that I didn't know was that Bachmann worked for Carter's campaign. So what do we have here? Perry campaigning for Gore when he ran. Bachmann working for Carter. I can't wait to see the spin on this.

I think this says it all. He's all in for Obama.:cuckoo:

Carter's kind words for the GOP only go so far, and the Georgia Democrat also said he doesn't think "anybody's going to beat Obama."

Read more: Jimmy Carter would be 'pleased' with nominee Romney - Alexander Burns - POLITICO.com

New Poll: Romney Beats Obama in General Election - By Katrina Trinko - The Corner - National Review OnlineBy Katrina Trinko
The generic Republican candidate wouldn’t beat President Obama in 2012 — 39 percent to 45 percent according to the Gallup poll from early August — but a new Gallup poll shows that one specific GOP candidate could beat Obama, while another would tie.

Among registered voters, Mitt Romney would edge out Obama narrowly, 48 percent to 46 percent. Rick Perry would tie with Obama at 47 percent. Obama would currently beat Ron Paul, 47 percent to 45 percent, and Michele Bachmann, 48 percent to 44 percent.

My money and my vote go to Mitt the only candidate that has an awesome business background and the only candidate that deals with trade and our trade deficit with China. The man knows how to create jobs because he has created thousands.

Last edited:
From your own link:

"I'm not taking a position, but I would be very pleased to see him win the Republican nomination," Carter told the MSNBC host, according to advance interview excerpts.

Carter's kind words for the GOP only go so far, and the Georgia Democrat also said he doesn't think "anybody's going to beat Obama."

He never endorsed Romney.

• Banned

New Poll: Romney Beats Obama in General Election - By Katrina Trinko - The Corner - National Review OnlineBy Katrina Trinko
The generic Republican candidate wouldn’t beat President Obama in 2012 — 39 percent to 45 percent according to the Gallup poll from early August — but a new Gallup poll shows that one specific GOP candidate could beat Obama, while another would tie.

Among registered voters, Mitt Romney would edge out Obama narrowly, 48 percent to 46 percent. Rick Perry would tie with Obama at 47 percent. Obama would currently beat Ron Paul, 47 percent to 45 percent, and Michele Bachmann, 48 percent to 44 percent.

My money and my vote go to Mitt the only candidate that has an awesome business background and the only candidate that deals with trade and our trade deficit with China. The man knows how to create jobs because he has created thousands.
Why is Romney losing in the polls to Perry? Also I think you need to think twice about him creating jobs. From the Boston Herald today:

http://www.bostonherald.com/news/regional/view.bg?articleid=1365968
The Bay State’s controversial 2006 universal health-care plan — also known as “Romneycare” — has cost Massachusetts more than 18,000 jobs, according to an exclusive blockbuster study that could provide ammo to GOP rivals of former Gov. Mitt Romney as he touts his job-creating chops on the campaign trail.

“Mandating health insurance coverage and expanding the demand for health services without increasing supply drove up costs. Economics 101 tells us that,” said Paul Bachman, research director at Suffolk University’s Beacon Hill Institute, the conservative think tank that conducted the study. The Herald obtained an exclusive copy of the findings.

“The ‘shared sacrifice’ needed to provide universal health care includes a net loss of jobs, which is attributable to the higher costs that the measure imposed,” said David Tuerck, the institute’s executive director.

From your own link:

"I'm not taking a position, but I would be very pleased to see him win the Republican nomination," Carter told the MSNBC host, according to advance interview excerpts.

He never endorsed Romney.
He wants to see him win the nomination. You see. when you're running for office and you get affiliated with Carter, it's really bad.

Why is Romney losing in the polls to Perry? Also I think you need to think twice about him creating jobs. From the Boston Herald today:

http://www.bostonherald.com/news/regional/view.bg?articleid=1365968
The Bay State’s controversial 2006 universal health-care plan — also known as “Romneycare” — has cost Massachusetts more than 18,000 jobs, according to an exclusive blockbuster study that could provide ammo to GOP rivals of former Gov. Mitt Romney as he touts his job-creating chops on the campaign trail.

“Mandating health insurance coverage and expanding the demand for health services without increasing supply drove up costs. Economics 101 tells us that,” said Paul Bachman, research director at Suffolk University’s Beacon Hill Institute, the conservative think tank that conducted the study. The Herald obtained an exclusive copy of the findings.

“The ‘shared sacrifice’ needed to provide universal health care includes a net loss of jobs, which is attributable to the higher costs that the measure imposed,” said David Tuerck, the institute’s executive director.

I have read and studied all about Mitt Romney, his mandated health care concerned 9% of the population in his state that could afford health care but chose to let you flip the bill for it. It dealt with those people. It's a state's issue and one I back because you can not legislate personal responsibility and I am flat tired of paying for other people's lack of it. I don't mind helping those that can't but I do those that can. His jobs plan is awesome, he is the ONLY candidate that will deal with China as they are eating our lunch and stealing our jobs right from under our noses. As far as Republicans, Republicans need to learn to be pragmatic, the Independents or the unaffiliated voter controls the outcome of our elections, that's a fact that we can no longer ignore, they tend to be fiscal conservatives but not so socially. They heavily favor Mitt Romney. I suggest you read about Mitt by going to his website and downloading his PDF on his jobs plan, it's awesome and it should take you about 5 hours to read and thoroughly understand. Plus, he has brought companies out of the verge of bankruptsy, turned them around, yes some were laid off, but he also created thousands of jobs. It's a very impressive record.

Mitt has also stated that he would have changed some things with his health care plan, but keep in mind he had a Democrat legislature to deal with. Also the current polling, now that the kinks have been worked out of this very complicated under-taking, show a strong approval of the health care system in Ma. Anything as complicated as health care is going to encounter problems with it's implementation etc. It is a state's issue not a federal one and he has stated loud and clear that he would repeal Obama care on his first day in office and he means it. Health care is not a one size fits all scenario. States have their different health care problems, for instance, some states have a higher diabete's incidence than others, some have a higher incidence of certian types of cancer and other illinesse's. States should handle their own health care fixes, as they know what they are and what they need.

Last edited:

You don't understand. When you're running for office and you get affiliated with Carter, it's really bad.

has he fucked as many black guys as sarah?

Report: ‘Romneycare’ a jobs killer - BostonHerald.com

I have read and studied all about Mitt Romney, his mandated health care concerned 9% of the population in his state that could afford health care but chose to let you flip the bill for it. It dealt with those people. It's a state's issue and one I back because you can not legislate personal responsibility and I am flat tired of paying for other people's lack of it. I don't mind helping those that can't but I do those that can. His jobs plan is awesome, he is the ONLY candidate that will deal with China as they are eating our lunch and stealing our jobs right from under our noses. As far as Republicans, Republicans need to learn to be pragmatic, the Independents or the unaffiliated voter controls the outcome of our elections, that's a fact that we can no longer ignore, they tend to be fiscal conservatives but not so socially. They heavily favor Mitt Romney. I suggest you read about Mitt by going to his website and downloading his PDF on his jobs plan, it's awesome and it should take you about 5 hours to read and thoroughly understand. Plus, he has brought companies out of the verge of bankruptsy, turned them around, yes some were laid off, but he also created thousands of jobs. It's a very impressive record.

Mitt has also stated that he would have changed some things with his health care plan, but keep in mind he had a Democrat legislature to deal with. Also the current polling, now that the kinks have been worked out of this very complicated under-taking, show a strong approval of the health care system in Ma. Anything as complicated as health care is going to encounter problems with it's implementation etc. It is a state's issue not a federal one and he has stated loud and clear that he would repeal Obama care on his first day in office and he means it. Health care is not a one size fits all scenario. States have their different health care problems, for instance, some states have a higher diabete's incidence than others, some have a higher incidence of certian types of cancer and other illinesse's. States should handle their own health care fixes, as they know what they are and what they need.

Mitt has my full support. I know you like Palin, so do I, I love her, but she knows as well as I do that she can not carry the independent vote and she won't win. She still has a major role to play and she is doing a great job of it. When Mitt wins I would expect to see him appoint her secretary of energy, because she is the energy expert.

I don't think it will hurt Romney (or help him). It's certainly less damaging than when the White House keeps thanking him for contributing to healthcare legislation.

Daaaaaaaaamn, you know it's bad when the worst President in US history, doesn't endorse his fellow worst President in US history.

The dem's are turnin' into a bunch o' fuckin' cartoons, to be sure.

Please please stop the bs. At this point in time we know you are someone like a Paulite who is hell bent on leather to make people hate Sarah.

Please stop this.

Yours,

td

Please please stop the bs. At this point in time we know you are someone like a Paulite who is hell bent on leather to make people hate Sarah.

Please stop this.

Yours,

td
This is not bullshit and I do not like Paul. I am a staunch supporter of Palin just as I was in 08.

Please stop this.

Yours,

td
This is not bullshit and I do not like Paul. I am a staunch supporter of Palin just as I was in 08.
I love Palin......She's a great woman for many reasons.......But there is no way in hell she should be President, PERIOD!

I love my wife......She's a great woman for many reasons.......But there is no way in hell she should be President, PERIOD!

Daaaaaaaaamn, you know it's bad when the worst President in US history, doesn't endorse his fellow worst President in US history.

The dem's are turnin' into a bunch o' fuckin' cartoons, to be sure.

honest to goodness, you have to go onto the lib websites. they are in full metal jacket meltdowns at the moment.

it's too freaking funny. go to huffpo and daily kos. we are talking they are freaking stroking at the moment.

this is too funny. they know their internal polling and they are shitting their freaking pants.

I know the internal polling. He's running at such negatives. I couldn't in my wildest dreams make up the numbers.

Axelrod sold everyone a milli vanilli. all hell is breaking loose and I love it.