Survey: importance of different global problems

Misaki

Jul 8, 2011
Here's a quick survey on Google Forms, no registration required. It asks about various topics, including the environment:

Cost of Fixing Global Problems

None of the questions are required, and you can skip any question you don't like.

I want to get as much data as possible, so if you like it, share it!

(Note: I didn't try to do this as a poll on this site, because the last time I did that, ZERO people voted in the poll despite several pages of discussion.)

I got as far as the gender question ... I think the world's biggest problem is people confusing sex (male or female) and gender (traditionally masculine, feminine and neuter) ... we need to all agree on one specific set of New Speak words ... or by now, New New New Speak ...

Cheap and easy fix ... thousand rounds of ammo ought to take out the editors of the OED ...

I'd never even heard of the sex vs gender distinction. Maybe it comes from being a typical US citizen who never becomes fluent in another language. (Therefore not thinking of "gender" as a grammar term. The US is well-known for being big on violence but not allowing sex in movies aimed at younger audiences. Using "gender" instead of "sex" here is a little like people in Hawaii listing their race as "Caucasian" instead of "white".)

The survey was first posted on a site where having lots of gender options was common. The "other" option was a way of saying "I want to follow the rules but I'm lazy". After all, even with just two options, someone could just skip the question.

Forum List

Back