Taliban stops polio vaccines for 162,000 Pakistani children

"Surprisingly, vaccination has never actually been clinically proven to be effective in preventing disease, for the simple reason that no researcher has directly exposed test subjects to diseases (nor is it possible for them to ethically do so)."

From Vaccines: know the risks
The author obviously never had the experience of living with someone who contracted poliomyelitis before Jonas Salks' polio vaccine became widely available and still hates the smell of hot wet wool. Or buried a child that died of scarlet fever before penicillin could destroy the streptococcus bacteria that caused it; or the one in 8 children who died of smallpox in the eighteenth century in Europe and Russia before Louis Pasture came along and noticed milkmaids everywhere were not ever dying of nor even contracting the disease smallpox due to having light cases of cowpox that gave them immunity and developed a simple vaccine for preventing the greater disease.

Polio has been virtually wiped out of this hemisphere thanks to Jonas Salk and another strain by Sabin. I'm not certain withdrawal of vaccines is wise.

Jonas Salk's vaccine was banned for a long time due to a bad batch which actually GAVE people polio. It was replaced with the oral polio vaccine which for many years was the sole cause of Polio in the USA. Now they are once again giving out the killed vaccine (Jonas Salk's).

"Routine smallpox vaccination among the American public stopped in 1972 after the disease was eradicated in the United States. " My last smallpox vaccine was in 1976, just before I went to Mexico. Being a military brat I had many smallpox vaccines and trust me, they hurt even today, why would you do that to your kids unless you had to?

Now they vaccinate against measles, mumps, chickenpox, all kids of childhood diseases that actually make kids stronger...

My kids never had mumps, or measles, but they had chicken pox. To tell the truth, if I had it to do over again, I think I'd rather have the measles and the mumps than autism.

You are a fucking crazy ass bitch, don't come on here bitching to us if your kids get sick.

Can I come on here bitching that my kids have autism? That they were fine until they were vacinated? That my youngest at 2 and 1/2 could talk more than he does now at almost 25?

That there was a rider on the Patriot Act at the last minute that specifically protects Ely Lily, the makers of Thermerosal from being sued specifically for causing autism? That the man who put it there retired THAT year and KNEW he was retiring when he put it there so that the enormous numbers of families of vaccinated children with autism couldn't do anything to him or his guaranteed pension?

I wish I hadn't gotten my kids vaccinated...

Did you know that at the time my son got the oral polio vaccine the only cause of polio in this country was the oral polio vaccine?

Thank God he didn't get it, nor did anyone else get it from him, but there are cases out there.

Next time do some research and stop spouting the state propaganda....

Your kids got autism from the polio vaccine? I thought you had to be born with this?

I believe my kids autism was triggered by the vaccines, since I had the whole battery done to my kids at once (stupid, I know now) I don't know which vaccines gave them autism.

The author obviously never had the experience of living with someone who contracted poliomyelitis before Jonas Salks' polio vaccine became widely available and still hates the smell of hot wet wool. Or buried a child that died of scarlet fever before penicillin could destroy the streptococcus bacteria that caused it; or the one in 8 children who died of smallpox in the eighteenth century in Europe and Russia before Louis Pasture came along and noticed milkmaids everywhere were not ever dying of nor even contracting the disease smallpox due to having light cases of cowpox that gave them immunity and developed a simple vaccine for preventing the greater disease.

Polio has been virtually wiped out of this hemisphere thanks to Jonas Salk and another strain by Sabin. I'm not certain withdrawal of vaccines is wise.

Doctors in general don't vaccinate their children. I think I'll stick with their plan, not yours. :D

Are you making shit up again Ima? :rolleyes:

I don't know if she is or not, but I know lots of professional in the autism community who will tell you that they had their kids vaccinated...question them more closely and they will admit they waited until their kids were 3 and then had the vaccines one at a time, not in batches...

However, polio immunization rates are lower than 90% in many areas of the United States due to a lack of concern with polio due to no recent experience in the United States, concerns about vaccine safety, religious objections to immunization and anti-vaccine activities.

Low immunization rates in parts of U.S. could pave way for polio outbreak

There is no polio in the US today...they only give the killed vaccine out now so even the vaccinated are not contagious.

anyone who remembers polio.....walk thru a graveyard and see the graves of the infants that died....

i remember iron lungs.....

polio was nearly eradicated...the rotary club has worked hard to provide polio vaccines all over the world....this is truly sad news

My mother in law had polio as a child...trust me, that's the ONLY reason I agreed to the oral polio vaccine even though I KNEW it was the ONLY cause of polio in the USA at the time. I'm glad that now they give out the killed vaccine. I didn't have that choice...funny, now they don't have the other choice...I guess I'm ahead of my time.

Failure to vaccinate will just result in thousands of dead kids, just like it did before there were vaccines. I can't muster up sympathy for parents whose children die of preventable diseases.

Failure to vaccinate will just result in thousands of dead kids, just like it did before there were vaccines. I can't muster up sympathy for parents whose children die of preventable diseases.

Exactly, if you have access to the shot just fucking get it there is no guarantee you won't come across someone with Polio and become infected.

It would be interesting if they stopped all vaccinations for say, 5 years and see if a) autism rates go down and b) whether anyone even gets a fucking disease.

Exactly, if you have access to the shot just fucking get it there is no guarantee you won't come across someone with Polio and become infected.

There are no guarantees in life. People have been killed by the polio vaccine. That's why the stopped the killed vaccine and went to the oral vaccine. There was one batch of the killed vaccine in which it wasn't really killed and those vaccines ended up GIVING polio to the people that received them, all of them. Then, they went to the oral vaccine and when they realized that the oral vaccine was the ONLY cause of polio in the USA, and parents complained, they finally stopped that and went back to the killed vaccines.

One mistake in that killed vaccine and we are back to polio....why even take the chance?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back