Syrian Oil Crisis Pushes Assad to Choose Between Russia and Iran

But were I Assad, I'd go with Russia....Alawite Muslims don't mix with well with the nutbars running Iran.
Incorrect.

The Alawite religion is a distant cousin of Shia Islam practiced by the majority of Iranian people. ... :cool:
OK....But how does the current crop of Shi'ites running Iran deal with a guy who shaves and cuts his hair, wears modern clothing, and has a hot wife who doesn't cover herself up?

Serious question.

OK....But how does the current crop of Shi'ites running Iran deal with a guy who shaves and cuts his hair, wears modern clothing, and has a hot wife who doesn't cover herself up?
The dress code for men is basically no short pants or sleeveless shirts. Many men wear western style pants, collared shirts, and sport coats or suits. Having just a mustache without a beard is also acceptable. Two Islamic prohibitions for all muslim men are; they cannot wear any article of clothing made of silk; and no accessory such as a watch, ring, or other jewelry made of gold.

Women are to dress modestly. That means no tight fitting clothes, long sleeves, only their hands exposed, very minimal makeup (or none at all), and their hair covered with an appropriate style of hijab. (scarf)

A woman who flaunts the Islamic dress code by dressing immodestly is subject to arrest for public indecency. .... :cool:

The dress code for men is basically no short pants or sleeveless shirts. Many men wear western style pants, collared shirts, and sport coats or suits. Having just a mustache without a beard is also acceptable. Two Islamic prohibitions for all muslim men are; they cannot wear any article of clothing made of silk; and no accessory such as a watch, ring, or other jewelry made of gold.

Women are to dress modestly. That means no tight fitting clothes, long sleeves, only their hands exposed, very minimal makeup (or none at all), and their hair covered with an appropriate style of hijab. (scarf)

A woman who flaunts the Islamic dress code by dressing immodestly is subject to arrest for public indecency. .... :cool:
I understand all those things...I also have learned a lot about this stuff from you.

But that doesn't answer the question: how do the Shi'ite Iranians deal with someone who openly flouts their dress code?

But that doesn't answer the question: how do the Shi'ite Iranians deal with someone who openly flouts their dress code?
From what I understand she could face jail time, and her husband, or father if she lives at home, could also be held accountable by the authorities for her behavior, and even lose his job if he is a government employee. ... :cool:

From what I understand she could face jail time, and her husband, or father if she lives at home, could also be held accountable by the authorities for her behavior, and even lose his job if he is a government employee. ... :cool:
Well, there you have it...Assad should probably get his fuels from the Russians.

Sheer lunacy.

Forum List

Back