Systemical Racism

About a year later we were drinking in the flats. There was nobody on the streets in downtown that late so he just went through the red light, and we got pulled over. My friend, afraid of getting a DUI was Yes Sir, No sir all the way. He apologized for going through the light and said he'd have never done that if the streets weren't bare empty. The cop seen a beer between my legs and ordered me to dump it out. Yes sir I told him. He asked for my ID and I said no problem, here you go.

The cop told us to be careful because he knows we've been drinking, and no stopping anywhere to get me anymore beer.

Yup. It's nice to be white, isn't it?

You are implying that if that person had been black... which you assumed he was white without evidence... that he would have had something terrible happen.

Not true.

Police treat black people exactly the same.

I had a black lady friend from Somalia, who was driving around town with a 3 months expired drivers license.

A Cop pulled her over for speeding (which she was)... and discovered her license was expired. Interestingly, she was smoking a cigarette, and he asked her to put it out. She flicked it out the window, at which point the officer said she needed to pick it up or he would have to write her a $500 ticket for littering.

So here we have a black lady, with three clear violations of law.

She picked up the cigarette, and he didn't write her a ticket.
He gave her a warning for speeding, but no ticket.
He said she likely didn't know the license was expired, and told her as long as she got it renewed that month, it shouldn't be a problem, and sent her on her way.

Now why is it that this black lady, didn't get it a ticket from the white cop?

It's real simple. She was from Somalia, and didn't have "F*** the police comin' straight from the underground".

Didn't realize that all police are automatically racists. Didn't realize that she was entitled to break laws and have nothing happen. Didn't have an attitude.

Again, no evidence at all of police racism. None. Zero. Everything you have is built on assumptions. That's all you have. That's why without you assuming everything, you can't make a case.

Back when I was in college, I worked at a grocery store, where we had a manager who got pulled over, and his car searched for hours. Completely missed an entire shift at work.

Why did that happen? Because he wanted to be a punk. Dressed like a punk. Drove a punk looking car. Played punk music.

And he honestly wasn't a bad dude.... but he looked it. Gold chains, had the shades on, tinted windows, underride neon lights, playing punk music as loud as possible, and would act like a punk, with his punk friends (who likely were on drugs half of them).

Oh I guess the police are racists against whites! Pulling over an completely innocent law abiding, hard working, white guy!

I remember one day my school teacher, a skinny middle aged white guy, with thinning white hair, came in late to school by an hour. Turned out he was stopped by police. Why was he stopped by police? Well... he was driving... and the car in front of him smashed their breaks, so he had no choice but to mash his breaks, and apparently there was a police officer behind him, and they didn't like that.

They pulled him over, checked all his information, asked for proof of insurance.

Then when everything checked out, and they had no reason to hold them, they told him to be careful when smashing the breaks really hard on the road....

Racist against whites!

See that's the difference. Everyone gets pulled over now and then. Whites get pulled over. Blacks get pulled over. Asians get pulled over. Hispanics get pulled over. Everyone gets pulled over.

The differences is, you *WANT* there to be a narrative that America is evil and racists, and so when a Black gets pulled over, it's magically different than everyone else who also get pulled over. Then.... THEN.... it's system racism!.

No, you are full of crap, as you always are, and as all left-wingers are.
yep, they just have to follow Chris Rock's advice

About a year later we were drinking in the flats. There was nobody on the streets in downtown that late so he just went through the red light, and we got pulled over. My friend, afraid of getting a DUI was Yes Sir, No sir all the way. He apologized for going through the light and said he'd have never done that if the streets weren't bare empty. The cop seen a beer between my legs and ordered me to dump it out. Yes sir I told him. He asked for my ID and I said no problem, here you go.

The cop told us to be careful because he knows we've been drinking, and no stopping anywhere to get me anymore beer.

Yup. It's nice to be white, isn't it?

You are implying that if that person had been black... which you assumed he was white without evidence... that he would have had something terrible happen.

Not true.

Police treat black people exactly the same.

I had a black lady friend from Somalia, who was driving around town with a 3 months expired drivers license.

A Cop pulled her over for speeding (which she was)... and discovered her license was expired. Interestingly, she was smoking a cigarette, and he asked her to put it out. She flicked it out the window, at which point the officer said she needed to pick it up or he would have to write her a $500 ticket for littering.

So here we have a black lady, with three clear violations of law.

She picked up the cigarette, and he didn't write her a ticket.
He gave her a warning for speeding, but no ticket.
He said she likely didn't know the license was expired, and told her as long as she got it renewed that month, it shouldn't be a problem, and sent her on her way.

Now why is it that this black lady, didn't get it a ticket from the white cop?

It's real simple. She was from Somalia, and didn't have "F*** the police comin' straight from the underground".

Didn't realize that all police are automatically racists. Didn't realize that she was entitled to break laws and have nothing happen. Didn't have an attitude.

Again, no evidence at all of police racism. None. Zero. Everything you have is built on assumptions. That's all you have. That's why without you assuming everything, you can't make a case.

Back when I was in college, I worked at a grocery store, where we had a manager who got pulled over, and his car searched for hours. Completely missed an entire shift at work.

Why did that happen? Because he wanted to be a punk. Dressed like a punk. Drove a punk looking car. Played punk music.

And he honestly wasn't a bad dude.... but he looked it. Gold chains, had the shades on, tinted windows, underride neon lights, playing punk music as loud as possible, and would act like a punk, with his punk friends (who likely were on drugs half of them).

Oh I guess the police are racists against whites! Pulling over an completely innocent law abiding, hard working, white guy!

I remember one day my school teacher, a skinny middle aged white guy, with thinning white hair, came in late to school by an hour. Turned out he was stopped by police. Why was he stopped by police? Well... he was driving... and the car in front of him smashed their breaks, so he had no choice but to mash his breaks, and apparently there was a police officer behind him, and they didn't like that.

They pulled him over, checked all his information, asked for proof of insurance.

Then when everything checked out, and they had no reason to hold them, they told him to be careful when smashing the breaks really hard on the road....

Racist against whites!

See that's the difference. Everyone gets pulled over now and then. Whites get pulled over. Blacks get pulled over. Asians get pulled over. Hispanics get pulled over. Everyone gets pulled over.

The differences is, you *WANT* there to be a narrative that America is evil and racists, and so when a Black gets pulled over, it's magically different than everyone else who also get pulled over. Then.... THEN.... it's system racism!.

No, you are full of crap, as you always are, and as all left-wingers are.
yeah JoeB is another one of those "I used to be a republican" liars

Sure there was because a package suspected of illegal narcotics were delivered to her home
I thought the news said there were no narcotics found in her home.

At the time they searched it, no there wasn't. However they suspected that he was having drugs delivered to her apartment, and while keeping an eye on the place, that's what they seen. That's why they got the no-knock warrant in the first place.

My contention is that she was not totally blind to what was going on. She knew drugs were being sent to her home, or at the very least, had to be suspicious of it. I don't think she had anything to do with using dope or selling it, but I also think she was not a complete innocent in all this.

A woman is with a guy. He has strange packages delivered to her home instead of his own. When he comes over, he brings a loaded firearm with him. I mean.....come on now.
How else would you carry a firearm unless it's loaded? What would be the point?

Why is it when it comes to black people and guns, the two together is nothing but nefarious? As far someone using her address, criminals get up to all types of crime, that doesn't mean she knew about it or gave permission for him to use her address. More importantly, it doesn't excuse her being killed in the manner in which she was.

Yeah, actually it does excuse her being killed in the manor that she was.

Yeah, it does. If I had a girlfriend, who I knew had been involved in a drug ring, I would have her cut completely out of my life.

That's how you get yourself in trouble, is by allowing criminals to be part of your life.

She wouldn't be on my phone. She wouldn't be coming to my house. She most certainly wouldn't be picking up packages here. She wouldn't be anywhere near me at any time.

Good Heavens, I was taught that as a toddler. Man all the way back in Sunday school, I was taught to stay away from bad people, because it results in bad things happening to you.

Why is it that common sense in the past, is like alien space knowledge today?

You hang out with criminals, bad things happen to you.

No matter what you have to say on this.... the facts are the facts. The police had an investigation into criminal activity, that resulted in a legal warrant.

That legal warrant was used in a legal search.

During the execution of that legal search, the police were fired at.

Every human being, whether they are police or not, have a legal right to defend themselves from a life threatening attack. There is no question this was a lethal attack, because one of the officers was in fact shot.

Those officers, legally fired back at the shooter.

Breonna was killed in the crossfire.

Bottom line is, the police were in the right, every single step of the way.

There are only two people at fault for this incident. Only two.

Breonna for making herself the target of a police investigation by knowingly allowing a criminal to use her home.

And the criminal Glover, who used his ex-girlfriends home to conduct business.

The police did absolutely nothing wrong, and no one has any legitimate reason to complain about their action, whatsoever.

Sure there was because a package suspected of illegal narcotics were delivered to her home

At the time they searched it, no there wasn't. However they suspected that he was having drugs delivered to her apartment, and while keeping an eye on the place, that's what they seen. That's why they got the no-knock warrant in the first place.

My contention is that she was not totally blind to what was going on. She knew drugs were being sent to her home, or at the very least, had to be suspicious of it. I don't think she had anything to do with using dope or selling it, but I also think she was not a complete innocent in all this.

A woman is with a guy. He has strange packages delivered to her home instead of his own. When he comes over, he brings a loaded firearm with him. I mean.....come on now.

Why is it when it comes to black people and guns, the two together is nothing but nefarious? As far someone using her address, criminals get up to all types of crime, that doesn't mean she knew about it or gave permission for him to use her address. More importantly, it doesn't excuse her being killed in the manner in which she was.

As Joe Biden would say: Come on man! Are you some kind of junkie or something??

If I had a GF that was sending packages to me under her name, of course I'd want to know WTF was going on. My first question would be why doesn't she have her packages sent to her house???

If this guy was not involved in nefarious activity, why did he bring a loaded firearm to his GF's house? I'm sure it's not the first time. Was he a CCW holder? Why was his gun so readily available to shoot that quickly even after police announced who they were?

It seems to me he was prepared for trouble from one side or the other.

As Joe Biden would say: Come on man! Are you some kind of junkie or something??

If I had a GF that was sending packages to me under her name, of course I'd want to know WTF was going on. My first question would be why doesn't she have her packages sent to her house???

If this guy was not involved in nefarious activity, why did he bring a loaded firearm to his GF's house? I'm sure it's not the first time. Was he a CCW holder? Why was his gun so readily available to shoot that quickly even after police announced who they were?

It seems to me he was prepared for trouble from one side or the other.
I'm confused. I thought it was her ex-boyfriend they were investigating for trafficking, not her current boyfriend.
Lawyer: Plea offer tried to link Breonna Taylor to drug ring

Don't you carry a weapon (CCW) and I would hope you're smarter than to carry it unloaded.

Why is it that you carrying a weapon is not suspicious but her boyfriend doing so is nefarious?

The police did absolutely nothing wrong, and no one has any legitimate reason to complain about their action, whatsoever.
The majority of your comment is opinion little of which is based on fact, instead it's based on the story they've spun.

If indeed the police did NOTHING wrong, Taylor's family would not have received a 12 million dollar wrongful death settlement from the City of Louisville.

"This is what we found".... ok.... prove it. Provide the evidence. Where are the numbers? Where are the facts? Where is the prohof?

"The division reviewed tens of thousands of pages of documents"

Great... where are they? Show them. Show us what they say. Show us the numbers.
You can obtain the data and the results of their research, you just have to ask for it.

Every time we post information that shows the racial disparities in stops, enforcement, convictions and sentencing, the same group of people reject it out of hand without ever stating what's wrong with the results and/or the data.

I guess what you all keep forgetting is the United States of America was founded on the premise of white supremacy therefore the original law enforcement agencies were populated by white supremacists who thoroughly believed that black people were inferior to white and that anything and everything done to us, no matter how heinous. was just and as it should be.

It was only a little more than 55 years ago out of the 244+ years that the U.S. has existed that LEGAL racial segregation was the law of the land. So when people say that systemic racism exists in American society I don't see how you can doubt that based on our country's history. And when after they've compiled the relevant data, analyzed it and their reports show that indeed system racism is the root cause of the disparities between whites and blacks in the criminal justice system, why would any intelligent human being immediately reject the results instead of verifying the veracity of the results and data themselves?

I collect extra data when looking these types of situations because it adds more context to the data that can be used for compare & contrast and to begin attempting to quantify the differences in the results.

You & Ray have already pointed out that judges makes decision on things other than the current crime committed. In some cases they use point systems that can add or reduce their sentences, but that should really be the extent of it, in my opinion. Of course there could be exceptions for certain extreme circumstances but even then, the results of applying those rules should be ascertainable prior to them being applied - by anyone. Otherwise racists judges and other members of the criminal justice system have no reason or motivation to be unbiased and will not refrain from continuing to punish black people for being "of African descent", the race designated by American law as inferior.

You compared me taking notice that a guy shot a gun inside his house to Mrs. Kravits; as if I only knew about it because I had binoculars looking into their window. I have bad news for you fake solder, when a gun goes off, even in daytime, you hear it several houses away. Didn't you ever see people at a firing range on TV? Ever notice how they have ear muffs on to protect their ears?

Actually, what I've found is that TV makes guns sound louder than they actually are... but according to your statement, you knew they were fighting before the gun went off...

Again, Mrs. Kravitz, you really need to get a life.

You phonies eventually show your true colors. You never shot a gun in your life, nor have been anywhere near others shooting guns. You know nothing about them. Otherwise you would have never made a stupid comparison like that. You'd know very well how loud a gun is, especially at that time in the morning.

In addition to my army service, I lived in Cicero, IL, where gunfire was a common thing. No, what you describe isn't credible, because, as you said, you knew they were arguing before the shots went off.

I've fired lots of guns. I just don't have the weird fetish for them you have.

You said the girls was young, pretty and white but jumped to the conclusion that it is the white part that was the determining factor. Typical. Everything is about race.

It was here. he didn't even ACKNOWLEDGE the women of color, both of whom had more years and more contributions to the organization.

But hey, using your logic, why is it that so many white football coaches in professional and college hire/recruit so many black players? I mean, if they were truly racist, they would want only players with which they could relate to around, right?

Actually, these days, it's more like, white suburban parents don't even let their kids play football, because they've heard too much about concussive head injuries... For the black kids, it's a way out of the ghetto for some of them. Then those awful black players take a knee or put the name of a black person murdered by cops on their helmets, and people like you are throwing a shit fit.

Obviously this is not the case and the reason is clear. They want to win, just like a manager wants to "win" by having the best employees, which in turn make him/her look better and to make more money. This is how it really works, but I don't expect feeble minded race baiters to understand.

Really? So what wonderful thing did this girl contribute to the team. Well, I'll tell you. She was tasked with doing the work of an equally useless bleach blonde idiot who was only on her team because she was sleeping with her boss in Customer Service and they had to move her.

The Chinese lady, on the other hand, had been with the company for 9 years. She had established a lot of the vendor relationships we had with companies in China (as she spoke fluent Mandarin) and had saved the company millions of dollars.

But she wasn't young, white and hot... that was the important thing.

The new theme of the left today is systemic racism. Systemic racism of course means that racism is intrinsic in the system itself. The question is, why is this fathom systemic racism only happening in Democrat strongholds?

We were told that racism would end with the election of Barack Obama. After 8 years, not only were there no improvements, but things (according to the left) got worse.

Under Donald Trump as President, minorities seen record levels of employment for every group, that was until the Wuhan virus. More black businesses were opening up, black Americans seen higher income, and black government dependency on the decline. Prison reform under President Trump. So why is this systemic racism transcending now?

It's to create a political environment. Even though all this so-called racism is taking place in Democrat cities and states, the implication is that it's all happening under Republican leadership, however the feds have little control over what these Democrat cities and states do. President Trump has offered help to these clueless Democrat leaders, but so far, none have accepted his offers.

Systemic racism does exist of course, and has for many years. The idea of bringing in foreigners to do the jobs American minorities could be doing is systematic itself under Democrat leadership. Keeping wages lower for minorities because of these actions the same. The fight against school vouchers, which gave many minorities school choice is certainly systematic. Now the movement is to defund police departments which would have the most negative ramifications on minority communities. Something new to add to this system.

If there is indeed systemic racism, then it's actually happening from the left and not the right.

Excellent post. So true in every aspect.

Japanese enslaved Chinese.
Arabs enslaved other Arabs.
Native Americans enslaved Native Americans.

You fake assholes should just admit it.

We hate white people. That’s all this is about.

By far the most slavery has been in Africa where blacks enslave blacks and it's still going on

The new theme of the left today is systemic racism. Systemic racism of course means that racism is intrinsic in the system itself. The question is, why is this fathom systemic racism only happening in Democrat strongholds?

We were told that racism would end with the election of Barack Obama. After 8 years, not only were there no improvements, but things (according to the left) got worse.

Under Donald Trump as President, minorities seen record levels of employment for every group, that was until the Wuhan virus. More black businesses were opening up, black Americans seen higher income, and black government dependency on the decline. Prison reform under President Trump. So why is this systemic racism transcending now?

It's to create a political environment. Even though all this so-called racism is taking place in Democrat cities and states, the implication is that it's all happening under Republican leadership, however the feds have little control over what these Democrat cities and states do. President Trump has offered help to these clueless Democrat leaders, but so far, none have accepted his offers.

Systemic racism does exist of course, and has for many years. The idea of bringing in foreigners to do the jobs American minorities could be doing is systematic itself under Democrat leadership. Keeping wages lower for minorities because of these actions the same. The fight against school vouchers, which gave many minorities school choice is certainly systematic. Now the movement is to defund police departments which would have the most negative ramifications on minority communities. Something new to add to this system.

If there is indeed systemic racism, then it's actually happening from the left and not the right.
Althoug I think and it's very evident without any doubt that trump's base are mostly racist...I don't think there is a systematic racism in the US....If I made it as a Muslim/arab/African in the US anyone can...the only trick I was told before I moved here, and pretty much most immigrants know, is to avoid red areas. In fact back home many students avoid applying for schools in red states.

It's racists like you who have revived racism as a divisive issue in this country. I've been married to a "woman of color" over 30 years. For the first 20, we heard almost nothing about it. No one commented or even acknowledged race other than as a trait, like being tall or thin. Ever since Obama racists decided you didn't want a harmonious America and now it's a constant thing.

Though on a local level, we still hear nothing about it.

Ray is dead on when he points out the racism is all coming from you. That free government cheese really worth all the people you harm to get it?

Race is the only thing he noticed.

Where I worked, it was all white males.

That explains much.

What exactly does this explain? There aren't many African Americans in my area of the company. It doesn't have anything to do with racism, but rather finding qualified/interested candidates. The couple that I know(out of 400 or so in our particular area) do a great job and I have absolutely no issues whatsoever working with them because frankly, their skin color isn't even a factor with me.

Actually, these days, it's more like, white suburban parents don't even let their kids play football, because they've heard too much about concussive head injuries... For the black kids, it's a way out of the ghetto for some of them. Then those awful black players take a knee or put the name of a black person murdered by cops on their helmets, and people like you are throwing a shit fit.

You failed to address the actual point, but since you brought up the lack of qualified applicants point, I will answer. There are a lack of qualified black candidates for many higher paying professions, which explains why they aren't represented.

Back to my point with the NFL analogy, management typically hires the best people. That is evidenced by the NFL. High level professional positions do the same thing, but you don't like to hear that because it doesn't suit your argument. You can't have it both ways.

But she wasn't young, white and hot... that was the important thing.

Again, the young and hot part seem to be the important things here.

"And when after they've compiled the relevant data, analyzed it and their reports show that indeed system racism is the root cause of the disparities between whites and blacks in the criminal justice system, why would any intelligent human being immediately reject the results instead of verifying the veracity of the results and data themselves?"

I call, Bullshit.

The relevant data show that the racial disparity in America's jails and prisons is FULLY JUSTIFIED by documented criminality in Blacks (and Hispanics). SIX PERCENT (Black males) of the American population is documented to be responsible for 44% of the violent crime. This disproportion can be seen in the FBI's Uniform Crime Report, year after year. That is more than SEVEN TIMES the crime rate that would appear if serious criminal behavior were dispersed randomly throughout the population.

There are discrepancies in handling of similar cases, especially among young males, where similar crimes appear to result in incarceration more often for Blacks than for whites, but these discrepancies are (arguably) the result of other factors that sentencing judges consider, mainly the absence of a suitable home-life for a returning delinquent. But this discussion is at the margins of the criminal justice system. When speaking about incarceration globally, the demographic discrepancy is fully justified by the documented criminality of Black males in our society.

What exactly does this explain? There aren't many African Americans in my area of the company. It doesn't have anything to do with racism, but rather finding qualified/interested candidates. The couple that I know(out of 400 or so in our particular area) do a great job and I have absolutely no issues whatsoever working with them because frankly, their skin color isn't even a factor with me.

Um, yeah, guy, the thing is, I've seen a lot of white folks get promotions because they were a friend of the boss or a relative or some other form of white privilege... while black folks get passed up for jobs.

Yes, skin color is not a factor, which is why you spend so much time denying racism is a thing.

You failed to address the actual point, but since you brought up the lack of qualified applicants point, I will answer. There are a lack of qualified black candidates for many higher paying professions, which explains why they aren't represented.

Back to my point with the NFL analogy, management typically hires the best people. That is evidenced by the NFL. High level professional positions do the same thing, but you don't like to hear that because it doesn't suit your argument. You can't have it both ways.

Actually, the NFL isn't a good example, because only 2% of NCAA players make the pros, and only 5.8% of high school players make an NCAA team. so we have a lot of kids out there risking permanent brain damage for a pretty remote shot to make the pros.

It certainly had nothing to do with why a do-nothing intern got more consideration from management than a nine-year veteran who happened to be a POC.

Again, the young and hot part seem to be the important things here.

No, the white happened to be the important thing here... (Actually, she was about average looking, not really that hot. I guess hotter than the two women who were older and had actually, you know, accomplished stuff.)

Check your privilege.

Yes, skin color is not a factor, which is why you spend so much time denying racism is a thing.

If you kept telling me that 2+2=5, I would argue with you until the cows come home. Very similar thing going on here.

Actually, the NFL isn't a good example, because only 2% of NCAA players make the pros, and only 5.8% of high school players make an NCAA team. so we have a lot of kids out there risking permanent brain damage for a pretty remote shot to make the pros.

Professional sports are great examples, they just don't support your narrative so you choose to ignore them.

Check your privilege.

You need a lobotomy to rid yourself of guilt. I am not privileged because I am white, I am privileged because I know what I am doing and am rewarded accordingly.

Forum List

Back