Survey: "Do smart people care about stupid people?"

Misaki

Jul 8, 2011
Survey is on Google Forms, but does not require a login (which is used to prevent multiple responses, so don't do that):
Do smart people care about stupid people?

One person who took the survey said "I don't think the title reflects the question asked very accurately." So the actual question in the survey is this:
Generally speaking, do you think the smartest people in society are trying to create a world in which you're happy?

The goal is to see whether stupid people think that smart people care about stupid people, but apparently stupid people don't spend much time on message boards on the Internet. Still, I request that you not take the survey unless you are in the bottom 70% for intelligence. If you've taken an accurate IQ test (I doubt online ones are accurate), that would be an IQ of less than about 108 or 110.

I've posted this to Philosophy because, like many topics in philosophy, you can't really prove it, and the extent to which you can be confident of your answer is debatable. But I'm really only posting this here in the hope of getting more responses, preferably by people in the bottom 70%. I don't think I'll do much, if any, debating of it.

I'm linking to the survey instead of making a poll for this thread in order to keep the data in one place. Also, I think I've posted polls here that got zero responses.

It's well-known that most people in countries where the issue has been studied consider themselves to be above average, despite that only half of people can be above average, so I'm asking for a cutoff of 70% instead of 50%. I can't stop people from participating in the survey, but know that if too many people who don't meet this requirement participate, the data will be distorted.

As the survey notes, the smart people we know about come from various filters. If a famous scientist with one million followers seems to care about stupid people, it doesn't mean all scientists do. Keep that in mind.

I think the results for this question would vary significantly depending on country, but nothing I can do about that. Similar to trust: in China or Sweden, 60% of people say that most people can be trusted, while in Brazil or Columbia less than 10% say that. (Pew Research in 2007 found 79% for China, 35% for Brazil.)

I think in an ideal society, people would be able to say that yes, smart people do try to make the world better for stupid people. Whatever you respond on this survey now, if the world changes, you might change your answer to this question. In that case, this survey would allow a "before and after" comparison.

Survey is on Google Forms, but does not require a login (which is used to prevent multiple responses, so don't do that):

One person who took the survey said "I don't think the title reflects the question asked very accurately." So the actual question in the survey is this:
Generally speaking, do you think the smartest people in society are trying to create a world in which you're happy?

The goal is to see whether stupid people think that smart people care about stupid people, but apparently stupid people don't spend much time on message boards on the Internet. Still, I request that you not take the survey unless you are in the bottom 70% for intelligence. If you've taken an accurate IQ test (I doubt online ones are accurate), that would be an IQ of less than about 108 or 110.

I've posted this to Philosophy because, like many topics in philosophy, you can't really prove it, and the extent to which you can be confident of your answer is debatable. But I'm really only posting this here in the hope of getting more responses, preferably by people in the bottom 70%. I don't think I'll do much, if any, debating of it.

I'm linking to the survey instead of making a poll for this thread in order to keep the data in one place. Also, I think I've posted polls here that got zero responses.

It's well-known that most people in countries where the issue has been studied consider themselves to be above average, despite that only half of people can be above average, so I'm asking for a cutoff of 70% instead of 50%. I can't stop people from participating in the survey, but know that if too many people who don't meet this requirement participate, the data will be distorted.

As the survey notes, the smart people we know about come from various filters. If a famous scientist with one million followers seems to care about stupid people, it doesn't mean all scientists do. Keep that in mind.

I think the results for this question would vary significantly depending on country, but nothing I can do about that. Similar to trust: in China or Sweden, 60% of people say that most people can be trusted, while in Brazil or Columbia less than 10% say that. (Pew Research in 2007 found 79% for China, 35% for Brazil.)

I think in an ideal society, people would be able to say that yes, smart people do try to make the world better for stupid people. Whatever you respond on this survey now, if the world changes, you might change your answer to this question. In that case, this survey would allow a "before and after" comparison.
Yes we do.

Yes we do.
LMFAO

:thankusmile::thankusmile:

Yes we do.
:iyfyus.jpg:

I used to care about stupid people, because then at the time I didnt realize that those same stupid people vote for the idiots who keep them in poverty and misery. I know longer care, for elections have consequences....

Yes we do.
You are not a smart person, you are a blithering idiot.

Given the number of stupid people in the world, one can reach only one conclusion: the majority of stupid people are willfully so.

The only consideration I give stupid people? To constantly wish that being stupid was painful. Other than that, I have to time for them.

The highest intelligence segment lives off of exploiting the lowest. "Smart" and "stupid" are hardly quantifiable terms and are so vague as to be preposterous as the basis for any discussion.

How smart or stupid you are mostly depends on who you are with. Take the smartest stock market trader around, and put him working in a crew of oil field roughnecks, and they would laugh at how stupid he is.

What results?
Click the poll, it links to the results at the start.

How smart or stupid you are mostly depends on who you are with. Take the smartest stock market trader around, and put him working in a crew of oil field roughnecks, and they would laugh at how stupid he is.
That's the premise of a movie that made $550 million (but has terrible science; an asteroid the size of Texas being "deflected" at a distance of a few thousand km?).

What results?
Click the poll, it links to the results at the start.

That's the premise of a movie that made $550 million (but has terrible science; an asteroid the size of Texas being "deflected" at a distance of a few thousand km?).
A bad movie doesn't mean a bad theory.

New Topics

Forum List

Back