Taco Bell...

Canon Shooter

Diamond Member
Jan 7, 2020
Can Taco Bell even be considered real food?

My hot Puerto Rican girlfriend loves it, but I just can't get onboard with it. Make no mistake, I've tried i, but all in all it's pretty fuckin' repulsive...

You can say what you want about me, my family, or my faith ... but... I will not stand here and listen to you bad mouth 'The Bell'.

C4Gd8bgUMAAl3pZ.jpg

My hot Puerto Rican girlfriend loves it, but I just can't get onboard with it. Make no mistake, I've tried i, but all in all it's pretty fuckin' repulsive...
It tastes like cardboard IMHO, but I know some folks like it.

Real food? Yes. Real meat in that food? Not so much.

I love their tacos. Burrito Supremes are good too. Tostadas aren't bad. I like their hot sauce. That's about it.

First time I was exposed to The Bell in the second half od the 80s it was awesome.

You piad a bit for say a chicken soft taco but it was huge and delicious.

Seems like they and others (Little Ceasers and subway for example) went the way towards cheap and away from quality.

Focused on being able to say look at what you get for cheap.

The value menu battle.

No, it can't. You are correct, get that gurl some cultcha.

People lie when they say they don’t like it. It isn’t great but definitely had it’s time. I don’t eat fast food that much , but I put it up their with Chipotle and Boston Market as a distant second to the king Portillo’s (Chicago Pride).

I have found that it is always a good remedy for constipation.

I think the longest it has ever taken to go from mouth to anus is, like, 30 minutes, tops.
You make it sound like real Mexican food. Started by hotdog stand owner Glenn Bell in Irvine, CA featuring simple selection, ingredients, limited choice fast food, easily trained and simple uniform standards of preparation. He eventually franchised to 100 stores or more and sold out to Pepsi. I studied the business model in college. American success story, as American as apple pie. I still grab a snack their once or twice a month.

I think the longest it has ever taken to go from mouth to anus is, like, 30 minutes, tops.
You make it sound like real Mexican food. Started by hotdog stand owner Glenn Bell in Irvine, CA featuring simple selection, ingredients, limited choice fast food, easily trained and simple uniform standards of preparation. He eventually franchised to 100 stores or more and sold out to Pepsi. I studied the business model in college. American success story, as American as apple pie. I still grab a snack their once or twice a month.
I've eaten real Mexican food.

You will never find garbanzos at taco bell. It is a staple of most of the Mexican friends I have had.

You will never find garbanzos at taco bell. It is a staple of most of the Mexican friends I have had.
Not Mexican food. American food with a Mexican motif. If I want Mexican food here, I go to Don Poncho's. If I want a fast food taco, easy in, easy out, cheap, consistent, near home or on the road from coast to coast, I'll ring that bell, grab a snack and keep on going. ;)

I call it Taco Smell and refuse to eat it.

Not Mexican food. American food with a Mexican motif. If I want Mexican food here, I go to Don Poncho's. If I want a fast food taco, easy in, easy out, cheap, consistent, near home or on the road from coast to coast, I'll ring that bell, grab a snack and keep on going. ;)

You strike me as one of those posturing leftists who have never actually gotten to know anybody from Mexico.

Taco Bell served 'Mexican-Themed' food. The way a Reuben Sandwich is a "Kosher-Themed' sandwich (whilst being 100% treyfe).

Taco Bell served 'Mexican-Themed' food. The way a Reuben Sandwich is a "Kosher-Themed' sandwich (whilst being 100% treyfe).

I'm afraid that real Mexican Food just doesn't exist this far north. From my childhood, I remember eating lunch at a mexican buddies house and even the Tortillas were different. It's been a very, very long time since I have had real Mexican Food.

I always ask Mexican restaurants to add just a little extra shmear of something or other just to cover my bases.

I always ask Mexican restaurants to add just a little extra shmear of something or other just to cover my bases.

The closest to Mexican Food I have ever had since childhood was in a little place in Colorado Springs where it didn't even have a sign. You had to know it was there. It had 6 tables. But, man, the food was fanfrigginfastic. You have better know some spanish (Mexican) to order because the Waitresses were right off the Banana Boat. The strange thing was, the cook was Black.

The closest to Mexican Food I have ever had since childhood was in a little place in Colorado Springs where it didn't even have a sign. You had to know it was there. It had 6 tables. But, man, the food was fanfrigginfastic. You have better know some spanish (Mexican) to order because the Waitresses were right off the Banana Boat. The strange thing was, the cook was Black.

They have black people in Mexico...

They even have Asians ...

japanese-mexicans2.png

Forum List

Back