Svetozar

Mortimer

Gold Member
Svetozar means Holy Fire "Sveti Zar" or maybe that can also mean Holy Spirit because the Holy Fire could be the Holy Spirit. That's why I think it could be that in childhood and as a teenager, some have blasphemed my name. Just a guess. I didn't know what my name means. Maybe the others knew that. Guess.

In the south,we have an expression that sounds similar but means something totally different. Shit fire (pronounced Shit-Far) is an expression of shock or amazement. "Well shit far, did you see that?"

Svetozar means Holy Fire "Sveti Zar" or maybe that can also mean Holy Spirit because the Holy Fire could be the Holy Spirit. That's why I think it could be that in childhood and as a teenager, some have blasphemed my name. Just a guess. I didn't know what my name means. Maybe the others knew that. Guess.
As far as I know, the root "Svet" means "Light" and "Zar" (not "Jar") means "Dawn", "lighten up".

"Russian sources interpret the name as "Ozarayushiy Svetom" (word order is not important) which could be explained as "the one who radiates light on those around him".
Other similar slavic names are Velizar, Luchezar."

New Topics

Forum List

Back