Taco Bell Corporation Screwing Us Customers

Taco Bell is also screwing your digestive system, but that's a different kettle of fish.

I guess every time I feel like taking a shit I could drive there and forget to flush. I'll have to come up with a code name for that mission. I'll call it Operation 2aguy.

In all seriousness, the board and receipt prices should match exactly. They are ripping off their guests.

Well first off, the manager at the store should have been more serious about the issue than he was when I told him... and he acted like it wasn't a big deal. He also didn't offer me a free drink or even a thank you. He was just like, "We'll check in about it."

Then what was even worse, when the corporate people not only failed to apologize, they didn't thank me for pointing it out, until their third message after I drilled them for NOT thanking me or apologizing about the issue. It's piss poor.

"We totally understand and appreciate you letting us know. Would you like to be kept updated? We would just need your email address."

:rolleyes:

If you knew how much a shift manager makes, and what they are in charge of, you would know, that sort of thing isn't in their wheel house.

He meant exactly what he said. He'll check into it. For him, it isn't a big deal, nor is it a serious issue. Sheila getting pregnant and filling next weeks shifts is a serious issue. Jake always coming up short on the till is a serious issue. The owner mis-pricing food at HIS restaurant? Nope, not the shift manager's problem.

He will tell the franchise owner that, HE, the owner, is screwing things up, and he best fix it before the corporate rep. comes by to do their monthly inspection.

Shift managers don't get paid enough to give a shit about you being charged an extra quarter, they have bigger fish to fry.

That is the problem of the franchise owner who sets prices.

You just have to know who to talk to.

Send out an email or write a letter to the right person buddy.

every store programs their registers, every store prepares its own display of the menu and the pricing. No corporate guy shows up to do all that..

But corporate runs inspections. They have folks go out in the field and check up on things.

I don't know how tight a corporate structure Taco Hell runs, but each of these different outfits run similar programs.

There will be hell to pay if they are found to be off.

They will get demerits and have their franchise pulled if they do not toe the line clear enough.

The Taco Bell here charges $1.49 for a breakfast sausage taco though it still says $1. That’s because it’s probably the worst run franchise in the country.

I still buy them though because they’re awesome!
fVzwtZS.jpg

Taco bell is the Nickleback of Tacos. :71:

Taco Bell is also screwing your digestive system, but that's a different kettle of fish.

I guess every time I feel like taking a shit I could drive there and forget to flush. I'll have to come up with a code name for that mission. I'll call it Operation 2aguy.

In all seriousness, the board and receipt prices should match exactly. They are ripping off their guests.

Well first off, the manager at the store should have been more serious about the issue than he was when I told him... and he acted like it wasn't a big deal. He also didn't offer me a free drink or even a thank you. He was just like, "We'll check in about it."

Then what was even worse, when the corporate people not only failed to apologize, they didn't thank me for pointing it out, until their third message after I drilled them for NOT thanking me or apologizing about the issue. It's piss poor.

"We totally understand and appreciate you letting us know. Would you like to be kept updated? We would just need your email address."

:rolleyes:

If you knew how much a shift manager makes, and what they are in charge of, you would know, that sort of thing isn't in their wheel house.

He meant exactly what he said. He'll check into it. For him, it isn't a big deal, nor is it a serious issue. Sheila getting pregnant and filling next weeks shifts is a serious issue. Jake always coming up short on the till is a serious issue. The owner mis-pricing food at HIS restaurant? Nope, not the shift manager's problem.

He will tell the franchise owner that, HE, the owner, is screwing things up, and he best fix it before the corporate rep. comes by to do their monthly inspection.

Shift managers don't get paid enough to give a shit about you being charged an extra quarter, they have bigger fish to fry.

That is the problem of the franchise owner who sets prices.

You just have to know who to talk to.

Send out an email or write a letter to the right person buddy.

Franchise owners do not set the prices for items, corporate Taco Bell does. The issue of an item ringing up different than what the menu says is not just a Taco Bell problem, it is something that is kept track of by the state. The state will randomly send a representative into a store, restaurant, and lots of other businesses and they will choose like 10 random items and ask for someone to ring it up on the register. If the prices do not match it is recorded, and depending on the number of items and the history of the location, the location could get just a warning, or they could be find thousands of dollars. It's part of the ethical standards of business.

Sure the manager may be worry about making sure shifts are covered, but if they are managers they are also supposed to care about whether or not the customers are being adequately taken care of and satisfied with the service.

FYI when I was managing at GNC I had a representative come into 2 different locations while I was there.

Sir, excuse me. Could you please help me? I’m going to have to explain to my boss, the local head of MS 13, this discrepancy between the menu prices and what you actually charged him. So, any suggestions?

Well, on June 18th, you can get a free taco from Taco Bell.

Steal a Game, Steal a Taco - Free Taco on June 18th | Taco Bell

Pull up Google Maps and try to figure out a route in your area where you can go to one Taco Bell and get your free taco, and can eat it while driving to another to get a free taco there too, and then off to the next until you either run out of time or Taco Bells.

Here in Amarillo, that would only get you 3 tacos (only 3 stores here).

Well, on June 18th, you can get a free taco from Taco Bell.

Steal a Game, Steal a Taco - Free Taco on June 18th | Taco Bell

Pull up Google Maps and try to figure out a route in your area where you can go to one Taco Bell and get your free taco, and can eat it while driving to another to get a free taco there too, and then off to the next until you either run out of time or Taco Bells.

Here in Amarillo, that would only get you 3 tacos (only 3 stores here).

No, you mean 3 FREE tacos.

The Taco Bell here charges $1.49 for a breakfast sausage taco though it still says $1. That’s because it’s probably the worst run franchise in the country.

I still buy them though because they’re awesome!
fVzwtZS.jpg

Taco bell is the Nickleback of Tacos. :71:
Supposedly hard shell tacos are Tex-Mex, but yeah, considering the frozen salad and other things of the top one. Nothing fresh in that one.

I remember Taco Bell as a place where the food gave you diarrhea. When and did it change?

Yeah we know the cliche that Mexican food makes you sick. You are too cool for fast food and would rather pay for an over priced stale bagel from a snotty kid at Starbucks but what about Pizza Hut? The same company "Yum" owns both franchises. You can give into the cliches but it's ludicrous to accuse an international franchise of deliberately skimming a buck off purchases. If you really care about getting screwed you need to consult with the authorities who monitor these things and quit whining on a freaking discussion forum.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back