Taliban Should Kill U.S. Soldier If He Deserted

Kevin_Kennedy

Defend Liberty
Aug 27, 2008
Pfc. Bowe Bergdahl, the U.S. soldier who has been captured by the Taliban and appears in a video released this weekend by his captors, “went missing from his base in eastern Afghanistan on June 30.” The circumstances of his capture are still unknown. ABC News reports, “Defense officials said it appeared he somehow left his base in Paktika Province at night, likely accompanied by several Afghan soldiers.” On July 6, the Taliban claimed that “a drunken American soldier had come out of his garrison” and was captured by them.

On Fox News yesterday, guest Ralph Peters, a retired Army Lt. Col., urged against leaping to conclusions. “I was to stress first of all that we must wait until all of the facts are in until we make a final judgment,” Peters said, but quickly added, “He is an apparent deserter,” “he is collaborating with the enemy,” and “we know that this private is a liar.” Peters then suggested that if Bergdahl is a deserter, the Taliban should kill him:

Think Progress » Fox News Guest Ralph Peters Suggests Taliban Should Kill U.S. Soldier If He Deserted

Unbelievable.

Michelle Malkin is a Nazi that should be anal raped by a rabid goat. :cool:

Man, she spoke out in favor of Japanese American Internment in order to support her BS theory about being tough on the Arabs today. However, if it was her ass that might be risked thrown into an internment camp, you can bet she'd change her mind pretty quickly.

who can clue me in?

if the soldier left blabla bla military speak that I dont know..

if.. calm down, if this soldier actually "deserted", what would be his punishment if he was "reclaimed".

who can clue me in?

if.. calm down, if this soldier actually "deserted", what would be his punishment if he was "reclaimed".

imprisonment, i think.

who can clue me in?

imprisonment, i think.

is there precedence?

it sounds rational to me, but i cant remember soldiers of any nation being captured and then released, and then imprisoned again.

apart from soviet russian soldiers in wwII they had it baaaaaaad

who can clue me in?

imprisonment, i think.

is there precedence?

it sounds rational to me, but i cant remember soldiers of any nation being captured and then released, and then imprisoned again.

typically they survive the prison sentence.

who can clue me in?

Incarceration at Ft. Leavenworth.

for how long?

Depends. The UCMJ allows for the death penalty for deserters n a tme of war, but it is always reduced these days. I believe the wording is or such other punishment that a court martial may direct. It is Article 85 of the UCMJ.

imprisonment, i think.

is there precedence?

huh?

do we have a misunderstanding?

for a soviet russian soldier to survive the imprisonment in germany, the release after armistice, and then the subsequent imprisonment in soviet russian prisons can not be typical.

is there precedence?

huh?

for a soviet russian soldier to survive the imprisonment in germany, the release after armistice, and then the subsequent imprisonment in soviet russian prisons can not be typical.

yes we have a misunderstanding..
an american soldier put in an american military prison typically survives the sentence.

is there precedence?

huh?

There is no precedent. In the off chance that this man is found to have deserted, he would probably be given a general discharge on hs return home.

New Topics

Forum List

Back