Taliban Plans To Ban Drugs And The Media Thinks This Is Bad???

Biff_Poindexter

Diamond Member
Jun 6, 2018
USA

"After the spectacular scenes of the fall of Kabul on the weekend, the Taliban’s spokesman Zabihullah Mujahid held a press conference where — along with complaining about being kicked off Facebook; he declared that Afghanistan was going to be drug-free. “There will be no drug production, no drug smuggling. We saw today that our young people were on drugs near the walls; this was making me very, very sad that our youth are addicted,” he said.

Zabihullah’s referring to the Taliban’s opium ban in the early 2000s, seemingly one of the few successful wars on drugs -- so let’s say the Taliban make good on cleaning up their act and do force out the heroin business. What then? if you squeeze the drug business on one end, it simply reappears on another. If the poppy fields vanish from Afghanistan, junkies will still need their medicine. The United States is now enduring a fentanyl crisis; Europe’s largely managed to avoid the fentanyl crisis, partly because we’re well-supplied with Afghan heroin. But if that supply dries up, it won’t be long before someone finds a substitute."

So in the media's desperation to try to make a tragedy out of leaving Afghanistan and at least attempting to get out of the never-ending wars business; they have managed to create another crisis ---- what about the poppy fields?? They are basically saying we should have stayed in Afghanistan indefinitely because we need someone there to protect the opium....Fact of the matter is, the Taliban will still continue with opium production; but to the extent any ban on drugs occurs -- that ban will be more focused on its own population...I highly doubt it is the Taliban's responsibility to keep the world supplied with adequate amounts of opium.....

"After the spectacular scenes of the fall of Kabul on the weekend, the Taliban’s spokesman Zabihullah Mujahid held a press conference where — along with complaining about being kicked off Facebook; he declared that Afghanistan was going to be drug-free. “There will be no drug production, no drug smuggling. We saw today that our young people were on drugs near the walls; this was making me very, very sad that our youth are addicted,” he said.

Zabihullah’s referring to the Taliban’s opium ban in the early 2000s, seemingly one of the few successful wars on drugs -- so let’s say the Taliban make good on cleaning up their act and do force out the heroin business. What then? if you squeeze the drug business on one end, it simply reappears on another. If the poppy fields vanish from Afghanistan, junkies will still need their medicine. The United States is now enduring a fentanyl crisis; Europe’s largely managed to avoid the fentanyl crisis, partly because we’re well-supplied with Afghan heroin. But if that supply dries up, it won’t be long before someone finds a substitute."

So in the media's desperation to try to make a tragedy out of leaving Afghanistan and at least attempting to get out of the never-ending wars business; they have managed to create another crisis ---- what about the poppy fields?? They are basically saying we should have stayed in Afghanistan indefinitely because we need someone there to protect the opium....Fact of the matter is, the Taliban will still continue with opium production; but to the extent any ban on drugs occurs -- that ban will be more focused on its own population...I highly doubt it is the Taliban's responsibility to keep the world supplied with adequate amounts of opium.....

Several countries legally grow opium poppies for the pharmaceutical companies. That would actually help Afghani farmers.

Opium Poppy: Production & Distrubution

Poppy Scoring and Scraping Tools. Current Legal Production of Opium. Legal growing of opium for medicinal use currently takes place in India, Turkey, and Australia. Two thousand tons of opium are produced annually and this supplies the world with the raw material needed to make medicinal products. Mallinckrodt. Legal Opium Shipping Crate

Legal growing of opium for medicinal use currently takes place in India, Turkey, and Australia. Two thousand tons of opium are produced annually and this supplies the world with the raw material needed to make medicinal products.

Opium Poppy: Production & Distrubution

Poppy Scoring and Scraping Tools. Current Legal Production of Opium. Legal growing of opium for medicinal use currently takes place in India, Turkey, and Australia. Two thousand tons of opium are produced annually and this supplies the world with the raw material needed to make medicinal products. Mallinckrodt. Legal Opium Shipping Crate

Legal growing of opium for medicinal use currently takes place in India, Turkey, and Australia. Two thousand tons of opium are produced annually and this supplies the world with the raw material needed to make medicinal products.
So the Taliban should nationalize the poppy fields or have Con-Agra or some other big agra business come in?

So the Taliban should nationalize the poppy fields or have Con-Agra or some other big agra business come in?

It depends if there is a need for more pharmaceutical opium I guess.

The Afghani farmers sure can't make any money growing radishes.

Pharmaceutical companies like getting people addicted every bit as much as any drug cartel. The Taliban had worked to eradicate the market and we came in and started it back up again.

I guess this all makes sense to someone.

You liberals are such GD miserable MFs you can't live your failed lives without dope

Such poor life choices you dumb asses make

JC you fuckers don't deserve to live

The Taliban is even dropping memes on Twitter. :laughing0301:

Lol, one of the Taliban actually posted this pic.twitter.com/Xc5pxPcnip
Dr. Yoshi Matsumoto
Dr. Yoshi Matsumoto (@FrogTroubadour) August 19, 2021

taliban meme.jpg

Pharmaceutical companies like getting people addicted every bit as much as any drug cartel. The Taliban had worked to eradicate the market and we came in and started it back up again.

I guess this all makes sense to someone.

I don't think that's true.

I don't think that's true.

The Taliban enforced a ban on poppy farming via threats, forced eradication, and public punishment of transgressors. The result was a 99% reduction in the area of opium poppy farming in Taliban-controlled areas, roughly three quarters of the world's supply of heroin at the time

Opium production in Afghanistan - Wikipedia

“The abuse and diversion of prescription opioids has contributed to a national tragedy of addiction and deaths, in addition to those caused by illicit street opioids,” said Deputy Attorney General Jeffrey A. Rosen. “Today’s guilty pleas to three felony charges send a strong message to the pharmaceutical industry that illegal behavior will have serious consequences. Further, today’s convictions underscore the department’s commitment to its multi-pronged strategy for defeating the opioid crisis.”

Opioid Manufacturer Purdue Pharma Pleads Guilty to Fraud and Kickback Conspiracies

New details revealed about Purdue's marketing of OxyContin- STAT

The Taliban enforced a ban on poppy farming via threats, forced eradication, and public punishment of transgressors. The result was a 99% reduction in the area of opium poppy farming in Taliban-controlled areas, roughly three quarters of the world's supply of heroin at the time

Opium production in Afghanistan - Wikipedia

“The abuse and diversion of prescription opioids has contributed to a national tragedy of addiction and deaths, in addition to those caused by illicit street opioids,” said Deputy Attorney General Jeffrey A. Rosen. “Today’s guilty pleas to three felony charges send a strong message to the pharmaceutical industry that illegal behavior will have serious consequences. Further, today’s convictions underscore the department’s commitment to its multi-pronged strategy for defeating the opioid crisis.”

Opioid Manufacturer Purdue Pharma Pleads Guilty to Fraud and Kickback Conspiracies

New details revealed about Purdue's marketing of OxyContin- STAT

There are legit uses for opioids.

Naturally Jeffrey A. Rosen would be concerned about illegal drug use.

There are legit uses for opioids.

Naturally Jeffrey A. Rosen would be concerned about illegal drug use.

I never said there wasn't legit uses. I said there was pharmaceutical companies willing to lie about their product to get people addicted. Oxycontin is highly addictive but pharmaceutical companies denied that for years.

Just like the local dealer will do.

I never said there wasn't legit uses. I said there was pharmaceutical companies willing to lie about their product to get people addicted. Oxycontin is highly addictive but pharmaceutical companies denied that for years.

Just like the local dealer will do.

You know I'm older than dirt and so are most of my friends. I could count on my fingers and toes the active 80 year old ladies who take Oxy every day.

I don't need it yet to stay active..

You know I'm older than dirt and so are most of my friends. I could count on my fingers and toes the active 80 year old ladies who take Oxy every day.

I don't need it yet to stay active..
Those females should be boycotted for not having learned all that much during their lifespan.

Biff_Poindexter
If I remember right they did the same when they had control of Afghanistan before. They don't like drugs and will burn all those poppy fields.

The Taliban plans to make trillions off of the Lithium deposits with their help of their Chinese buddies and the stupidity of the Joe Dufus emission standards.

It is like all three of them are in on this together, huh?

The Chinese make the Dufus family rich.

Dufus passes the emission standards.

Dufus doesn't do jackshit about the Taliban taking over the country.

Chinese ally with the Taliban and get the contracts for the Lithium to make the batteries to meet the Dufus emission standards.

Profit for everybody.

Those females should be boycotted for not having learned all that much during their lifespan.

Most of them had successful businesses before they retired and a couple of them still work three-four hours a day..

The Taliban plans to make trillions off of the Lithium deposits with their help of their Chinese buddies and the stupidity of the Joe Dufus emission standards.

It is like all three of them are in on this together, huh?

The Chinese make the Dufus family rich.

Dufus passes the emission standards.

Dufus doesn't do jackshit about the Taliban taking over the country.

Chinese ally with the Taliban and get the contracts for the Lithium to make the batteries to meet the Dufus emission standards.

Profit for everybody.

This was LONG before Biden was elected.

Forum List

Back