Swing State Roundup for Obama Looks Great

Aug 7, 2012
Swing state polling roundup at Kos looks great

It's getting back to where it was pre-debates - and president over 50 in quite a few of them:

Colorado (PPP, 10/16-18): Obama 50, Romney 47
Florida (Newsmax/Zogby, 10/14-16): Obama 47, Romney 44
Iowa (Marist/NBC, 10/15-17): Obama 51, Romney 43
Michigan (EPIC-MRA, 10/17): Obama 52, Romney 46
North Carolina (Rasmussen, 10/17): Obama 46, Romney 52
Ohio (Rasmussen, 10/17): Obama 49, Romney 48
Ohio (SurveyUSA, 10/12-15): Obama 45, Romney 42
Virginia (PPP, 10/15-16): Obama 49, Romney 48
Wisconsin (Marist/NBC, 10/15-17): Obama 51, Romney 45

It doesn't look great. Obama needs to see a change in the direction of these polls. Hopefully that will happen over this week, but cherry picking one favorable poll here and there to make a point does not change the fact that Romney has been riding a big wave of momentum. Right now, this election is up for grabs. If you live in a swing state, you might want to consider taking off of work on election day and making some phone calls or helping get out the vote.

It's getting back to where it was pre-debates - and president over 50 in quite a few of them:

Sigh.........way to cherry pick a poll from every state to support the idea that Obama is in a good place. Leave to the Daily Kos (and COH)...and I can't believe you are using PPP and Marist to support the claim. Good Lord!

Last edited:

Daily Kos? Really? LOL

Sigh.........way to cherry pick a poll from every state to support the idea that Obama is in a good place. Leave to the Daily Kos (and COH)...and I can't believe you are using PPP and Marist to support the claim. Good Lord!

My first thought is that Course should just make up the numbers instead of quoting these polls.

President Obama 294 Governor Romney 244

RealClearPolitics - 2012 Election Maps - Electoral Map No Toss Ups

The margin is thin, and getting thinner.

Yeah....no toss ups. Now look at their count with toss ups and it's Romney 206, Obama 201

RealClearPolitics - 2012 Election Maps - Electoral Map

Now let's have a look at those toss ups. Obama will take Michigan and Pennsylvania, he will probably take Wisconsin as well. That's 46 more for a total of 247.

Romney will take Florida, Virginia, and Colorado for 51. That's a total of 257. If he takes Ohio it's game, set, and match. Obama is currently ahead in Ohio but a) it's within the margin of error, and b) his RCP average is being padded by PPP (run by the Democratic party and on average 4-5 points more favorable to Obama than the rest), and Marist (who is also always way out of line with everyone else and always favoring Obama). Ohio is probably Obama +1.5 - +2 right now. That's a closing trend in Romney's favor.

If Obama continues to get good news like this from the Daily Kos Romney will be picking out his desk for the oval office pretty quickly.

My first thought is that Course should just make up the numbers instead of quoting these polls.

Well as far as PPP and Marist are concerned it's pretty much the same thing.

Remember when this thing first started....RCP had Obama with enough to win (that was without tossups). He's now behind Romney in leaning states by 5.

This thing is only going in one direction.

Remember when this thing first started....RCP had Obama with enough to win (that was without tossups). He's now behind Romney in leaning states by 5.

This thing is only going in one direction.

Ahhhh but according to the...ahem...Daily Kos :lol: there's so much for Obama supporters to be thrilled about. Like the headline said "It's looking great" :rofl:

Hell accord to a New poll today, Pennsylvania may be in Play.

They have Romney up 4 there. It's only 1 poll.

But can you Imagine all this Focus on Ohio, and right next door is Pen, with 2 more Electoral Votes than Ohio.

lol

You can never be sure, But I have been paying attention to elections for a long time now, and I am beginning to think I am watching the Collapse of Obama's Campaign.

It's like there were a lot of people only Voting for Obama because they didn't think they could vote for Romney and the Debates have changed that. It's really a striking change of Direction in the polls, and I am sure a very Alarming trend for the Dems.

Then Again I have also maintained all along that the Polling before was not as Reliable as the Polling in the last few weeks. They really want to get it right now, because were all about to find out how accurate they are.

Last edited:

But can you Imagine all this Focus on Ohio, and right next door is Pen, with 2 more Electoral Votes than Ohio.

lol

You can never be sure, But I have been paying attention to elections for a long time now, and I am beginning to think I am watching the Collapse of Obama's Campaign.

It's like there were a lot of people only Voting for Obama because they didn't think they could vote for Romney and the Debates have changed that. It's really a striking change of Direction in the polls, and I am sure a very Alarming trend for the Dems.

Then Again I have also maintained all along that the Polling before was not as Reliable as the Polling in the last few weeks. They really want to get it right now, because were all about to find out how accurate they are.

What poll is that? It's not on RCP

I think Obama is doing so good, he should just pull out of the swing states and maybe play some golf or hit the View a few more times

lol

Sorry, Can't even remember the Name of the Polling outfit. Do Remember it was a sample size of 1500 Likely Voters in PA. Was on the TV and I am to lazy to look it up.

But it should not be hard to find.

Daily Kos? Really? LOL

Please....just let these guys stay in their little bubble...

lol

Poll shows Romney leading in blue Pennsylvania | WashingtonExaminer.com

Forum List

Back