Surge not working so far, but lets wait till september until final verdict

alfred_e_neuman.jpg

You DO know rep comments are consider the same as PM's? You cannot post them in public without the other person's permission.

But that's okay, Shogun. You have my permission to use my negrep comment to you in response to you negrepping me as you signature. But please include my name as having said it. Thanks.

You DO know rep comments are consider the same as PM's? You cannot post them in public without the other person's permission.

But that's okay, Shogun. You have my permission to use my negrep comment to you in response to you negrepping me as you signature. But please include my name as having said it. Thanks.

What? You mean I could have reported someone for disclosing my comments on a neg rep for them? I will have to remember that.

You really should read your links before posting them to ensure they back up your thread title.

It says right on Page One "It is too soon to assess results."

lol, you need to take reading comprehension classes, his title reads:

Surge not working so far, but lets wait till september until final verdict

''so far'' means as of yet...leaving the possibility of it being too soon to assess and ''working'' somewhere down the road imo.

I left your name off because i figured you'd use it as the excuse you want to act like wyatt earp... you know.. playing with fire and all.

''so far'' means as of yet...leaving the possibility of it being too soon to assess and ''working'' somewhere down the road imo.

Nothing wrong with my ability to comprehend, but I can't really say the same for you.

"Surge not working so far ..."

directly conflicts with the factual statement from the report ...

"It is too soon to assess results."

I left your name off because i figured you'd use it as the excuse you want to act like wyatt earp... you know.. playing with fire and all.

Shogun,

I don't need any excuses to act like anything. Let's try some simple English comprehension here.

My neg-repping you in response to you neg-repping me has NOTHING to do with my being a moderator. It is, and has been since becoming a member of this board, my response to being neg-repped. It's pretty-much, with few exceptions, the ONLY time I ever neg-rep anyone.

"Playing with fire" is really no more complicated than you looking at YOUR rep power as opposed to mine.

The only time moderation enters into the fray is when, as now, you refuse to quit taunting me as a moderator, and implying that I abuse the authority with your "wyatt earp" comments. Comments like THAT are clearly against the rules; yet, despite repeated warnings, you refuse to quit making them.

Give it a rest.

feel better?

Wyatt Earp: All right, Clanton... you called down the thunder, well now you've got it! You see that?
[pulls open his coat, revealing a badge]
Wyatt Earp: It says United States Marshal!
Ike Clanton: [terrified, pleading] Wyatt, please, I...
Wyatt Earp: [referring to Stilwell, lying dead] Take a good look at him, Ike... 'cause that's how you're gonna end up!
[shoves Ike down roughly with his boot]
Wyatt Earp: The Cowboys are finished, you understand? I see a red sash, I kill the man wearin' it!
[lets Ike up to run for his life]
Wyatt Earp: So run, you cur... RUN! Tell all the other curs the law's comin'!
[shouts]
Wyatt Earp: You tell 'em I'M coming... and hell's coming with me, you hear?...
[louder]
Wyatt Earp: Hell's coming with me!

Just another six months, just another six months, just another six months.....

Kinda like trying to get a kid to clean up his room...

When would be a good time to access results – on a good week, month from now, 6 months, 1 year, 3 years, 10 years, 25 years, a century from now? What standard is to be used – it is good if the results are just 1 attack each day, month or year?

When can soldiers come home – when the Iraq government can manage the nation? To what degree should they be able to manage – that there be less than 1 attack each day?

Sean Hannity and his ilk define victory as not being defeat. That definition is too circular and provides no objective quantifiable measure. I have yet to see anyone give a specific answer.

Why are we waiting until September? Mitch McChinless (McConnell) has already said there will be a change at that time, so why get more of our troops killed and maimed as a salve to Chimpy McPresident's ego? Let's redeploy them NOW, get them the fuck out of Iraq where they had no reason to be in the first place, and rebuild the military this President has used so badly.

Yeah!

Let's continue to throw more good after bad. Just because something is not working that's no reason not to keep on trying the same failed, innefective thing is it?:eusa_wall:

"Too soon to assess?"

Give me a freaking break!

The verdict has been in for a while. We've lost our objective in Iraq. The only people who refuse to admit it are those who don't mind sacrificing America's finest warriors like they're just toy soldiers in a little "game" of make believe war.

You and George Bush may have all the time in the world to wait for something to "work" care4all but our troops don't.

It's nice to have that luxury isn't it?

Why are we waiting until September? Mitch McChinless (McConnell) has already said there will be a change at that time, so why get more of our troops killed and maimed as a salve to Chimpy McPresident's ego? Let's redeploy them NOW, get them the fuck out of Iraq where they had no reason to be in the first place, and rebuild the military this President has used so badly.

Let the terrorists know they have the full backing of the left - I am sure that will mke them feel so much better BP

At this point july 12th, we need to wait until september for the surge report before anyone knows if the surge is working or not. Sorry for the stupidity on my part

At this point july 12th, we need to wait until september for the surge report before anyone knows if the surge is working or not. Sorry for the stupidity on my part

There have been at least three other "surges" in Iraq, none of which has provided anything more than a brief respite from the violence. Why should we expect this one to be any different? Why should we continue to pour our blood and treasure into the sands of Iraq?

There have been at least three other "surges" in Iraq, none of which has provided anything more than a brief respite from the violence. Why should we expect this one to be any different? Why should we continue to pour our blood and treasure into the sands of Iraq?

How about killing terrorists who want to kill us?

Forum List

Back