Switzerland Bans Face Coverings in Public

JGalt

Diamond Member
Mar 9, 2011
Probably should go in the "Europe" section, but here goes:

"Swiss voters narrowly approved on Sunday a proposal to ban face coverings, both the niqabs and burqas worn by a few Muslim women in the country and the ski masks and bandannas used by protesters.

The measure will outlaw covering one’s face in public places like restaurants, sports stadiums, public transport or simply walking in the street. It foresees exceptions at religious sites and for security or health reasons, such as face masks people are wearing now to protect against COVID-19, as well as for traditional Carnival celebrations. Authorities have two years to draw up detailed legislation.

Two Swiss cantons, or states, Ticino and St. Gallen, already have similar legislation that foresees fines for transgressions. National legislation will put Switzerland in line with countries such as Belgium and France that have already enacted similar measures."

Switzerland approves ban on face coverings in public

BB1elmjL.img

"Swiss voters narrowly approved on Sunday a proposal to ban face coverings, both the niqabs and burqas worn by a few Muslim women in the country and the ski masks and bandannas used by protesters.

The measure will outlaw covering one’s face in public places like restaurants, sports stadiums, public transport or simply walking in the street. It foresees exceptions at religious sites and for security or health reasons, such as face masks people are wearing now to protect against COVID-19, as well as for traditional Carnival celebrations. Authorities have two years to draw up detailed legislation.

Two Swiss cantons, or states, Ticino and St. Gallen, already have similar legislation that foresees fines for transgressions. National legislation will put Switzerland in line with countries such as Belgium and France that have already enacted similar measures."

BB1elmjL.img
Well once they start showing their hairy faces in public, that law might be repealed.

I'd like to move there. I'm sure they would welcome two old fogies with no money to pay for our own insurance, let us vote, give us free housing and other free shit.

I'd like to move there. I'm sure they would welcome two old fogies with no money to pay for our own insurance, let us vote, give us free housing and other free shit.

Hope you like chocolate. They use these for currency in Switzerland, I think...

129762-01_madelaine-buffalo-giant-gold-chocolate-coins-60-piece-box.jpg

Switzerland actually has the most stringent immigration laws in the world.

You have to live their a number of years and have neighbors vouch for you that you would be a good citizen, and then maybe, just maybe, they let you stay.

And they all own automatic weapons and know how to use them cuz they have no standing army.

They are the most right wing nation in the world, but people leave them alone cuz they have everyone's money.

BB1elmjL.img

Sounds reasonable. I love Ticino. Fasching is more in the German speaking areas.

Forum List

Back