Sweet Saint of San Andreas, Hear My Prayers

Weatherman2020

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2013
Right coast, classified
upload_2020-1-24_18-22-42.jpeg

Demonrats claimed they passed it to help people. Instead it’s shot every self employed person who makes income in Calif in the kneecaps.

Twitter

That is real?? Well, photographers will be leaving California in mass,

I did not click the link but this is what I get from the posts so far:
In reality it is everyday citizens the law targets... it is disguised by calling it a law against certain aspects of photography [selling for one] and then exempting freelancers and the media, that is the same as passing a law that says citizens rights concerning photography come under government control.

Actually, the law redefines "independent contractors". To maintain a worker as an independent contractor a business must prove that:
  1. The worker is free from the company’s control.
  2. The duties performed by the worker are not central to the company’s core business.
  3. The worker is customarily engaged in an independently established business, trade, or industry.
Otherwise the person needs to be defined as an employee and have all the baggage that comes with "employees".

I did not click the link but this is what I get from the posts so far:
In reality it is everyday citizens the law targets... it is disguised by calling it a law against certain aspects of photography [selling for one] and then exempting freelancers and the media, that is the same as passing a law that says citizens rights concerning photography come under government control.

The law penalizes freelancers (people who work as independent contractors). This seems kind of silly if California wants to encourage entrepreneurs.
I don't see anywhere the law would affect citizens rights to take photographs...unless they were going to sell them to newspapers and media outlets as an independent contractor.

What problem is the AB5 law attempting to solve? I don't get it.

It is trying to kill gig work. For some reason the left, at least in Cali, think that gig work is of the devil.
Btw I bit the bullet and got an Epic Flash driver. I also happened to play with a guy yesterday that had the same driver. We both agreed it is the easiest driver to hit consistently. It goes a little farther than my old driver maybe 10 yards but I don't have big misses with it. It's pricey but it is a really nice stick!

What problem is the AB5 law attempting to solve? I don't get it.

It is trying to kill gig work. For some reason the left, at least in Cali, think that gig work is of the devil.
Btw I bit the bullet and got an Epic Flash driver. I also happened to play with a guy yesterday that had the same driver. We both agreed it is the easiest driver to hit consistently. It goes a little farther than my old driver maybe 10 yards but I don't have big misses with it. It's pricey but it is a really nice stick!

Those look amazing! Let me get my last kid though college and then....:21:

I don't see anywhere the law would affect citizens rights to take photographs...unless they were going to sell them to newspapers and media outlets as an independent contractor.
You may be right, I was commenting on the posts and not the article, but I did say it was disguised meaning it affected citizens in a way that is not easily recognizable...the OP's quoted post distinguishes between photographers and freelancers but claims both are limited to 35, but you are probably right.

You may be right, I was commenting on the posts and not the article, but I did say it was disguised meaning it affected citizens in a way that is not easily recognizable...the OP's quoted post distinguishes between photographers and freelancers but claims both are limited to 35, but you are probably right.
You do know people make a living selling photographs don’t you?

Forum List

Back