Taliban lash 12 people before stadium crowd in Afghanistan

Sunni Man

Brother I’m sure we agree on a lot of things. You are Muslim I’m a Christian we’re both Americans let’s just be cool man.

What do you think about Saddam Hussein what do you think about Iraqi society of the 1980s?

Because the Honorable Iraqi Americans I have spoke with told me their country was a great place in the 1980s much better than after 2003.

Also what do you think about the Taliban and Afghan society under Taliban rule?

Also what do you think about the Taliban and Afghan society under Taliban rule?
You really have no idea what you're talking about in your previous posts.
First of all, the Afghan people aren't Arabs and would be offended if referred to as an Arab, and are actually somewhat close to being Persian like the Iranian people.
The Afghan people have been muslims for over a 1,000 years when Islam was first introduced to that part of the world.
The Afghan people are dedicated to Islam and have no desire to change that reality.
The British invaded Afghanistan to colonize it almost two centuries ago and the Afghan mujahideen fighters defeated and drove them out.
Then the Soviet Union tried for a decade to convert the Afghan people to communism and the mujahideen rose up and drove them out of their country.
Next the Americans foolishly wasted two decades and boatloads of money trying to convert the Afghan people to democracy. Finally giving up and fleeing the country in the middle of the night.
People like you just need to realize the vast majority of the Afghan people are satisfied with the Taliban government want to be ruled by Islam and sharia law.

Last edited:
You really have no idea what your talking about in your previous posts.
First of all, the Afghan people aren't Arabs and would be offended if referred to as an Arab, and are actually very close to being Persian like the Iranian people.
The Afghan people have been muslims for over a 1,000 years when Islam was first introduced to that part of the world.
The Afghan people are dedicated to Islam and want to be ruled by Sharia Law.
The British invaded Afghanistan to colonize it almost two centuries ago and the Afghan mujahideen fighters defeated and drove them out.
Then the Soviet Union tried for a decade to convert the Afghan people to communism and the mujahideen rose up and drove them out of their country.
Next the Americans foolishly wasted two decades and boatloads of money trying to convert the Afghan people to democracy. Finally giving up and fleeing the country in the middle of the night.
People like you just need to realize the vast majority of the Afghan people are satisfied with the Taliban government want to be ruled by Islam and sharia law.
It has been a big problem here. And I wanna get this out of the way now. Stop talking down to me. I have never interacted with you on this website and every time you have interacted with me has been to click on my post and hit the disagree button or at the angry button. It’s completely unacceptable.

I want to be in friendly terms with you so don’t say things to me like “you really have no idea what you’re talking about”

And No where did I say the people of Afghanistan are Arabs . I know that the people of Afghanistan are not Arabs and that the people of Iraq are mostly Arabs. Of course are also Kurds and Turkoman living in Iraq as well.

I’m glad to clear that up. I asked you two different questions…

Let me put it this ways

What do you think about the Taliban?

What do you think about Saddam Hussein in the Iraqi government of the 1980s?

Is English your first language? I am thinking there could be some communication issues going on here brother. So let me say something and please respond to it I want to make sure you actually understand what I’m saying though. So I have a few friends from Iraq these are Arabs these are great people… they told me that Iraq was a much better place when Saddam Hussein was president…. How do you react to that? What would you say to those Iraqi people. As you understand now I’m talking to you about two different countries Afghanistan and Iraq. I want your opinion on 1980s Iraq because I want to see what you think about a secular Muslim country.

Last edited:
So I have a few friends from Iraq these are Arabs these are great people… they told me that Iraq was a much better place when Saddam Hussein was president…. How do you react to that? What would you say to those Iraqi people?
Your friends are correct.
Saddam was no choir boy, but he keep the country stable and the radical Shiite groups in check..
Bush jr. on behalf of Israel invaded Iraq and destroyed the entire country for no reason.
Iraq was a Sunni country, but is now a basket case ran by warlords and ruled by a Shiite government affiliated with Iran.

Your friends are correct.
Saddam was no choir boy, but he keep the country stable and the radical Shiite groups in check..
Bush jr. on behalf of Israel invaded Iraq and destroyed the entire country for no reason.
Iraq was a Sunni country, but is now a basket case ran by warlords and ruled by a Shiite government affiliated with Iran.
OK brother well I am an American and I do support President George W. Bush although I disagreed with the invasion of Iraq. The way I sought it was a battle between George Bush and Saddam Hussein. They were both war oriented. It’s too bad because in the 1980s America and Iraq were working together in the fight against Iran. But when Iraq invaded Kuwait things changed.

Well you can see that Iraq was a better country when Saddam was president. But that’s why I don’t understand why you would approve of the Taliban. You can understand that the Arab nationalism opposes religious bigotry that we saw from people like the Taliban.

I respect the Arab societies of Lebanon, Jordan, Egypt and Iraq and Syria for their Pro European outlooks. They say Beirut Lebanon used to be known as the Paris of the Middle East. So my interest in the Middle East is the Arab culture that transcends Christianity and Islam.

if Afghanistan today would have a government and culture similar to what we saw in Iraq in the 60s 70s and 80s the country would be a much better place.

Forum List

Back