Talk about biased ; Electric vs Ice

Wyatt earp

Diamond Member
Apr 21, 2012
This guy and the articles are asshole's why didn't they compare it when gas was a $ 1 buck a gallon under Trump? Why not take gas taxes into consideration???

It also requires premium gasoline, costing an average of $3.47 per gallon in his county. “To drive that BMW the same amount of miles, the fuel costs would be about $9,353. That’s about $8,000 in savings,” Andy explained.

So there we have it. Andy debunked a popular myth that EV doubters often turn to as a reason for not buying an EV.

Last edited:
The depressed price of gas in the depth of a historic recession is hardly typical of gas prices over time.

Say WTF? How old are you?
Have you forgotten why gas was cheap during the early days of the pandemic? It was because demand fell off a cliff. If you feel like giving Trump credit for the covid recession you go right ahead.

Have you forgotten why gas was cheap during the early days of the pandemic? It was because demand fell off a cliff. If you feel like giving Trump credit for the covid recession you go right ahead.
Again I ask how old are you?

I was paying under a buck a gallon under Reagen

A buck a gallon under Bush SR

A buck a gallon under Bill Clinton

A buck a gallon under Bush Jr..

This guy and the articles are asshole's why didn't they compare it when gas was a $ 1 buck a gallon under Trump? Why not take gas taxes into consideration???

It also requires premium gasoline, costing an average of $3.47 per gallon in his county. “To drive that BMW the same amount of miles, the fuel costs would be about $9,353. That’s about $8,000 in savings,” Andy explained.

So there we have it. Andy debunked a popular myth that EV doubters often turn to as a reason for not buying an EV.
If government were not subsidizing EVs with $7,500 per car I would not object andy’s logic

there are some advantages to ev’s for some people in a free market

but ev’s are not the best choice for most people at this time

Again I ask how old are you?

I was paying under a buck a gallon under Reagen

A buck a gallon under Bush SR

A buck a gallon under Bill Clinton

A buck a gallon under Bush Jr..
Adjusted for inflation gas prices have remained relatively stable for decades. It's also instructive to remind you that the president has practically no way to influence gas prices one way or another. The petroleum industry made damn sure of that.

Charging an electric vehicle in public can range in price from free to very expensive. When we recently charged a new 2022 Chevrolet Bolt at an EVgo DC fast charger (DCFC) in Bedford, NH, we discover the pricey end of the spectrum can be more than it would cost to fuel a "gas-guzzling" V8-powered muscle car.

Adjusted for inflation gas prices have remained relatively stable for decades. It's also instructive to remind you that the president has practically no way to influence gas prices one way or another. The petroleum industry made damn sure of that.
Until Biden

He only saved $8,000 if the ICE equivalent vehicle to buy was the same price as his Tesla.

Forum List

Back