Taliban execute folk singer days after saying music is ‘forbidden,’ family says

Doc7505

Diamond Member
Feb 16, 2016

Taliban execute folk singer days after saying music is ‘forbidden,’ family says​

nypost.com

Fawad Andarabi’s family told The Associated Press that he was shot dead Friday, just days after enforcers had searched his home and drank tea with him.
nypost.com
nypost.com
30 Aug 2021 ~~ By Lee Brown

Fawad Andarabi’s family told The Associated Press that he was shot dead Friday, just days after enforcers had searched his home and drank tea with him.
An Afghan folk singer has been executed by the Taliban just days after the Islamic fundamentalist group declared that “music is forbidden in Islam,” according to his family.
Fawad Andarabi’s family told the Associated Press that he was shot dead Friday when enforcers returned to his home after earlier searching it and even drinking tea with him.
“They shot him in the head on the farm,” his son, Jawad, said of the killing in the Andarabi Valley for which he was named.
“He was innocent, a singer who only was entertaining people,” the grieving son said of his dad, who played a bowed lute called a ghichak and sang traditional songs about his country.
Taliban spokesman Zabihullah Mujahid told the AP that the insurgents would investigate the incident, but had no other details on the killing in the area about 60 miles north of Kabul.
It came just days after Mujahid told the New York Times that music was being outlawed, just as it had been during the group’s brutal rule from 1996 until 2001.
Afghan folk singer Fawad Andarabi was reportedly dragged from his house and executed by the Taliban after they outlawed music.

Comment:

More humiliation for America. Joey Xi has become the purveyor of death. His promise to Build Back Better has been a boon for the Taliban. Joey Xi Bai Dung and his team of 'Wynken, Blinken and Nod' supplied them with more military equipment than the Australian Army presently has..
This is just the beginning the stench of death will now permeate the air in Afghanistan for some time to come.

Taliban execute folk singer days after saying music is ‘forbidden,’ family says​

nypost.com

nypost.com
nypost.com
30 Aug 2021 ~~ By Lee Brown

Fawad Andarabi’s family told The Associated Press that he was shot dead Friday, just days after enforcers

I'm sure they do a lot of things which we disapprove of, tramp made a deal with the Taliban. Remember that.
had searched his home and drank tea with him.
An Afghan folk singer has been executed by the Taliban just days after the Islamic fundamentalist group declared that “music is forbidden in Islam,” according to his family.
Fawad Andarabi’s family told the Associated Press that he was shot dead Friday when enforcers returned to his home after earlier searching it and even drinking tea with him.
“They shot him in the head on the farm,” his son, Jawad, said of the killing in the Andarabi Valley for which he was named.
“He was innocent, a singer who only was entertaining people,” the grieving son said of his dad, who played a bowed lute called a ghichak and sang traditional songs about his country.
Taliban spokesman Zabihullah Mujahid told the AP that the insurgents would investigate the incident, but had no other details on the killing in the area about 60 miles north of Kabul.
It came just days after Mujahid told the New York Times that music was being outlawed, just as it had been during the group’s brutal rule from 1996 until 2001.
Afghan folk singer Fawad Andarabi was reportedly dragged from his house and executed by the Taliban after they outlawed music.

Comment:

More humiliation for America. Joey Xi has become the purveyor of death. His promise to Build Back Better has been a boon for the Taliban. Joey Xi Bai Dung and his team of 'Wynken, Blinken and Nod' supplied them with more military equipment than the Australian Army presently has..
This is just the beginning the stench of death will now permeate the air in Afghanistan for some time to come.

Interesting. A plan was in place to extract ourselves from the forever war, a plan that should have been in place 4 to 8 years prior. Yet, the incoming president threw that plan away, proceeded to ignore advice from high ranking commanders, and let the enemy violate the terms of the agreement. The blundered fiasco ended up costing many brave American soldiers lives. As well as an unknown number of friendly Afghanistan citizens.

Lo and behold, his brain washed supporters try to blame the last guy in office. As they have done for all the crises that have materialized since the new guy took the office.

Wow. Just wow. The colonel was right: where is the accountability?

To any vets, or family of vets that happen to read this: Words can not express what an excellent job you did and my appreciation for the sacrifices you have made. The goal was achieved and the perpetrators of that terror attack were dealt with. Lets take this opportunity to get some competent leadership in place so that maybe, just maybe, we can avoid this again in our lifetime. Thank You.

Perhaps the schmuck, cat stevens, can comment
Cat Stevens supports Iran, who have not banned music and are enemies of the Taliban.

Yeah, there are things to complain about that Iran has done, but banning all music is not one of them. And I don't agree with everything Cat Stevens has said either.

The enemy of my enemy is my friend? Maybe. Although I believe the initial strike on Afghanistan was well justified, I wonder if we haven't been fed a whole pack of lies by MSM and "intelligence" leaders over the years. The industrial-military complex can't line their pockets if there's no threat that has to be dealt with. I'm all ears as far as foreign policy goes.

And still, our MSM largely ignore any news about our neighbors in THIS hemisphere. Sad. Or maybe our neighbors would rather not have our attention drawn onto them, given our history.

he enemy of my enemy is my friend? Maybe. Although I believe the initial strike on Afghanistan was well justified

This is nonsense for herd, alkaida has never played a significant role in this policy. It began during the presence of Soviet troops in Afghanistan, which fought against the Northern Alliance. The United States sided with the Northern Alliance and funded the rebels. Since then, this policy has continued uninterruptedly until recently. The events of September 11 were just a stage of this game. On September 10, the leader of the Northern Alliance, Ahmad Shah Massoud, was destroyed, it was just an exacerbation of this confrontation and not its beginning. The beginning was in the 80s or even earlier.

So the US exit is the road to world terror. This exit had no military reason, in fact, the Taliban were completely defeated back in 2014 and there were no large-scale hostilities there, it was just a betrayal of the authorities

All the money that was spent on the war on terror in Afghanistan for decades, all the casualties among the military are now worthless, they were wasted, and Afghanistan was given to terrorists for free

Forum List

Back