Supreme Court Rules 7-2 on Obamacare

Dana7360

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2014
It was just announced that the Supreme Court ruled 7-2 on Obamacare saying the states don't have standing on this case.

So Obamacare stays.

For now.

It was just announced that the Supreme Court ruled 7-2 on Obamacare saying the states don't have standing on this case.

So Obamacare stays.

For now.

That's truly a shame. The Court is a joke. I just hope Manchin keeps his finger in the dam. Otherwise, we're all fucked.

So Obamacare stays.

For now.

That's truly a shame. The Court is a joke. I just hope Manchin keeps his finger in the dam. Otherwise, we're all fucked.

I think it's a very good thing that we still have Obamacare.

In fact, I think we should do away with insurance companies for health care.

Most people in America can't stand insurance companies controlling what health care they can have and denying to pay medical bills.

We have some people who can have health care without being bankrupted or have insurance premiums that aren't astronomical. It's not fair that some people have proper insurance that is affordable and others don't here in the United States.

Our health care system is a total mess.

Affordable Care Act Survives Latest Supreme Court Challenge​

The court sidestepped the larger issue in the case, whether the 2010 health care law can stand without a provision that required most Americans to obtain insurance or pay a penalty.

In the years since the enactment of the law in 2010, Republicans have worked hard to destroy it, and President Donald J. Trump relentlessly criticized it. But attempts to repeal it failed, as did two earlier Supreme Court challenges, in 2012 and 2015. With the passing years, the law gained in popularity and was woven into the fabric of the health care system. Its future now seems secure.

A ruling against the law would also have doomed its protections for Americans with past or current health problems — or pre-existing conditions. The protections bar insurers from denying them coverage or charging them more for it.

So Obamacare stays.

For now.

So much for those three trump Justices.....:heehee:

So Obamacare stays.

For now.

So much for those three trump Justices.....:heehee:
Yes all your incessant bellyaching when he nominated them seems to have been pointless lol

So Obamacare stays.

For now.

Most people in America can't stand insurance companies controlling what health care they can have and denying to pay medical bills.

We have some people who can have health care without being bankrupted or have insurance premiums that aren't astronomical. It's not fair that some people have proper insurance that is affordable and others don't here in the United States.

You still have to choose an insurance plan.

So Obamacare stays.

For now.

I've spent way too much time discussing the merits, or lack thereof, of ACA. It's corporatist shitshow throughout.

But, outside it's corruption and the blatant violation of Constitutional limits on government, the ACA does not have broad consensus. It was passed on strict partisan lines and will be a political football going forward, constantly torn and twisted as successive administrations get their hands on it.

You've managed to put politicians in charge of our health care. Congrats.

So Obamacare stays.

For now.

Somebody go wake up Trump and tell him that he and his cult lost again, and it wasn't even close! Bigly!!!

The court sidestepped the larger issue in the case, whether the 2010 health care law can stand without a provision that required most Americans to obtain insurance or pay a penalty.

In the years since the enactment of the law in 2010, Republicans have worked hard to destroy it, and President Donald J. Trump relentlessly criticized it. But attempts to repeal it failed, as did two earlier Supreme Court challenges, in 2012 and 2015. With the passing years, the law gained in popularity and was woven into the fabric of the health care system. Its future now seems secure.

A ruling against the law would also have doomed its protections for Americans with past or current health problems — or pre-existing conditions. The protections bar insurers from denying them coverage or charging them more for it.

We do not reach these questions of the Act’s validity, however, for Texas and the other plaintiffs in this suit lack the standing necessary to raise them,” Breyer wrote.

Major defeat for Scumpty; it was his signature campaign promise, to repeal Obamacare and replace it "with something better." Problem was, he couldn't come up with something better. Had he worked harder and perhaps gave up a few rounds of golf, perhaps he could have come up with something better. Yeah, right! Bigly!!!

This is a sad day for America........

Not just because 2 of the newest conservative appointments betrayed America and Jesus....

But because now we are going to have to keep hearing Republican candidates campaign on repealing and replacing Obamacare for 10 more years.........

If a bozo like Obama was able to get a healthcare plan put in place during his first couple of years....why can't republicans do it in over 10 plus years??

Those Dems are pretty crafty...

Last edited:

So Obamacare stays.

For now.

and you think Medicare is any different?...

Forum List

Back