Supreme Court Smacks Down Democrats' Attack on Trump

Profiting from a Hotel?

Trump hands out big money political favors to whoever pays his vastly inflated hotel rates. Bribe-taking like that is specifically why the founders wrote the emoluments clause into the Constitution.

All the Trump cultists, without exception, defend the bribe-taking and the violation of the Constitution. They're not even pretending they don't kiss the keister of corruption. Like I said, they're all loyal to Trump instead of the USA.
Wow...

Trump does favors for you if you rent a room in his hotel????

View attachment 401156
What happens if a foreign government starts renting out hundreds of rooms? Thousands of rooms?

At some point in time, this crosses a line, doesn’t it?

Only if an asshole like Biden owned the hotel.
Afterall, he sold the VP office and the 'magic Negro' couldn't even hold him back!

True story.

And the Democrats lose again....

The Supreme Court on Tuesday declined to hear a lawsuit case brought by congressional Democrats who alleged President Donald Trump was illegally profiting from his business interests in violation of the anti-corruption provisions in the U.S. Constitution.

The justices refused to hear an appeal by 215 Democrats in the Senate and House of Representatives of a February ruling by a lower court that lawmakers had no standing to bring their suit, which pointed to Trump profiting from foreign government officials choosing to spend money at Trump hotels as violations of the Constitution’s Emoluments Clause, Reuters reported.

The Trump International Hotel Washington, D.C. is the primary property Democrats have singled out as one some foreign officials choose to patronize while they are in the nation’s capital.

The hotel is located blocks away from the White House and was opened shortly before Trump was elected in 2016.

The emoluments lawsuits have accused Trump of making himself vulnerable to bribery by foreign governments because he has retained ownership of his business interests.

The Supreme Court’s denial to hear the case means the petition failed to get the support of at least four judges and leaves in place the lower court ruling, according to The Hill.

The U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit judges found in February that the lawsuit is really a political matter for Congress and the president to work out, not the judiciary.

“The Members can, and likely will, continue to use their weighty voices to make their case to the American people, their colleagues in the Congress and the President himself, all of whom are free to engage that argument as they see fit,” the judges wrote. “But we will not — indeed we cannot — participate in this debate.”

“The Constitution permits the Judiciary to speak only in the context of an Article III case or controversy and this lawsuit presents neither,” they added.

The D.C. Circuit judges noted that the Senate and House Democrats who sued Trump represented a minority in both chambers, and therefore the lawmakers had no standing to bring the case.

“[O]ur conclusion is straightforward because the Members — 29 Senators and 186 Members of the House of Representatives — do not constitute a majority of either body and are, therefore, powerless to approve or deny the President’s acceptance of foreign emoluments,” the court decision reads.
They are proving Senator Whitehouse correct. Another partisan decision? :laugh:

Time to expand the court.
What a great idea...

How many more Justices should Trump add???

Fascinating. The Trump cult is openly defending Trump's flouting of the Emoluments clause and his open-bribe taking. The Trump cult isn't even pretending to be loyal to the USA any more. They're only loyal to Trump.

"Trump vulnerable to bribery by foreign governments"????

:auiqs.jpg::laughing0301::lmao::lol:

I'm vulnerable to bribery from any government, foreign or otherwise.

But, so far, no one has offered.

Fascinating. The Trump cult is openly defending Trump's flouting of the Emoluments clause and his open-bribe taking. The Trump cult isn't even pretending to be loyal to the USA any more. They're only loyal to Trump.

Just don't buy any of that cheap-assed wine from Pelosi's vineyard...

I would hate to see you in trouble for bribery!!!

For generations, U.S. presidents have gone to great lengths to avoid potential conflicts of interest. When I was elected, I followed suit by placing my small business in a blind trust to assure our citizens that I would always put the country’s interests ahead of my own. It’s a vital presidential tradition. That’s why I find it a bit curious that our new commander-in-chief has been allowed to ignore it.

For Christ’s sake, you people made me get rid of my peanut farm before you let me be president.

I grew up on that farm. When my father died, I moved back home and worked those fields with my own two hands to keep it afloat. It was a hard job, but it was so rewarding. It wasn’t just a business—it was the place I called home. Letting go of the family farm was one of the hardest things I’ve ever had to do, but I did it because the American people asked me to. I did it for their sake, without enthusiasm, but also without hesitation.

Boy, times sure have changed, haven’t they? I couldn’t help but notice that the current occupant of the White House owns more than 500 companies, has business interests across the Middle East and Asia, and owes hundreds of millions of dollars to banks he is now responsible for regulating. It seems a touch unfair that a bigger fuss was made about my little peanut operation than all his office towers, hotels, and golf courses combined. All I had was a farm, you know? A small, precious farm.

Seriously, it was just a few fields and a warehouse, and you idiots still appointed a special prosecutor and spent six months investigating it.

It's the Onion.

Lighten up.

Just don't buy any of that cheap-assed wine from Pelosi's vineyard...

I would hate to see you in trouble for bribery!!!

Life is way too short to drink cheap wine.

stock-photo-glass-wine-beard-fine-red-wine-3a4227fe-d6de-4917-93f5-e83eaa8ea6c9.jpg

Probably a good thing for them that they didn't. :lmao:

Somebody ask Biden, he's an expert in that area. He knows all the ins and outs and exactly how it's done.

That's funny coming from the likes of you who looks the other way on Biden family business is Russia and China.

As is always the case, you lying about us doesn't make us hypocrites. It just makes you bigger liars. You're just making up idiot conspiracy theories about the Bidens.

And why are you doing that? You're deliberately run cover for Trump's bribe-taking and corruption. That won't change now matter how frantically you deflect. Trump is taking bribes, and you support it. You suck hard at being an American.

Profiting from a Hotel?

Trump hands out big money political favors to whoever pays his vastly inflated hotel rates. Bribe-taking like that is specifically why the founders wrote the emoluments clause into the Constitution.

All the Trump cultists, without exception, defend the bribe-taking and the violation of the Constitution. They're not even pretending they don't kiss the keister of corruption. Like I said, they're all loyal to Trump instead of the USA.

No kidding, which Trump hotel has vastly inflated rates?

That's funny coming from the likes of you who looks the other way on Biden family business is Russia and China.

As is always the case, you lying about us doesn't make us hypocrites. It just makes you bigger liars. You're just making up idiot conspiracy theories about the Bidens.

And why are you doing that? You're deliberately run cover for Trump's bribe-taking and corruption. That won't change now matter how frantically you deflect. Trump is taking bribes, and you support it. You suck hard at being an American.
...says the guy who insists criminal activity by Democrats is perfectly fine.

The Supreme Court on Tuesday declined to hear a lawsuit case brought by congressional Democrats who alleged President Donald Trump was illegally profiting from his business interests in violation of the anti-corruption provisions in the U.S. Constitution.

The justices refused to hear an appeal by 215 Democrats in the Senate and House of Representatives of a February ruling by a lower court that lawmakers had no standing to bring their suit, which pointed to Trump profiting from foreign government officials choosing to spend money at Trump hotels as violations of the Constitution’s Emoluments Clause, Reuters reported.

The Trump International Hotel Washington, D.C. is the primary property Democrats have singled out as one some foreign officials choose to patronize while they are in the nation’s capital.

The hotel is located blocks away from the White House and was opened shortly before Trump was elected in 2016.

The emoluments lawsuits have accused Trump of making himself vulnerable to bribery by foreign governments because he has retained ownership of his business interests.

The Supreme Court’s denial to hear the case means the petition failed to get the support of at least four judges and leaves in place the lower court ruling, according to The Hill.

The U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit judges found in February that the lawsuit is really a political matter for Congress and the president to work out, not the judiciary.

“The Members can, and likely will, continue to use their weighty voices to make their case to the American people, their colleagues in the Congress and the President himself, all of whom are free to engage that argument as they see fit,” the judges wrote. “But we will not — indeed we cannot — participate in this debate.”

“The Constitution permits the Judiciary to speak only in the context of an Article III case or controversy and this lawsuit presents neither,” they added.

The D.C. Circuit judges noted that the Senate and House Democrats who sued Trump represented a minority in both chambers, and therefore the lawmakers had no standing to bring the case.

“[O]ur conclusion is straightforward because the Members — 29 Senators and 186 Members of the House of Representatives — do not constitute a majority of either body and are, therefore, powerless to approve or deny the President’s acceptance of foreign emoluments,” the court decision reads.

In two years Progs will lose the House and Senate if they do. And Repubs with a vengeance would expand the court again if given the chance at power. Many of the Progs are in first or second gear in their ways of life. On a sucker would stay at second and third gear if there was no reward for it. Yeah, I would see a slow down in quality of work from this.

the only cult is the trump haters and now they are crying because the courts failed them. Get ready for more disappointments cultist

Trump does favors for you if you rent a room in his hotel????

Someone would have to be a special kind of stupid to say that. Therefore, you're actually saying it. You're using a stupid act to deflect from Trump's bribe-taking. Are you doing that because you're corrupt, or because you're profoundly stupid? If you'd like to claim both reasons, I think everyone will believe you.

---
But Mr. Trump did not merely fail to end Washington’s insider culture of lobbying and favor-seeking. He reinvented it, turning his own hotels and resorts into the Beltway’s new back rooms, where public and private business mix and special interests reign.
But once Mr. Trump was in the White House, his family business discovered a lucrative new revenue stream: people who wanted something from the president. An investigation by The Times found over 200 companies, special-interest groups and foreign governments that patronized Mr. Trump’s properties while reaping benefits from him and his administration. Nearly a quarter of those patrons have not been previously reported.
---

This is where all the Trump cultists wet themselves and scream "FAKE NEWS", so that they can keep running cover for DearLeader's corruption. They know they're lying, but they see lying for the cult as being a good and holy thing. That's the dangerous thing about religious fanatics like the Trump cultists. They think acting for the "greater good" of the cult justifies any atrocity they commit.

Last edited:

In two years Progs will lose the House and Senate if they do. And Repubs with a vengeance would expand the court again if given the chance at power. Many of the Progs are in first or second gear in their ways of life. On a sucker would stay at second and third gear if there was no reward for it. Yeah, I would see a slow down in quality of work from this.
Do we really want tostack the courts? How about we continue filling them with constitutional minded justcies

If Democrats would spend some time trying to figure out what the American people need, they wouldn't have so much time to do this kind of dead end sniping. Democrats truly don't seem to care anything about improving the lot of the American people. They're more worried about their own parties power. Vote straight Republican
I believe they are trying to get rid of a corrupt president. I do.

They have fought to have the President ousted from office the day after he was elected, if they spent half that time trying to be constructive and not destructive the country would be much better off. so much time has been wasted and the next four years is going to be much worse. What a sad state we are in, politics over country.
Maybe that crooked lousy shell of a man should have been smarter. Same with those that voted him in. All this wouldn't have happened.

Maybe the Democrats should have nominated a candidate that didn’t divide the nation so badly

...says the guy who insists criminal activity by Democrats is perfectly fine.

I warned you that castration was part of the Trump cult initiation ceremony. You didn't care. You thought it was worth the price of getting that contant hate-rush.

And no, I will not stop busting you for being a corrupt Stalinist psychopath just because you now cry at me in an extremely shrill tone.

Forum List

Back