T-Ball

froggy

Gold Member
Aug 18, 2009
Do any here have kids or grandkids playing t-ball or playing the pitching machine, if so whats your take on them playing the pitching machine?

I'm in a men's T-ball league.

I've never been struck out.

$90.jpg Do you hit well from this?

Do any here have kids or grandkids playing t-ball or playing the pitching machine, if so whats your take on them playing the pitching machine?

When I played little league, we didn't use a machine for anything other than practice.

My daughter played t-ball last season though, and not only was she one of only 2 girls in the league, but she was also BETTER than at least half of the boys :lol:

When I played little league, we didn't use a machine for anything other than practice.

My daughter played t-ball last season though, and not only was she one of only 2 girls in the league, but she was also BETTER than at least half of the boys :lol:

Did you enjoy it?

t ball just came in as my son was in senior league....i love t ball...it lets the wee ones...play without fear of getting hit....it kinda lets them get a feel for the game....ie...which way to run the bases....its a hoot...t ball lets everyone play without really counting innings and such...myself i miss the little league days....they just outgrow them so fast...

Did you enjoy it?

I actually had to miss most of her games because we were working on a huge project at work and staying 10 hours or more each day. By the time I got home, she was already bathed and in bed.

I made it to 2 though, and yeah it was a lot of fun. She's 6 years old and has a pretty nice looking swing.

Did you enjoy it?

I actually had to miss most of her games because we were working on a huge project at work and staying 10 hours or more each day. By the time I got home, she was already bathed and in bed.

I made it to 2 though, and yeah it was a lot of fun. She's 6 years old and has a pretty nice looking swing.

I like watching them play, the new ones crack me up sometimes.:lol:

Did you enjoy it?

I like watching them play, the new ones crack me up sometimes.:lol:

One thing I didn't like about how they run t-ball here is no one is out. Even if the fielders make an out play, the runner keeps his base. There's 3 innings, and the innings ends when every player has had an at-bat.

I like the every player having an at-bat part, but I don't like the no one is out part. There's no reason to coddle the kids. They need to understand that you can and will make outs, and that it's part of the game. The outs don't have to be tallied to 3 to end the inning, but the runner should have to return to the dugout.

I don't get the idea of insulating little kids from failure. You made an out. So what. Next time up, you try and atone for it by getting a hit.

Forum List

Back